Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Ever just shut down? (warning........this is a positive thread)

Say screw this?
    Or quit trying?

Does it feel like the odds are against you and that the bad guys are always winning?

I have a tendency to do this.

I used to do this for months. Sometimes years.

Now?

That feeling usually lasts about an hour. Sometimes for a few minutes only.

Then...............

I stand up.

Take up my sword.

And remind myself that I will NEVER let my bullies, users and abusers win!

Why?

Because bullies are selfish cowards.

Abusers are selfish cowards.

People who use others for their own selfish gain are probably the lowest form of life on the planet.

Am I vindictive? No.

Will I strike the first blow? No.

But I will defend with such a force that they won't know what hit them.

I will not ever let those cowards make me think less of myself.

I will never let them change me or make me cower.

I will never give them the power to shut me down.

Why?

Because I am better than them.

While they scurry around trying to control others..... Trying to use others.....Trying to justify their bad behavior, I am holding my head high. I am earning rather than demanding respect. I am maintaining my place in the world as a decent human being.

I feel sad for abusers.
    I feel sad for users.
    I feel sad for bullies.

The only respect they will ever have is from similar low-lifes.
    Respectable people won't buy into their games.
    People who matter don't care what bullies, users and abusers have to say.

So my question to others here is this...........

Will you shut down?

Will you allow people who don't deserve respect to control you?
    Make you feel a certain way?
    Make you behave a certain way?
    Will you give these people power over you?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

KramersHalfSister's Avatar I keep dancing on my own.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to just hide in my room when certain people in my household (stepfamily) would treat me like dookie and try to intimidate me. Now though? I let them know I'm not the same scared girl I used to be. I actually told my stepsister off last year after I had enough of her crap and omg it felt so good to let it all out. So no, I don't shut down anymore. It might take me a second or two to get myself back together but I always end up back on my feet and ready to defend my right to be happy. I noticed that if you put a smile on your face when someone is intentionally trying to annoy or bully you, it pisses them off big time. They want to see you down and hurt but yeah I stopped letting them see that side of me.
    "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people."

"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place."

-The Great George W. Bush

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote KramersHalfSister View Post
    I used to just hide in my room when certain people in my household (stepfamily) would treat me like dookie and try to intimidate me. Now though? I let them know I'm not the same scared girl I used to be. I actually told my stepsister off last year after I had enough of her crap and omg it felt so good to let it all out. So no, I don't shut down anymore. It might take me a second or two to get myself back together but I always end up back on my feet and ready to defend my right to be happy. I noticed that if you put a smile on your face when someone is intentionally trying to annoy or bully you, it pisses them off big time. They want to see you down and hurt but yeah I stopped letting them see that side of me.
    That's awesome, my friend! I knew you were a warrior.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this thread

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Katie View Post
    I like this thread
    I'm glad.

The reason I put a warning on it, is because I know many people with SA aren't ready to hear a lot of this. I understand that taking up their sword can be a very scary thing.

But I know for me............I have to fight. It's how I survive.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Lovely post hun - I hope that you can come back here every so often when times get a little harder and read it. I love your positivity and willingness, it is inspiring to see. Fighting is not always easy, but you know that and I wish you the best in it

Take Care
    J.x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting thread. I wish I had your determination. I sometimes really don't know if I can't stand this world any longer and then I feel it's just all my fault. It's not that I will give certain people power over me, it's just that I will surrender to life in general. Like thinking: Life is never going to work with me. I find it so hard to stay positive at such moments. But your thread was really inspirational. I'll definitely go and try to adopt some more positive attitude.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I agree Daniel C, that fighting a battle 24/7 is hard. Practically impossible. I'm having one of those "feeling like it's impossible" weeks myself. But the OP gives me direction. It gives me a goal to shoot for when I'm feeling down, defeated. When I feel like I do right now, I can go back and read that post or watch one of my videos or look at a warrior collage I made and it reminds me that I'm not down for the count.

It used to be I was stuck in depression and despair. But the more I fight it, the less time I stay there. I don't want to end up helpless. I don't want to give the world the power to step on me. So even though I feel this way right now, today, I'm going to keep moving. Keep reaching for power.

I just have to keep climbing my way up the mountain. It's just something I have to do. I don't want to die on the battlefield.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey, what happened to my spirits? Oh there they are. They were lifted way up into the sky. I like this thread
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this thread. It reminds me of the benefits of forgiving. Holding grudges lets the abusers and bad guys win, and drags you down. It's best to forgive and move on!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    I like this thread. It reminds me of the benefits of forgiving. Holding grudges lets the abusers and bad guys win, and drags you down. It's best to forgive and move on!
    I agree that it's best to forgive. However, I also know that sometimes you can forgive, but it's best not to put yourself in a vulnerable spot again with the abuser. I know some people will disagree with this and firmly believe that turn the other cheek means to trust them again.

But if someone has hurt me in the past and they have not worked on what caused them to hurt me, then there is always the possibility of them doing it again. So yes, I will forgive them, but I will not place myself in a position to be hurt again by them.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.