Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Some of the Spring Breakers caught out on the beach caught the virus!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    I read that the virus can survive airborne without a host for up to 3 hours
    If that was the case it would always be in the air. Because so many people have it. Thus thousands more would have it at a much quicker rate. In the air is much worse. Whatever chance we have of it been passed person to person would be gone with it in the air.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    By 7:30a Costco had sold out of toilet paper. They opened at 7am and were good about maintaining an orderly line and not allowing the warehouse to became a clusterf*ck. By 8am, the line all but disappeared. I guess everyone lined up super early just to get their hands on toilet paper. But there were still plenty of eggs left. My local supermarket were out of them. And then of course store right next to Costco had plenty of toilet paper in stock, a cheaper variety, but anything is better than nothing. And incredibly, they had a bunch of Wet Ones. No one seemed interested in those. All the stuff I got out of panic was probably unnecessary and I'm done. At some point in the news, I'll expect stories of how people got the virus while going grocery shopping.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Movement of people has to be stopped. In Italy it got as bad as it did because of one football match. At that time they had no idea it was in the country. 40,000 fans made a trip to Milan from another part of Italy. That was the start of it in Italy. But look at towns in Italy. Narrow streets. You might have 4 generations of family all living together. Is a small country with a big population. Over 60 million people. Here in Ireland they are telling us we are way ahead of Italy in numbers of infected people after 22 days. The only hope I hang onto is that out streets are not narrow. We are not as populated. So many people crammed into these small areas. But people have to learn about movement. Hanging around in large numbers. Even last night we had a crowd gathered in a park. All teens. This is what happens when you let them off of school. Reestricted movement is key to all of this. People have to quickly learn this. They are only making things much worse.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So as soon as the lockdown was announced in the North of Italy, you suddenly had a mass-exodus of people trying to flee from the north and travel South. Students trying to go back home, second-homers going to there holiday homes. Dragged it down from the North to South. Been happening everywhere. Norway has had to tell people they can't go to there huts. We've had to tell people they can't go to there caravans. This is how it spreads.

Same story here. People were treating the school closures and the time furoughed off work as a holiday. So now we've been lockeddown. Sort of. Nowhere near as strict as some other parts of Europe. (Greek guy was telling me the other day that he had to text a number to get permission to go grocery shopping.) Doesn't seem to be as enforced at the moment, but might well be if people don't behave this time. Sad that if you want people to behave when there's a virus about you have to legally stop them from going out unless they need to go grocery shopping.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    More movement the more it will spread. This we have seen in the two major countries where it all began. Though in Italy the whole setup of the narrow streets in the North of Italy and elsewhere did not help the situation at all. The neighbour facing you is about only a few feet away on the other side of these tiny streets. As you can imagine these streets would be packed. I am sure you may have seen the film ' The Italian job '. Were the use mini cooper cars in the streets of Italy after a robbery. The streets are that narrow. As a rule no cars can drive on them. Roads for cars more or less go around the outside of the cities. Nearly all people on foot. first case in Italy was the start of the year. But they didn't know what it was. Life went on as normal. China is getting the blame off of everybody. You have doctors from Italy now saying they think the first cases were in Italy. Take an overcrowded country and an old population and this is the end result for Italy. By the time they knew what was actually happening it had already spread. Due to movement. And highly populated areas. That is why the cities are built like they are. Had to come up with a plan to fit over 60 million people into a small enough country. Houses are more like appartments. They go upwards. No gardens. Easy way to build a lot of these types of homes. The whole social distance thing would be very hard to do in these cities.

I think Boris and Trump didn't want to believe what was happening. You have housing estates much like we do over here. If you want to you can keep some distance between people. But a lot people are the problem. Not wanting to sit in. Meet up with the mates. Every speech is aimed at them. But do these people actually watch the news? I don't think so. Though they are going around robbing mouth masks and coughing on people on purpose. We have had a number of arrests of people doing this. Seems to be their little game. Come down hard on them. Only way to deal with them. I say tag them all. Like they do to some criminals. That way they will know the police are keeping tabs on them. Can't watch them all the time. If you tag them at least it might put seconds thoughts in their heads.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    To show they don't really know what they are telling us. Now wearing gloves is a bad thing. As it spreads the germs. Wearing a mouth mask won't stop you getting infected, but it will stop you infeting others. You just wish they would tell us something true and stick to it. Not change it a few days or weeks later. Have seen many people wearing the mouth coverings. These would be high risk people. If it is not going to actually help them, why bother? Latest here in Ireland is that it got into a nursing home and killed 5 people in one day. Last place you need it getting into. I know a hospital had a few cases too. Not people brought in with it. It got into another ward that normal sick people in it and a few of them died. Again one of last places we need it getting near. 10 deaths overnight. 5 of these were classed as batch deaths. Nursing home. From what we know a staff member had it. No visitors allowed in such places. Then a member of staff brings it in. I am sure we will see more of this over the coming weeks.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    To show they don't really know what they are telling us. Now wearing gloves is a bad thing. As it spreads the germs. Wearing a mouth mask won't stop you getting infected, but it will stop you infeting others. You just wish they would tell us something true and stick to it. Not change it a few days or weeks later. Have seen many people wearing the mouth coverings. These would be high risk people. If it is not going to actually help them, why bother? Latest here in Ireland is that it got into a nursing home and killed 5 people in one day. Last place you need it getting into. I know a hospital had a few cases too. Not people brought in with it. It got into another ward that normal sick people in it and a few of them died. Again one of last places we need it getting near. 10 deaths overnight. 5 of these were classed as batch deaths. Nursing home. From what we know a staff member had it. No visitors allowed in such places. Then a member of staff brings it in. I am sure we will see more of this over the coming weeks.
    Bad. Only just beginning imo. Wait for the incubation period of recently infected to be over....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    British PM has it now. As has others close to him. The man who said it was nothing bad. Went to visit virus patients and starting shaking all their hands. Guess he knows it is real now. Long way to go yet. Count every new batch of cases and consider they would have at least infected 2 other people each. That makes for a lot more cases still to come.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    After hearing more about the British PM. He has the new ' IN ' thing. Mild symptoms of corona. I say ' in thing ' because a few other well known public figures have all had mild symptoms too. Seems only us common people get the full blown virus. The rest get the much milder version.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    British PM has it now. As has others close to him. The man who said it was nothing bad. Went to visit virus patients and starting shaking all their hands. Guess he knows it is real now. Long way to go yet. Count every new batch of cases and consider they would have at least infected 2 other people each. That makes for a lot more cases still to come.
    Hate the useless idiot.

Hope he gets well soon.

(He didn't shake there hands, he just said he did. There was no covid patients in that hospital. Just another case of Boris not being particularly truthful. Again.)

After hearing more about the British PM. He has the new ' IN ' thing. Mild symptoms of corona. I say ' in thing ' because a few other well known public figures have all had mild symptoms too. Seems only us common people get the full blown virus. The rest get the much milder version.
    Majority of people get mild symptoms I think, but we're not actually testing mild symptoms.

Unless of course, you happen to be a Prime Minister. Or say, a Royal who thinks the quarantine and laws saying you can't fly from London to your second home in Scotland doesn't actually apply to you. But if you're a key-worker, say, a doctor or nurse working on the frontlines in a hospital? Nope. Nada. Don't get a test if you start showing symptoms.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There you go. Just lies. Only heard him say it. Never saw anything. Leader of Sinn Fein is also in self isolation. Rest of us have to be on death's door in order to get tested. Is causing a lot of confusion. As when to ring your doctor. How long do you wait for. Over here the doctor only gives you a code. You bring that to one of the places testing people. I still think people are confused in many ways. The might ring and be told to see how they are over the coming week. In their minds they are in bits. Worse than they ever felt in the life. Still told to hang on another week. This is putting others off ringing. Then we have the mixed messages about face masks and gloves. Good for you, everybody should wear them. Bad for you, they don't do a thing. Now the whole funeral thing is coming into question here. In Down, up North, no funerals allowed. That is only 1 county. But they think more will follow. In Italy they cremated the bodies straight away. No hanging around. I would assume the body would still be infected after death. At least for so long. The whole church thing? Is anybody really going to want to go to a funeral? A few other churches have agreed on 50 people only. Is still a risk. I do know a man who has about 6 weeks to live. Cancer from what I know. So if he is the first funeral in this area we will find out then. Might simply say ' family only '. We have been here before in Ireland with our famine. All people wanted was a catholic burial. All they got were road side graves. Ditches with hundreds of bodied dumped into them. Was a call again to at least let them have a catholic burial this time around. This after seen how things were done in Italy. We shall wait and see how things play out when the death count continues to rise.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's "we're not testing unless you're in hospital" for us regular people here as well. We don't even have enough PPE (protective gear) here for nurses/doctors. They're putting themselves at unnessecary risk, and doing have the protective gear to do so. Loads of medical staff going to get sick with this.

Bit of a controversy here regarding getting hold of those. We could have joined a scheme alongside a certain group of countries in order to bulk-buy more ventilators, PPE and tests at a lower cost, and likely would have gotten them faster through that scheme. Unfortunatley, the name of that scheme begins with an E, so that's out of the question entirely. Can't do that. Ideology over breathing, apparently. (Even the Swiss joined in with that scheme.)

Italy sounds terrifying, and I'm worried we're on the same path. It's already been made a lot worse than it could have been by following some insane policy called "Herd-immunity". (Essentially, a lot of us get infected and we all become immune as a result of that.) They eventually realized that that plan would get a lot of people killed.

Amusingly, the guy who came up with this stupid policy was caught on camera sprinting away from government today. I'm guessing he wasn't intending to be infected himself when trying to get herd immunity? Just us normal people.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We have the same shortage of a lot of things. Using other medical devices as ventilators. Or even 2 people to 1 ventilator. Can be done and is been done in a lot of cases. Not enough in the country as who really expected this at the start of the year? Maybe could have gotten ready earlier when we saw China and then Italy.

I did mention the layout of a lot of Italian cities. They are all narrow streets. Buildings go upwards. Were we have more width to our homes. We have gardens and all of that. Try and imagine a few million people in one of these cities and nobody knew the virus was there. Lot of people live there. Lot of old people too. Problem there is the older people still live with the younger family. That was how they all caught it.

Infecting us all is a bad idea. Backwards science. Though flu jabs every year do have traces of the type of flu they are protecting you from. But that would be mixed with something else. Is finding that works that is the main thing. I am sure there is a race against time. As this will just continue on. There is nothing there to stop it.

I guess we can live in hope more than anything else. Though we are expecting a lot more to die too. We see this as the early stages. Should peak in about 2 weeks from now. By then who knows.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Lot of people seem to think this will be all over next month, or by Easter, or in a few weeks. It won't, Italy is no better after a few weeks of lockdown, China has only just been able to "flatten its curve" with it's very extreme measures. Certain countries thinking that they're different and it won't hit them so hard are going to be disappointed. I think we're in for a long haul. Months, minimum. I hope I'm wrong. Likely will not see a vaccine for another year.

Herd Immunity is a very stupid idea. It's what happens through vaccinations, but nobodies managed to get "herd immunity" by deliberately attempting to infect a large portion of the population with a disease that kills a lot of people. Especially one we know little about. Who's the say this doesnt mutate? Its pseudoscience. And its predicted to kill half a million more Britons than would have done had we acted earlier. We've not seen the worst of it here.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.