Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They say you're supposed to know how to take a hint.

But I think I'm thinking about it too much these days.

If some girl doesn't call me back or text me back, people usually say she's not interested. So there are a lot of girls I never texted or called again out of many in my phone book. Because of that, I haven't talked to them in several years and I feel like we don't know each other at all. It's almost as if we've never met.

But there's one who went to high school with me and we recently got to catch up very briefly several months ago. She moved 4 hours away for a job, and when I tried asking her how her new place was, she didn't write back. She's never made any efforts to keep in touch with me, and I don't know if I'm supposed to think that she doesn't want to talk anymore . I am fairly certain that anything else I say to her in a text will just get ignored. I think she might be one of those girls who gets multiple texts from friends and she decides only to read the most important ones. I'm assuming that I'm not important enough, so she never sees what I have to say .

If I happen to move to the area where she is living after I get a job, I don't think it would make much of a difference, because we could live in the same area for years without seeing each other or talking to each other. Would she be disappointed if I didn't tell her that I moved there or that I had a chance (after being offered a potential job)? It might seem weird to her like I'm following her around (which would never be the case). You know how people just love to assume all kinds of stuff just by looking at what seems to be going on without talking to people or knowing the details. If we were really close friends, I could be completely honest with her and ask her what she thinks. But because we're not that close, it would be weird if I say a little too much to her. But as long as I can't say too much, there's always room for assumptions that she might make and get freaked out.

I'm going to be in the general area in about 6 months for a meeting. I'll be at a convention center, so chances of me seeing her in town is very unlikely. If I don't change my mind about this, I'm just gonna go to the meeting and not tell her at all. I don't think she'll care enough to hang out to catch up or anything.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I never get this hint thing. People tell me I'm supposed to know what a hint is, but half the time I'm just like "Huh?" Especially the whole ignoring thing...that just serves to pis me off. Epically. I mean, if youre gonna not talk to me, at least give me a bloody explanation why.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "one who went to high school with me and we recently got to catch up very briefly several months ago"

"If some girl doesn't call me back or text me back, people usually say she's not interested. So there are a lot of girls I never texted or called again out of many in my phone book. Because of that, I haven't talked to them in several years and I feel like we don't know each other at all. It's almost as if we've never met."

Thats the reason right there. Basically you think its friendship, she thinks you are acquaintances. You haven't really talked all that much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm almost afraid to try. I think I won't get the hint if they are disinterested.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote compulsive View Post
    "one who went to high school with me and we recently got to catch up very briefly several months ago"

"If some girl doesn't call me back or text me back, people usually say she's not interested. So there are a lot of girls I never texted or called again out of many in my phone book. Because of that, I haven't talked to them in several years and I feel like we don't know each other at all. It's almost as if we've never met."

Thats the reason right there. Basically you think its friendship, she thinks you are acquaintances. You haven't really talked all that much.
    Well, in that case, I don't have any friends.

Just a bunch of acquaintances.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You see, anybody who was ever a friend,and that I still consider a friend...is a friend. I don't play all those silly mind games about "acquaintances" and the like.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    You see, anybody who was ever a friend,and that I still consider a friend...is a friend. I don't play all those silly mind games about "acquaintances" and the like.
    Playing these games is such a waste of time. If you just make jokes all the time and want to laugh every time we talk, our friendship isn't serious.

I don't have time for people like that, unless I'm in the mood for it.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.