Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Ever had a stalker?

How did you detach them?

I'd certainly like a few pointers. I've had one for over 4 years now and I feel like I need the parasite burned off.

Anybody got a blow torch?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

no bird
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Online stalker??

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a real life stalker, and I don't think you can stop them yourself. 4 years is a long time to go through that torment...sorry you're dealing with that .
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, but sometimes i wish i did. I haven't had a stalker since i was in highschool. Probably the whole thing about my life going nowhere and my personality doesn't appeal to anyone has something to do with it.

The way you speak of this "parasite" that needs to be burnt off, i could only imagine you might be partly at fault here for not making it known that you want nothing to do with this individual. Of course i may be wrong about that, but some people have the tendency to be nice all of the time. In a stalkers mind that's probably an invitation of sorts. I would make it quite clear that the person is not wanted, as harsh as it may be. If a person is never confronted with a person who sees the flaws or creepiness of their ways and is willing to speak out on it, they will never realize it themselves and continue down their destructive path.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    No, but sometimes i wish i did. I haven't had a stalker since i was in highschool. Probably the whole thing about my life going nowhere and my personality doesn't appeal to anyone has something to do with it.

The way you speak of this "parasite" that needs to be burnt off, i could only imagine you might be partly at fault here for not making it known that you want nothing to do with this individual. Of course i may be wrong about that, but some people have the tendency to be nice all of the time. In a stalkers mind that's probably an invitation of sorts. I would make it quite clear that the person is not wanted, as harsh as it may be. If a person is never confronted with a person who sees the flaws or creepiness of their ways and is willing to speak out on it, they will never realize it themselves and continue down their destructive path.
    Online.

And yes, you're wrong.

I confront her every 6 months when she attacks. Called the cops twice. Have her picture on file at my work and in two cities in case she comes around. Yelled, begged, ignored, tried to reason with her, forgave her, apologized to her, confronted her, got others to confront her, wrote asking her why, wrote asking her to leave, got my friends to tell her to go away. Yet, she still follows me around cyberspace, showing up to see what I'm doing and to trash me every chance she gets. I have to believe it's because she told me something once and I must be the only person alive who knows it. Or it might just be plain jealousy. Or bitterness. I'm actually not sure. Maybe she needed somebody to hate and picked me.

I just want her gone.

She knows I can't stand her and have told her point blank.

So no, I'm not taking blame for this. I don't go looking for her. She just follows me. I'm not taking the blame for this individual at all. How many times and how many ways can one say go away???

Besides, without knowing the facts, I can't see how somebody would even tell me I'm to blame.

Facts, people. Please don't judge without facts.

I do appreciate that you said "you imagine" rather than just pointed the finger at me.

Now you have the facts.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sparrow View Post
    I had a real life stalker, and I don't think you can stop them yourself. 4 years is a long time to go through that torment...sorry you're dealing with that .
    At least she has always been in another state. That must have been scary to have one that lived close to you. I think my stalker is all talk. I would hate to know one who actually was living around you. Very creepy. It's creepy enough that they seem obsessed, but to have one who you could see face to face must be really creepy. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote est View Post
    Online stalker??
    Yep. Looks for me all over cyberspace it seems.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Yep. Looks for me all over cyberspace it seems.
    And she will be zapped if she ever shows her face here!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So no, I'm not taking blame for this. I don't go looking for her. She just follows me. I'm not taking the blame for this individual at all. How many times and how many ways can one say go away???
    Yep, often stalkers have no concept of boundaries.

It can be anything that attracts them, too - not just being too nice.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Seagull View Post
    And she will be zapped if she ever shows her face here!
    THAT is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.

GoatHorned, I'm sorry for sounding pretty abrupt here. This woman is a sore spot for me. I didn't need to get snippy with you. I'm sorry.

I actually did a full apology to her for whatever it was I did to her years ago and she apologized back. But then she wouldn't let it go because I didn't do some big public forgiveness thing. She would think that whatever I wrote on forums or on my blog was about her when it wasn't at all. She somehow decided that I talked about her 24/7 when she didn't even enter my mind.

I just wanted her gone. I thought she was but it seems like about every 6 months she's here in my life again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And I would like to be able to post things online without her watching, reading, lurking, and needing to join sites where I am.

I want to be free of her. I keep hoping that each time she shows up in my life, that this time will be the last. I want it to be the last. I want her to let it go.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sparrow View Post
    How did you get rid of your stalker (if it's ok to talk about it here).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THAT is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.
    I'm keeping watch from the nearest telephone pole!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Seagull View Post
    I'm keeping watch from the nearest telephone pole!
    Somehow I believe that. You guys are awesome! I thought about changing my username, but I really don't want to succumb to bullies. Why should I change my life for somebody else's crazy?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why should I change my life for somebody else's crazy?
    Exactly. Don't let her win!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.