HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

What are your beliefs?

No right.
    No wrong.
    No debate.

Not to convert or divert.

Just what is it that you believe about the cosmos?
    Why are we here?
    Do you have a higher power and if so what relationship do you have with him/her/it?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I believe that there is a God who loves me.
    One who came to earth to walk among us in the form of Jesus.
    I believe God sacrificed his son to save us.
    I believe there is some big picture out there............like something bigger than the universe and that we are only small players in that.
    I believe we did evolve from someone or something but not sure what.
    I believe that my higher power (God) is with me always and will never leave me.
    I believe that I am a child of God and I'm not sure if that means God as one entity of God as an entire universe.
    I believe in miracles.
    I believe God sends guardian angels to watch over us.
    I believe we are not the only beings in the universe.
    I believe that somehow we are all connected to the rest of the universe.
    I believe each one of us has a purpose in life.
    I believe in heaven but not hell. I think of hell as an absence of heaven only.
    I believe I have heard God speak to me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I believe that there is a God who loves me.
    One who came to earth to walk among us in the form of Jesus.
    I believe God sacrificed his son to save us.
    I believe there is some big picture out there............like something bigger than the universe and that we are only small players in that.
    I believe we did evolve from someone or something but not sure what.
    I believe that my higher power (God) is with me always and will never leave me.
    I believe that I am a child of God and I'm not sure if that means God as one entity of God as an entire universe.
    I believe in miracles.
    I believe God sends guardian angels to watch over us.
    I believe we are not the only beings in the universe.
    I believe that somehow we are all connected to the rest of the universe.
    I believe each one of us has a purpose in life.
    I believe in heaven but not hell. I think of hell as an absence of heaven only.
    I believe I have heard God speak to me.
    I agree! I like this post.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's really interesting to see what others believe. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is what I believe.

I believe that there is an afterlife, but only in special circumstances. I don't believe there is a hell, but I do believe there is a heaven. The people that are really good on earth, and who treat people well and do good things, go to heaven. Everyone else gets stuck in a circle after death, and are judged. If they aren't judged as good enough to go to heaven, and join in the afterlife, they are reincarnated, either as human beings or animals.

I don't believe that Jesus was the son of God, but I do believe that Jesus was a real person. I do believe there is a God, but I don't believe he hates people and damns them to hell.

That is what I believe. Take it or leave it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deism sums up my beliefs pretty well..

"Deism is the belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of a creator, accompanied with the rejection of revelation and authority as a source of religious knowledge. Deism became more prominent in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment—especially in Britain, France, Germany and America—among intellectuals raised as Christians who believed in one god, but found fault with organized religion and could not believe in supernatural events such as miracles, the inerrancy of scriptures, or the Trinity.
    Deism is derived from deus, the Latin word for god. The earliest known usage in print of the English term deist is 1621, and deism is first found in a 1675 dictionary. Deistic ideas influenced several leaders of the American and French Revolutions. Two main forms of deism currently exist: classical deism and modern deism.

Deism is a theological position concerning the relationship between "the Creator" and the natural world. Deistic viewpoints emerged during the scientific revolution of 17th century Europe and came to exert a powerful influence during the eighteenth century enlightenment. Deism stood between the narrow dogmatism of the period and skepticism. Though deists rejected atheism, they often were called "atheists" by more traditional theists. There were a number of different forms in the 17th and 18th century. In England, deism included a range of people from anti-Christian to un-Christian theists.
    Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature that he configured when he created all things. God is thus conceived to be wholly transcendent and never immanent. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) – phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism. See the section Features of deism, following. Deism does not ascribe any specific qualities to a deity beyond non-intervention. Deism is related to naturalism because it credits the formation of life and the universe to a higher power, using only natural processes. Deism may also include a spiritual element, involving experiences of God and nature." -wikipedia

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've more or less been a lifelong Agnostic despite being raised in a Christian home. I guess I do sort of believe in some sort of a spiritual energy but Christianity and such were never quite the right fit for me. Given how infinite the universe is I am open to infinite possibility. I don't think that anybody is inherently right or wrong, I feel that whatever a person believes in is their interpretation of the mass energy around us and so long as it helps them to do good and be peaceful and just in the world then it's a good thing. But If it goes the other way as in some extremist sects of certain religions then I would be against that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thank you all for sharing. I think it's really fascinating to see what people think of the universe and our existence. I also think it's great that we do all have various and diverse beliefs. It's a great way to learn so much more about others and the world around us. Thanks for posting.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a polytheist due to experiences that I have had, and emotional beliefs that I hold. But rationally, I relate to Deism. My emotional mind differs from my reasoning mind when it comes to spiritual beliefs.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spiritually: Buddhism and I worship what I shall call the Earth Mother though I refuse to call such a thing a 'god.' Religiously: Existential Nihilism

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deleted

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is very cool to hear everyone's beliefs. Thanks for posting.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no idea what I am, at least spiritually. I don't consider myself a hardline atheist, but I'm not sure how well I fit the label of agnostic. Technically, I'm baptized as a Lutheran. But my family almost never went to church. I'd like to believe in some sort of God or greater spirit out there, but I just don't. I love that for many people, religion provides such a sense of community. It was for that reason that I tried attending the small Lutheran church at my college. The people were very welcoming and I enjoyed the gatherings, but at the same time, I felt like a huge fraud because I just didn't believe in so much of what was being taught and I don't really know why...

I definitely respect the religious beliefs of others though, maybe in part because I wish I had what they have -- something to believe in.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was just writing in someone's blog that I think it's great that all these various beliefs are safely posted here. That takes courage to post what you believe. On the other forum, whenever a belief was posted, someone would fight it as though the poster said "you must believe this." It has not happened in this thread which is wonderful, in my opinion.

So I hope many others will share their beliefs. What spiritual thought, practice gives you hope, belonging, purpose, companionship, and the inspiration to move forward?

Thank you all who have had the courage to post your beliefs. It's definitely a celebration of diversity here.

Dan's Avatar DENTAL PLAN
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think life in general was an inevitability given the vastness of the cosmos, and I place no significance or purpose on it beyond that. I feel as though the very nature of the need for a purpose is an amusing reflection of the egocentrism of humanity. I am open to the possibility of there being a creator, however, if one existed, I am certain that it would not even vaguely resemble any existing deities. I tend to identify as a deist, an atheist, or an antitheist, depending on the circumstances.

Regardless of my attitudes to theism and spirituality in general, I appreciate the nature in which you approached this subject.
    "I think like a genius, I write like a distinguished author, and I speak like a child."

- Vladimir Nabokov.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.