Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ativan (Lorazepam)

Common brand names: Ativan and Temesta.

Ativan is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat the following disorders:
    • Acute Anxiety disorders
    • Anxiety associated with depressive symptoms (oral)
    • Initial treatment of status epilepticus (injection)

In addition it is commonly used 'off-label' (which means that it is not formally approved by the US FDA but has shown good anecdotal efficacy in treating the disorder) for the following disorders:
    • Social Anxiety Disorder
    • Insomnia
    • Muscle spasms
    • Alcohol withdrawal
    • Panic disorder

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Ativan has been the only thing that has helped my high levels of anxiety. I've also noticed if the bat of anxiety is also having a low depressive effect that ativan will take both of them away.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lorazapam is the only thing that did anything to me. Unfortunately it stopped working in about a month. I tried a few other benzos, xanax I got a bad rash for using it for one day and it did nothing, and another one which gave me this weird feeling when i initially started ( my body was saying don't take this!) , but i continued to take it and im not really sure if it was any more than a placebo.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote compulsive View Post
    Lorazapam is the only thing that did anything to me. Unfortunately it stopped working in about a month. I tried a few other benzos, xanax I got a bad rash for using it for one day and it did nothing, and another one which gave me this weird feeling when i initially started ( my body was saying don't take this!) , but i continued to take it and im not really sure if it was any more than a placebo.

Sorry, I just saw this post -- but question; what mg where you on? I used to have terrible sleeping, and added it to my pill box nightly (at 0.5 mg) and I was asleep within 30 minutes -- for the first few weeks at first I didn't realize what changed and then I realized the Ativan.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.