Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin sr,Wellbutrin xl Making sense of the mess

Wellbutrin is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor and releaser It is also a nicotinic antagonist. This is relevant to bupropion's effects on lowering cravings for cigarettes and smoking reduction. I cannot handle the SR ,much less the straight Wellbutrin IR. It's quicker release causing more norepinephrine activity makes me jittery and anxious. The XL works well for me . I still feel the NE effects, but in a much smoother way. It is more of an activating and wakeful agent. It definitely helps with my co-morbid depression and the sexual, appetite side-effects that I get from Lexapro. Though Lexapro side effects for myself have been lower than any other SSRI.

Here is a link to excellent studies about Wellbutrin, which covers all three forms. The figures below show the concentrations and peak plasma times within the body by hrs.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1163271/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice graphs, I love graphs :3

I'm currently on lexapro and plan on trialing wellbutrin within a few weeks. I have been putting weight on recently which is frustrating :/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote onawheel View Post
    nice graphs, I love graphs :3

I'm currently on lexapro and plan on trialing wellbutrin within a few weeks. I have been putting weight on recently which is frustrating :/
    I like graphs :]
    I would definitely try to go with the Xl. Which is a once a day and is the slowest releaser of the drug. I use the combo. of 10mg Lexapro and 300 Xl Wellbutrin. It has definitely helped my get out the melancholic states, due to my comorbid depression. It is an excellent antidepressant and very helpful for energy levels and improved mood. As you know the IR,,3x a day, and SL, 2x a day, versions have a lot of spikes throughout the day,with each time you dose. I tried the SL version and I couldn't use it. The faster effects and spike of NE was to strong.
    Also, when you combine an SSRI (Lexapro) with Wellbutrin. You basically have triple reuptake inhibition of the monoamines (NE, DA 5HT).
    Also, I am a "social" smoker and due to its nicotinic antagonism: I rarely want a cigarette.

One last thing, after the FDA debacle with Wellbutrin. They have now also pulled Teva's WellbutrinSR. I am currently using Watson Pharma. for the first time. Hopefully the have the formulation down and the XL releases properly.

How much Lexapro are you on?
    For how long have you been on it?

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.