Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go to the library

If you want to lessen your fear of people, go to the library. That way, you'll be able to go to a place full of people and be exposed to them. And you don't even need to socialize with them, you're just there to do read or play computer if you choose too any of those things. Of course, it won't get rid of your anxiety but the more you're expose to people, you'll fear them less.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I go to the library almost everyday in college for hours on end. I guess it could help
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to leave the house more, but I'm so comfortable at home that it feels like there aren't many places I want to go--when I could just stay at home reading. However, I'm going to try to visit a library this week.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Loner View Post
    I need to leave the house more, but I'm so comfortable at home that it feels like there aren't many places I want to go--when I could just stay at home reading. However, I'm going to try to visit a library this week.
    Be sure to report back
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think that's a great idea. I'm a Youth/Teen Librarian now and I've seen teens make friends there, there's always someone with a kind word, and us librarians will definitely give you a smile and hello if you need one. But make sure you smile at the nice ones. There are definitely grumpy librarians out there. I'm one of the nice ones.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I lessened my fear of people by going to music concerts, but going to the library could definitely help.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a good idea. Libraries are usually lively, but not overwhelmingly so. And they're quiet. Loud noise always spikes my anxiety - one reason I can't stand food courts.

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote rapidfox1 View Post
    If you want to lessen your fear of people, go to the library. That way, you'll be able to go to a place full of people and be exposed to them. And you don't even need to socialize with them, you're just there to do read or play computer if you choose too any of those things. Of course, it won't get rid of your anxiety but the more you're expose to people, you'll fear them less.
    great tip.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.