Need Agoraphobia Help Anyone??

removed.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Can you have a family member go with you to a treatment place? Or have in-home general doctor come to your place and prescribe you enough anxiety medicine for an in-treatment aggressive program?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got a couple ideas (maybe); not sure if they'd work for your situation......aren't there lots of the Skype type counselors?? Have you checked into that (i'm sure you have!). Where do you get your current meds from now or don't you take any? Just wondering if maybe that doctor could write out a prescription for home health care of some sort. And, one last idea...I know you are Christian. What about calling several of the pastors from churches in your area to come over and visit with you and then they can see first hand how you are struggling and maybe they can go out in town and visit with some counselors and ask for help in getting you at home treatment? Just some things that came across my mind as I read your post!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    @anxiouskathie --- The church idea is a really good idea! It's about out-sourcing idea's. I'm sure a lot of people in the community would be willing to help, if they understood how bad the situation was. Hopefully, she's able to call some.

Also call the therapists back in town You should also ask them whether they offer psychotherapy sessions over the phone. Maybe someone will offer their services to you at a reduced cost.

We can also reach out to Anxiety Association of America about your situation and see what they advice: https://www.adaa.org/
    (They might be able to find programs we are overlooking).

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Have you not got help lines in the US? We have loads over here. Numbers we can ring just to talk to a voice on the other end of the phone. There are various help lines. One for nearly every condition. Through them contacts are made. They arrange home help if the person can not leave the house. Or even to pick a person up and take them to were they can get help.

I read your words about faith earlier. This is were your faith comes into play. Not giving up hope. Believing there is an answer out there. That you will find it. Kathy mentioned the church. I am one of little faith and even I once talked to a priest. Oddly 2 priests in one day. Each belonged to a different church. We have church of Ireland, which is not Catholic, and your normal Church. What are the odds of running into a priest from both in the same day? One simply wears grey and the other black. Other than that they spoke the same words. Which was all about never giving up. We find answers in places and times when we least expect them to appear.

So keep on searching out answers. There will be one waiting for you. Once that will suit your every need. Try and not get angry and frustrated. I know that can happen to a lot of people. When it seems like they are stuck. It looks like there is no way forward at all. There is always a way. This comes from a person who stayed in his house for a decade. Would have been so easy to just give up. But I believed things would get better. It might take a while. It did take a while. Even slow improvement is better than none at all. There is answers out there. You will find them.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    removed

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well, I don't know what to say.......it doesn't sound like you have much faith in the doctors, the hospitals or the physical therapists at this point. I'm glad you aren't giving up, but there's got to be some way, some how, to get you to a doctor.....maybe you just haven't reached the point yet to where it just doesn't matter and you'll get in the car and go and say screw it, i'll just scream and panic all the way!!!! I'll keep thinking of some other ideas!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I came up with another idea!!!!! If there is a university near by, perhaps contact them and see about using Psychiatric/psycholgist students!!!! They will bend over backwards to get experience PLUS their progress and treatment plans have to be followed by an MD!!!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I'm kinda more concerned about your doctors lack of help, Butterfly How are you getting Xanax filled with going only once a year? Maybe it might be time to look for a new doctor that is willing to help you more and try treatment options?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh god. I wish I had something to tell you. I'm in the same boat Any updates???

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Agoraphobia is quite curable; however it is not easy.

1) Get a complete physical, including various types of bloodwork. Agoraphobia, anxiety disorders, and panic attacks can sometimes have a physical origin, such as a nutrient deficiency. Often, a carefully prescribed regimen of nutrients containing specified doses of Vitamin C, the various B vitamins, calcium, and magnesium can help to restore balance to the nervous system and over time help to decrease the terror that accompanies agoraphobia.

2) See a therapist. When the root cause of the agoraphobia is not obviously physical, there is a chance that either a long repressed memory or an accumulation of various experiences have resulted in the development of agoraphobia. A trained counselor or therapist can help uncover these events, and assist the patient in beginning to defuse their impact on the mind, often with the use of specific types of behavior therapy. This might mean Skype therapy, group therapy, or even having family take you. Maybe even an in-home care worker can take you.

3) Identify and expand the range of ?safe places.? Many agoraphobics have a few places where the fears and anxiety subside enough that it is possible to function. These safe places often include the home, the homes of a few loved ones, and perhaps a local park. Using these safe places as a foundation, begin to expand the perimeter of these places. If the home is safe, every day, take a few more steps out your door and just stand outside until those areas feel safe and you are able to spend time sitting in the back yard until this space begins to feel safe. Walk one city block from your home regularly until traveling that distance begins to register as safe, then add another block to the walk.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes I now have a Christian Lady who has went through what I have she also has many health issues but she is making it through she also has a several college degrees and working on her masters degree we talk twice a week she gives me homework to do and she also talks with me for around 2 hours!! Yes and only charges me 75.00 a month because as a Christian she is Godly and such a blessing . She had me get 3 books to work from that I ordered on amazon. It will take a lot of work and it is triggering my anxiety and panic more but I am learning slowly that the only way out is to know no matter what if I am not healed here on earth I will be in Heaven so I am doing my best to stay away from negative people who do not pay attention to what I talk about or write about and try to belittle me in any way they can . Steer clear of those people and grow closer to the positive people who really do care. If you need any help message me okay I will do my best to help you out. God does not want us to be doormats either so do not allow people to walk all over you.
    God Bless
    Take small steps everyday okay and first do a Vision Board write what you want to be able to do . Journal everyday. Serenity Prayer and Trusting in God and his son Jesus .
    Always make sure that you are checked out by your family doc like I have over the years and then know you are dealing with mental health more than physical health. I have physical health problems that are hard to deal with when in pain everyday.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    No University near me maybe 2 -3 hours away. I never said I had no faith in doctors , therapist or physical therapist at all I don't know where you got that because that is not the case at all I HAVE written about some things I have been through I actually seen over 30 doctors in 1 1/2 years when I first started with agoraphobia and I have always had a family doctor and had my labs done my ct scans done my mri's done eeg's, mra's and much more right now I have AGORAPHOBIA and I also have been using a walker and wheelchair due to my spinal stenosis which showed up on my ct scan in 2012 along with the other health issues I then seen several more doctors so please do not assume that I do not like nor trust ALL doctors or therapist. I am unable to drive myself due to the brain tumor my left eye is bulging and I am off balance and along with a bad back and pain I will not put my life or those our driving at risk first I would be needing to make it out the door . Not everyone who has any mental health or physical health problem suffers the same .

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    my family doctor writes my rx's in our area we do not have many doctors who will even write benzos I only take .5 twice a day and my serzone many doctors are taking benzos away from their patients and they are having to go cold turkey thanks to drug users.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I now have a Christian therapist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.