Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Is the universe a simulation?

Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the museum?s Hayden Planetarium, put the odds at 50-50 that our entire existence is a program on someone else?s hard drive. ?I think the likelihood may be very high,? he said. He noted the gap between human and chimpanzee intelligence, despite the fact that we share more than 98 percent of our DNA. Somewhere out there could be a being whose intelligence is that much greater than our own. ?We would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence,? he said. ?If that?s the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just a creation of some other entity for their entertainment.?
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...er-simulation/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess that would be no different than saying is what we call our dream state really our conscious reality, and what we think of as our conscious state really nothing more than a dream world. The human mind is quite remarkable in that we can think of anything as being possible, including quantum physics, which reflects that not only is everything possible, but everything that is imaginable is actually occurring all at the same time. Carl Sagan lost me decades ago when he said that nothing can go faster than the speed of light. Can you think of going faster than the speed of light? I can...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No, I can't imaging the speed of light!! I think of that when ever I look at the sun. The sun's rays shined down on us years ago, but we felt it today. How can i EVER understand that.
    But the universe (the billions of stars and galaxies) fascinates me. i know there is a God in heaven every time I look up. It makes me smile.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    For some reason, this thread just made me think of this. :/

Please tell me we are not just all characters in a Computer Game like the sims. I used to kill a lot of my sims off. (Death by "Running with scissors" was strange).
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.