Thread: Hiya

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hiya

Hi,

I'm claire, been lurking around for a few days since joining and thought I'd say hi. I've always been shy and found social situations uncomfortable even as a child. I had agoraphobia in my late teens but managed to deal with that and thankfully only kept me housebound for a year. Still get anxious in social situations and have phone phobia which is hard in my job and I'm always stumbling over my words and then feel stupid. Have low days but threw my anti-d's away when prescribed years ago, didnt want to become dependant on them.

Think thats enough for now.

Take care x

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hi, Claire74!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome, Claire Good work on your progress! Just remember don't put yourself down when you stumble, instead praise yourself when you make progress, even if it's baby steps, as before you know it you would have walked a mile.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the welcome. Today wasnt a good day using the phone at work, got into a panic when a really persistant salesman who's been ringing everyweek, phoned again, first his manager phoned, politely said wasnt interested then he rang again, answering the phone after that went downhill. Oh well one bad day, not going to let that ruin the hard work I've put into it for the past 10 months.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Whuut? some guy keeps callin'? I'd tell him:
    "You can shove it up yer butt sideways, n' I hope you get papercuts!" But that's just me..

Anywho, Welcome to the forums! =]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome Claire!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote claire74 View Post
    thanks for the welcome. Today wasnt a good day using the phone at work, got into a panic when a really persistant salesman who's been ringing everyweek, phoned again, first his manager phoned, politely said wasnt interested then he rang again, answering the phone after that went downhill. Oh well one bad day, not going to let that ruin the hard work I've put into it for the past 10 months.
    I haatttttttte the phone, so I feel for you there!

And sales people, ugh!!!!!!! I find it's best to be polite yet abrupt with them - a "thank you, but I'm not interested." If you're in the US, you can ask to be removed from their call list - they are required by law to fill your request (although it can take a few days for that to go into effect.)

Glad you came out of Lurkdom to join us!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.