View Poll Results: Which medications have been most successful in treating your anxiety disorder?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was successful

11 29.73%
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was not successful

8 21.62%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was successful

1 2.70%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was not successful

6 16.22%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was successful

20 54.05%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was successful

5 13.51%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was successful

3 8.11%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was not successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was not successful

3 8.11%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was successful

1 2.70%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was not successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was not successful

5 13.51%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was successful

0 0%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was not successful

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zoloft

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    antidepressants never eased my anxiety.
    only benzos did, especially lorazepam. took it more than a year, every day. getting off it was HELL - so can't really recommend it (for regular use, at least.. but oh well everyone knows that, right?)
    i still have to find something that works for me, too :/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    none of them :/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Effexor and Valium, but not on them anymore.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    none of them :/
    Have you tried other meds?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    Have you tried other meds?
    I tried so many, I'm thinking about giving up and trying vitamins more but doctors say vitamins are not stronger.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I tried so many, I'm thinking about giving up and trying vitamins more but doctors say vitamins are not stronger.
    I'm sorry to hear that nothing is working for you yet

What vitamins are you taking?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Prozac and Buspar isn't really helping me with my anxiety--I still feel out of control on how other's see me, but it's okay. Prozac's really good for losing weight, I heard.
    Even beyond this mortal life, I will never forsake, nor forget.
    Those who suffer the most shine the most light unto a darkened world.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have been taking Xanax for about 15 years. Paxil worked but I got ulcers in my mouth, had to stop it. Allergic to Zoloft, but it did help. Best thing I ever took was Amitriptyline. It helped with pain, anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Was on it for about 3 years, and had to stop due to severe fluid retention.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I take 800mg of Sodium Valproate/Depakote at night. Surprisingly, that seems to help a lot.

I've never tried benzos and never been offered (they never really hand them out over here, doctors worry a lot about dependance). Even if they were, I probably wouldn't take them. And due to the fact that I have bipolar, I can't really tolerate SSRI's.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that nothing is working for you yet

What vitamins are you taking?
    Ok wait nevermind, I did take trilifon and it did help but it did give me low energy :/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote UndercoverAngel View Post
    Have been taking Xanax for about 15 years. Paxil worked but I got ulcers in my mouth, had to stop it. Allergic to Zoloft, but it did help. Best thing I ever took was Amitriptyline. It helped with pain, anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Was on it for about 3 years, and had to stop due to severe fluid retention.
    I remember taking xanax and nothing really bad happen to me but I keep hearing how it makes things worse, even one of my doctors don't recommend it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I remember taking xanax and nothing really bad happen to me but I keep hearing how it makes things worse, even one of my doctors don't recommend it.
    Any medicine you take, psychotropic, or medical, has side effects. Even vitamins have side effects. Xanax, is a PRN, taken as needed. One of the problems is, people who are given this drug, find it does help, but it doesn't stay in your system very long, so they take more. They show up at the doctors office or call because their bottle is empty 2weeks early. The doctor for many people, then started prescribing this as an everyday pill, multiple times a day, and this is not what it was intended for. Xanax can cause rebound anxiety, so the person, will take more, or feel like they need more. Eventually, the doctor stops prescribing the pill, thinking that the person is abusing the medicine, leaves the person high and dry, when in fact the medicine shouldn't of been prescribed in the first place.
    This is when you need to be on something different, that is longer acting, and builds a level in your system.

Any pill that you take, especially long term, your body becomes dependent on. This is why you cannot just stop taking any of them! Taking the Xanax, the way it is suppose to be taken, has not caused me any problems.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote UndercoverAngel View Post
    Any medicine you take, psychotropic, or medical, has side effects. Even vitamins have side effects. Xanax, is a PRN, taken as needed. One of the problems is, people who are given this drug, find it does help, but it doesn't stay in your system very long, so they take more. They show up at the doctors office or call because their bottle is empty 2weeks early. The doctor for many people, then started prescribing this as an everyday pill, multiple times a day, and this is not what it was intended for. Xanax can cause rebound anxiety, so the person, will take more, or feel like they need more. Eventually, the doctor stops prescribing the pill, thinking that the person is abusing the medicine, leaves the person high and dry, when in fact the medicine shouldn't of been prescribed in the first place.
    This is when you need to be on something different, that is longer acting, and builds a level in your system.

Any pill that you take, especially long term, your body becomes dependent on. This is why you cannot just stop taking any of them! Taking the Xanax, the way it is suppose to be taken, has not caused me any problems.
    Xanax is addictive, with withdrawal supposedly supposedly similar to that of heroin. Some people who take it may find that they need to take more to get the same effect. You're right, it's meant to be PRN.

It's next to impossible to get Xanax for anxiety over here. Getting Xanax on a repeat prescription is even more so. Doctors are very, very reluctant to hand the stuff out (or anything addictive).

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    FWIW....I used to take bars. Bars of Xanax. I had a prescription for it, but then I started buying it off the street also.

Back in my drug days, in my late teens and early twenties, I also, btw, had a pretty bad coke habit. I also have done a little bit of meth. A lot of acid. A whole, whole lot of cocaine, in every form...I've shot coke into my veins before, many, many times. Nothing was as bad to me as coming off of Xanax. Nothing.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.