Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soda (Coke, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew)

Don't try to convince me to quit drinking these...

But are there any negative health effects, if you drink them every now and then, as compared to every day?

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I would think the key is moderation.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They're just more sources of caffeine.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You said you drank them in moderation so I don't think it would be bad.

I used to drink Diet Mt Dew everyday. Lots. Before that, it was Diet coke. It was these soft drinks that started me gaining weight. I drank them to self medicate my ADHD. Since I started back up with my ADHD medicine, I'm down to drinking only a few sips each day. When I drank sodas I was in a constant state of dehydration because I rarely drank water. They could never find a vein when I needed to give blood due to being so dehydrated. Also, I worried about my teeth wearing down from the acid. Now that I'm drinking lots more water, I'm losing the lbs I gained and I physically feel better. I still drink the water from bottles (bottled water) because I'm oral fixated but I physically feel better.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the key is moderation.

I need to cut down my coffee intake as well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I drink Coke every now and then, and I dont drink much caffeine otherwise. Yes I agree that moderation is key

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Yeah, the key is moderation.

I need to cut down my coffee intake as well.
    Dude, same here. I probably drink 10 cups of coffee per night, and at least ~40oz of soda. I absolutely hate drinking water. I consume plenty of it but it doesn't quench my thirst and never has. Chronic allergies and hypoglycemia have something to do with my drinkage.... Soda cuts right through sinus drainage and stops my coughs as well as bumping my sugar back to the normal range, and coffee helps me concentrate. So the stuff may not be good for me, but it helps me function. I just have to keep a toothbrush handy.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If its every once and awhile you should be fine. I had to quit drinking soda all together though cause it was just getting rediculous lol. I was having mountain dew every night before I went to bed so that was that with soda all together. Im a sugar junkie so moderating soda use is almost impossible for me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cut out all drinks apart from water and alcoholic drinks. But the Alcohol is being cut out next year. So I will be down to water. not a bad thing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the past month or so, I've nearly stopped drinking soda. Dr. Pepper didn't last long around here! I think I developed an addiction because I would get headaches if I didn't drink soda. After a glass, the headache would slowly go away. Since stopping the drinks, there aren't really any noticeable withdraw symptoms...but I feel better knowing that I'm not putting my body through that anymore. For years, I used my body to turn Dr.Pepper into yellow water, but I'm done with it(other than once a month or so) and am looking forward to the changes(if there are any).
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see soda as a bad thing, but I definitely see how it can be a negative effect.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't see soda as a bad thing, but I definitely see how it can be a negative effect.
    I started back up on my ADD meds (Strattera) and in one month I finally kicked sodas all together. That was an amazing feat for me because I was drinking almost 6 diet mt dews a day. I dropped 16 lbs this month with no soda. I always thought I was ok with diet drinks, but then a dr told me that the special sweetener made me crave carbohydrates. I was using the soda as a self medicator to help me focus and not drive everybody crazy with my constant talking - it calmed me down. So when I went back on my medicine, I not only didn't crave soda, but now it tastes funny. On the first day of taking it I could only stomach about a half a soda. Then it just got less and less where I only took one or two sips during the day. I've gone a week without it now and drink a lot more water. That's probably helped with the weight loss also.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

FracturedMoonlight's Avatar Much Like Suffocating
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cut out soda long ago, but I remember Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper being my favourites. I think I'll have a soda once a year, but very rarely. I remember my mom took me to this hot dog place (Not a fan lol), and all they offered was soda or beer, so I got a Cherry Coke. It was good. Normally I don't have a taste for it, which is for the best I think, the only way I'm able to keep away from it. Moderation is best, shouldn't have to completely cut out the things you enjoy in life ^^
    "Fractured moonlight on the sea, reflections still look the same to me" ~Florence & The Machine 'Never Let Me Go'

1 John 4:7
    "Beloved, let us love one another,
    for love is from God, and whoever loves
    has been born of God and knows God."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am highly addicted to Diet Dr pepper. I know its a horrible, bubbly chemical drink that I should not be consuming. Ohhhh but it's so damn good.... ;D
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah my science teacher said it's like drinking DrainO lol which I believe plus it ruins your teeth. We aren't really meant to be drinking that stuff b/c our bodies can't process it properly. Also there's belief that the diet sodas, and splenda cause Cancer. We had a assembly on that a few days ago. In moderation you should be fine but I understand and share your love for sodas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.