Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have this problem?

I haven't been officially dis diagnosed with bipolar disorder yet, but when I have my "manic" episodes it almost feels like I'm having a panic attack at times and it's so scary. I'm not looking for a diagnosis lol I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not me, but I found this.

http://www.depressionforums.org/foru...s-manic-phase/

According to this its not the same as a panic attack. If we use this as a reference , the difference is that:

-it doesn't stop for hours and hours
    -Not caused by anything.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I have bipolar II, so I never get fully manic, just hypomanic. I prefer to look at BP as a change between high energy and low energy rather than happy and sad. Manias/hypomanias can manifest themselves as panic attacks, and I've been told by a pdoc that a change in mood can cause panic.

I've had this problem too when I get hypomanic. But then I also get panic attacks that are never caused by anything even when I'm not hypomanic. I know what you mean by it feeling horrible though, mania/hypomania just doesn't always feel good.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seem to experience a lot of symptoms of what would be considered a mixed state, I agree with whats said above, it's not happy nor euphoric at all, but rather just activating and agitating. Most antidepressants pushed me towards this state.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Equinox View Post
    I seem to experience a lot of symptoms of what would be considered a mixed state, I agree with whats said above, it's not happy nor euphoric at all, but rather just activating and agitating. Most antidepressants pushed me towards this state.
    Thats what I believe is happening with me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was diagnosed with a mild form of manic depressive disorder years ago because I would swing from high energy, no sleep, constant movement, panic attacks, racing thoughts, thinking I was going to accomplish all.................then would weeks later slump into deep depression, crying, suicidal thoughts, no energy, thoughts of being a failure. I'm not sure if I was diagnosed correctly at that time due to having DID which can mimic other disorders.

But yes, when I was in a manic state, I tended to have panic attacks all the time because my nerves were on high alert. I think in my case though, when I would be on top of the world (one alter) that would panic another another which would trigger the attack.

But I hear you..............it's not fun, huh?

Cindy
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lately, I've been having manic attacks that feel like really bad panic attacks. I know exactly what this feels like, and it isn't good.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.