View Poll Results: Would you want to know when you were going to Die?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
  • Undecided

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you want to know when you were going to Die?

If offered the chance would you want to know when you were going to Die? The day, the minute , the Hour? How would having that answer change the life your living right now?
    This is not knowing how you are going to die. So you can't use the loophole of changing the circumstances before the actual time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I think it would be horrible knowing when, you'd always be counting down and waiting for that day to come.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I think it would be horrible knowing when, you'd always be counting down and waiting for that day to come.
    I agree. The other side to that issue is obvious. You could have a "bucket list" and try to fulfill everything you have wanted to do. I don't know. For myself like you, the stress, which all of us on this forum have more than plenty. It would be to much.

But, if I knew; I would hopefully be able to spend quality time with friends and family. I would not have to tell them or who would I tell? I could get things squared away. Especially since I am not elderly and it was a sudden death, including a will. Who would take care of the persons children etc.
    It sounds morbid but there really are two sides to it. Coming to terms with my own mortality, making amends, becoming even more spiritual. Looking at the whole world in a different way.

Still, in the end, I would rather not know. Of course, if someone had terminal cancer or some other chronic late stage disease. They would have a pretty good idea of when but I'm talking of generally healthy individuals without chronic illness, at least that they know of!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    This isn't really life, but...

There was a book I read a while back, in which the main character had the ability to see a persons "number", or there death date. She knew when her boyfriends was (which was in a week or so), and refused to tell him. A woman who was terminally ill with pancreatic cancer asked for her "number", saying that she knew she was going to die, but she wanted to be able to make preparations.

If I knew I was going to die...then maybe. It's true than any one of us could walk out the house and be hit down by a car, as morbid as that sounds. Or we may live to a hundred. A lot us presume that we're going to live to old age. In reality, we could be taken any day.

Would I want to know? No, I see the other site to it...but I still wouldn't want it hanging over me. I guess it's just more than I know how I'm going to react. Stress, as you say, and boy, I have enough of. Don't a lot of us.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nope.

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why not then I now when to cheat it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    Why not then I now when to cheat it.
    The poll is not knowing how you are going to die but when. In other words when the time came, you could be holed up in your room and die of a sudden aneurysm!

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote metamorphosis View Post
    The poll is not knowing how you are going to die but when. In other words when the time came, you could be holed up in your room and die of a sudden aneurysm!
    If I know when then I can figure out how.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would like to know when I'm going to die, I think it would give me a sense of reassurance.
    Filling the void.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "But, if I knew; I would hopefully be able to spend quality time with friends and family. I would not have to tell them or who would I tell? I could get things squared away. Especially since I am not elderly and it was a sudden death, including a will. Who would take care of the persons children etc.
    It sounds morbid but there really are two sides to it. Coming to terms with my own mortality, making amends, becoming even more spiritual. Looking at the whole world in a different way."

^Metamorphosis, why can't you do all those things now? I never say good-bye to anyone important in my life without saying I love you. That was never something I was comfortable saying until my son spent a year in Iraq and I didn't know if I'd see him again. After living through that year I decided to never let it go unsaid to anyone important in my life. If I leave this earth today my last words to them were 'I love you', that gives me a lot of peace.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If it was happening soon ish at least id be able to say [BEEP] you anxiety and leave it. Because hey im going to die soon anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote compulsive View Post
    If it was happening soon ish at least id be able to say [BEEP] you anxiety and leave it. Because hey im going to die soon anyway.
    True, the situation would be empowering in it's own way, but very sad at the same time!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    If I know when then I can figure out how.
    Could you?

Try and avoid being hit down by a car-stay in the house.
    Hire armed guards to protect you day
    Have a full medical check the day before and it comes back clean
    Check everything you eat for poison

...when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, someone drops a nuclear bomb somewhere around where Monotony is hiding in a room with twenty eight locks and armed guards, and whoosh...dead.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Could you?

Try and avoid being hit down by a car-stay in the house.
    Hire armed guards to protect you day
    Have a full medical check the day before and it comes back clean
    Check everything you eat for poison

...when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, someone drops a nuclear bomb somewhere around where Monotony is hiding in a room with twenty eight locks and armed guards, and whoosh...dead.
    Or any number of physical ailments can kill you straight up! Stroke, heart attack, aneurysm, seizures etc. You can be barricaded in your room and any of those can take you instantly. You could be at the E.R. and drop dead. Thats the point, not knowing what will do you in but when!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @ Otherside
    "(And BTW, I don't bite...just thought I'd add that)"

Sure, thats what they all say!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.