Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Real World thread

I can't believe that show is 28 years old. I watched the first season recently and it was interesting. I remember thinking one of the guys on the show, Eric I think, was built and I hoped to look like him someday. Anyways 28 years later and he doesn't look that big anymore I think I'm bigger than he was and I thought he was huge-lol.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's funny how people can't get along. I always thought it was the show, but after having roomates, I recognize it's not the show, it's just people in general. They could film any house where seven people are living together and there would be the same amount of arguing as the show. My favorite seasons are the seasons where people got along, like Las Vegas and San Diego.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember watching the first season when it first came out on mtv. Now that I think about it, I remember watching mtv the first year they were on the air...all they played were music videos, that was it.

F*ck this makes me feel really, really old.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I can't believe that show is 28 years old. I watched the first season recently and it was interesting. I remember thinking one of the guys on the show, Eric I think, was built and I hoped to look like him someday. Anyways 28 years later and he doesn't look that big anymore I think I'm bigger than he was and I thought he was huge-lol.
    Actually, The Real World is only 21 years old. The show debuted in late spring 1992 - they just played those early shows on MTv recently. I was just about to go into my senior year of high school that fall. That was the summer of Hurricane Andrew....the Katrina before Katrina.

There have been 28 seasons of the show, but only 21 years.

Quote James View Post
    I remember watching the first season when it first came out on mtv. Now that I think about it, I remember watching mtv the first year they were on the air...all they played were music videos, that was it.

F*ck this makes me feel really, really old.
    My first exposure to MTv was spending the night at a friend;s house - Madonna's "Dress You Up" kept playing over and over while I was there . Early 1985. Lady Gaga can't hold a candle to Madonna.
    I didn't have cable until January, 1989. I would watch Solid Gold, though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to watch it in high school. That would have been from 1998-2001, I can't believe it's already 2013.

I thought there were some good episodes, but most of it just didn't appeal to me. Sadly, it killed Music Videos. MTV no longer stands for Music Television.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand why MTV doesn't play music videos? It seems like videos would be cheap, and a lot of people like them?
    I don't get a signature.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.