Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Is Your Anxiety Like?

"I feel like I'm in a prison of fear..."

"It's like I've been left out in the cold..."

The above are two metaphors that two clients of mine used to talk about their anxiety and let me know what their experience was like. Imagine that you could talk about your anxiety in metaphor. What would you say?

I appreciate and understand fully that talking about your anxiety can sometimes be difficult. If you don't feel ready to participate in this thread, that's fine. But if you would like to talk about what your anxiety is like then I'd very much like to listen. Having someone listen intently to what you have to say is not an experience many of us have these days. So this thread is your chance to talk about what your anxiety is like and have me and the other readers of this thread listen intently to you and deeply value you & your experiences. No judgement. No therapy. Just being listened to.

If you need help getting started, you can answer one of the two following questions:

1) What is your anxiety like?

2) Your anxiety is like what?

And there is a third question you can answer too:

3) When you get anxious, what would like to have happen?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its like I'm a bag of mustard in the rain.
    dragged into an alley way next to a dumpster by janitors who mistaken my being in the open to try to join in tag with the neighbors as pollution to the community.
    What happens I turn into a disposable potrait only to be overlooked by a better disposable one.
    I would like to share a blanket, in a survival sense.
    Learn to perfect whatever it is and just basically live. just live, survive and not let it take away my passion.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Prisinor in my mind

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    What Crystalmc said, prisoner in my mind, although there's other reasons why that is as well.

It's like...I know that what I'm panaicking about is irrational and I have no clue why I'm panicking and why I feel the need to run away as fast as I can. It's like every thought brings some sort of doubt. It's like everyone is watching me every second of the day, like there's someone always following me and standing right behind me. It's like I left the house with a neon sign floating above me pointing at me saying "LOOK AT ME! EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS IDIOT HERE WHO CAN'T SOCIALIZE AND IS OBVIOUSLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!". And I also can't seem to do simple things such as send someone a text, or pay for shopping, or do anything without wondering what the other person is thinking. (And obviously, I was an idiot for sending that tex saying "Hi" and they hate me now and think I'm some sort of whiny, desperate loser.)

It's hell on earth.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It feels like my body is made of electricity (in a bad way). And my brain is short circuiting. I'd like to suppress the anxiety before my brain short circuits, or learn how to hide the fact my brain is short circuiting from others.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much to the people who have replied to this thread. Takes huge guts and courage to talk about your experiences like that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I generally don't have anxiety, until I have to go somewhere and I'm surrounded by people.

Then it's like I'm a frozen statue, except for the fact that I'm trembling.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I generally don't have anxiety, until I have to go somewhere and I'm surrounded by people.

Then it's like I'm a frozen statue, except for the fact that I'm trembling.
    Thanks so much for sharing that, Winters Tale. I'm intrigued by what you've said here. You don't generally have anxiety, until you have to go somewhere and you're surrounded by people. Then it's like you're a frozen statute, except for the fact that you're trembling.

Thank you for sharing that with me and with the other people on this thread. It's much appreciated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    It feels like my body is made of electricity (in a bad way). And my brain is short circuiting. I'd like to suppress the anxiety before my brain short circuits, or learn how to hide the fact my brain is short circuiting from others.
    Thank you very much for sharing that, Antidote. Much appreciated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    What Crystalmc said, prisoner in my mind, although there's other reasons why that is as well.

It's like...I know that what I'm panaicking about is irrational and I have no clue why I'm panicking and why I feel the need to run away as fast as I can. It's like every thought brings some sort of doubt. It's like everyone is watching me every second of the day, like there's someone always following me and standing right behind me. It's like I left the house with a neon sign floating above me pointing at me saying "LOOK AT ME! EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS IDIOT HERE WHO CAN'T SOCIALIZE AND IS OBVIOUSLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!". And I also can't seem to do simple things such as send someone a text, or pay for shopping, or do anything without wondering what the other person is thinking. (And obviously, I was an idiot for sending that tex saying "Hi" and they hate me now and think I'm some sort of whiny, desperate loser.)

It's hell on earth.
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Otherside. Much appreciated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Crystalmc View Post
    Prisinor in my mind
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Crystalmc. Much appreciated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote i just want luv View Post
    Its like I'm a bag of mustard in the rain.
    dragged into an alley way next to a dumpster by janitors who mistaken my being in the open to try to join in tag with the neighbors as pollution to the community.
    What happens I turn into a disposable potrait only to be overlooked by a better disposable one.
    I would like to share a blanket, in a survival sense.
    Learn to perfect whatever it is and just basically live. just live, survive and not let it take away my passion.
    Thank you for sharing your experience, I just want luv. Much appreciated.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.