Thread: Struggles

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Struggles

So on November 29th I tried to take my own life by overdosing on a bunch of anti-depressants. Failed clearly. Was rushed to the ER and then transferred the next day to the Psych part of the Hospital for 5 days. Found out that I've been misdiagnosed Bipolar since I was 18. Turns out I actually have Borderline Personality Disorder along with my original Panic Disorder & Depression. So far I'm doing better. On new medicine. Abilify & Cymbalta. Had to stop taking the Atarax though because Anxiety meds never work well with me. Was making me very irritable and drowsy. The medicine I love the most right now is Abilify because it makes me want to get up and live life. It's helped me greatly with the Cymbalta. Hopefully I can continue to heal and get better. I've had a couple of triggers I've been trying to cope with though such as family related and social.

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. I know what it's like to want to end your own life. I was in the same boat recently so I completely sympathize with you.
    I'm glad your new medications are working well. I was on Abilify many years ago and it made me very irritable and aggressive. I'm glad to hear that's not the case for you.
    I have PTSD and family and social things are triggers for me as well. I hope you are learning good coping skills. Family can be one of the most triggering things for anyone with a mental health disorder.
    I hope that you continue to recover and do well. I wish you the best.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So glad to hear you are happy with your meds and feeling a bit better!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm glad your meds are working for you. So sorry you had to go through that. I hope everything continues to get better for you

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So far so good. Was upped to 90mg Cymbalta and put on 1 & half Klonopins. Haven't had a panic attack nor chest pains since. I have however developed high blood pressure since the attempt & need to go on medicine for it. Still have my demon days but overall better than before. Just coping better.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.