Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Being old SUCKS

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a cramp in my abdomen from dancing all day ouch !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Adults average about 2 to 4 colds a year, although the range varies widely. Women, especially those aged 20 to 30 years, have more colds than men, possibly because of their closer contact with children. On average, people older than age 60 have fewer than one cold a year. https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/common_cold_overview
    If this is true, than my immune system isn't as lousy as I thought. I get sick about 4-5 times per year.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wash your hands. Wash your hands. No. Really. Wash your hands.

I'm vigilant about this. To the point where it's almost an obsession.

And hey? Guess what? I very, very rarely get sick. I have stomach problems lol. But I can't tell you when the time I got a cold was.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That only helps if transmission occurs through touch alone. Problem is when people don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze and I'm always encountering those people during the cold/flu seasons. Masks are supposed to help, but I keep forgetting to use one. It's too late though when somebody coughs and doesn't cover their mouth. The germs travel pretty far and stays in the air for a long time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Infuriatingly came down with another sore throat, which for me is the early sign of a cold. I already had a cold a couple weeks ago. And I wondered about the soda fountains at 7 Elevens. A big cup is only a buck and I'd been regularly getting diet coke there the last several months. I encountered this article:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it?s time you know that you should definitely avoid fountain sodas and slurpees forever. Here?s why.
    Warning: Graphic photos ahead.

1. Mold and Bacteria

Photo courtesy of retailhellunderground.com

Since restaurant workers rarely clean the soda machines, there?s most definitely a crap ton of mold in the pipes that your bubbly beverage runs through.
    And the ice in your drinks from places like McDonald?s, Burger King and Starbucks is even worse. Apparently the ice from these establishments have more bacteria than water samples taken from their toilet bowls. Yuck.

2. Bleach

Photo courtesy of imgur.com

And when the workers do clean, they typically just dump bleach down the pipes to unclog the mold. That means you?re probably drinking way more chemicals than what?s already in your soda.
    The photo above is the stuff cleaned out of the machine?s drain hose. #barf

3. Fecal Bacteria

Photo courtesy of support.cleanwaterstore.com

In other words POOP. Yes, this is legit. According to research published in the International Journal of Food Microbiology, 90 beverages from soda fountain machines in Virginia were tested for fecal contamination. I?m not sure how it got there, but the results showed that about half of the drinks came up positive for coliform bacteria, indicating fecal matter was there. Ew.

4. E. coli

Photo courtesy of wired.co.uk

In that same study, another bacteria ? called E. coli ? was found in the fountain drinks. So if you want to have diarrhea, a UTI, respiratory illness or pneumonia, go ahead and have your soda. I?ll pass.

5. Insects

Photo courtesy of orkin.com

Cockroaches. Yeah i said it. First off, I?ve seen them by the soda machines in my dining hall. Restaurant workers also say they?ve seen those buggers because, apparently, they like the syrup that leaks from the machines. Guh-ross.

6. The Smell

Photo courtesy of ottawaliving.ca

Ever have a washing machine that smells really musty? Well, I assume the mold, fecal matter and everything else combined in a soda machine would create a stench that?s just not appealing. Period.

7. Health Reasons

Photo courtesy of take-shape-now.com

If you didn?t already know, soda?s not good for you. There?s way too much sugar and a ton of random ingredients you probably can?t even pronounce. Something in Coke can even take rust and paint off of cars, so imagine what it does to your intestines?
    So there you have it. The next time you order a burger and fries, think twice before getting a fountain soda.
    If I needed a reason to quit diet coke, or at least fountain versions, this is it. I don't care if this article is overexagerrating. Holy crap.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feet are hurting really bad. Don't think I'm going to go to church tomorrow, and I'm feeling extremely lonely. Then comes my stupid sexual hormones that nobody cares about.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I legitimately do not remember creating this thread.
    I guess let's just roll with it then. Well, most of my thoughts are health thoughts lately. And they're most definitely not random.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    I legitimately do not remember creating this thread.
    I guess let's just roll with it then. Well, most of my thoughts are health thoughts lately. And they're most definitely not random.
    I think that is the dangers of the Internet. We are constantly leaving a trail of information, and yet we are unaware of where it is all going.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote SadAndIsolated View Post
    I think that is the dangers of the Internet. We are constantly leaving a trail of information, and yet we are unaware of where it is all going.
    Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of that, internet addict or not. I don't really do the social media thing. To be fair though I made this in late 2016. I probably don't remember much else of that time period either. Things just get forgotten and buried.

I'm realizing how depressing my posts are sounding haha. They're not terribly bad; just thoughts. Observations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.