Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I know 1 man who died whilst on a waiting list to have an OP done on his back. In about 2010 he was given a date for the OP. The date? 2024. I kid you not. He was getting worse by the year. Died a few year back. Right now we have the cervical test results scandal going on. All the botched up results. The main issue? Nobody told the patients. Not until 6 years later. By that time a good few of them had already died. Few more were dying. In the US there is a law were the doctor has to tell the patient what is going on. That law is not here in Ireland. People knew mistakes had been made. Only nobody wanted to tell the women. Their GP said it was not up to him. 6 whole years to be told. That is how messed up things are.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    @kevinjoseph Agreed!!! Why should the US senators get healthcare from my tax money??

I don’t want to pay other people’s healtcare with my taxes!! I work 2 jobs and don’t even have healthcare yet rich government workers and welfare bums get it paid off of my dime? Unbelievable!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Cuchculan that's pretty awful. I guess it's not so bad here. If a doctor of mine refused to tell me I had some condition like that for that long, I'd be furious. I've learned a lot by asking to see my medical records each doctor has of me. I know if you go to the doctor here, you can get through a whole appointment without them even looking at you, they're so busy looking at what's already in your chart on a computer in the exam room or adding more information to it.

Cloudmaker if you don't want to pay for other people's health care you'll have to just stop paying taxes completely, or come up with a way to change the way things already are. We already have socialized medicine, at least for politicians.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There are, imo, some upsides to healthcare here esp when compared to other systems in other countries.

We do, in fact, have free clinics. They're all over the country here. But they're also a joke. They do not give out the kind of care to pregnant women, for ex, that I'd want the mother of my children to go to. It's better than nothing I'm sure. I don't have first-hand exp from being in one, that's just based on what I've heard and from the media but I have NO reason to believe it's not true. Only the poorest and unemployed and those who cannot get insurance in any way go to those. The jokes here are you go to a free clinic if you got pregnant and no man is in the picture now. Or you have an std. Or, you're looking for free birth control. Planned Parenthood also provides some of those services at a sliding scale, or no cost.

If you don't have insurance of some sort, doctors here will not see you. They want your card and copays upfront o/c. You can pay totally out of pocket if you're alright spending $100 and up per visit. I'd expect to spend more like $200, at least.

Emergency rooms here cannot, cannot, cannot turn you away. You can owe a hospital ER $100,000 here and they still have to see you. You can be an illegal immigrant here and they have to see you. You can't be put in jail here for unpaid medical bills. So...they have no reason to turn you away. The only exception might be drug-seeking junkies.....and they still have to address their health issues.

A lot of Americans use ERs as doctors offices, that's a fact. Go to any normally crazy busy ER on Christmas Eve or Day and there'll probably be no wait to be seen. There'll be drunk driving accidents and the normal....but all those people that use them as doctor offices are too busy with Christmas lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    A lot of Americans use ERs as doctors offices, that's a fact. Go to any normally crazy busy ER on Christmas Eve or Day and there'll probably be no wait to be seen. There'll be drunk driving accidents and the normal....but all those people that use them as doctor offices are too busy with Christmas lol.
    Happens here as well. There's little excuse for it here though as GP's and Out-of-Hours GP's are free. Lost count of the number of the times I've seen a doctor explain in exasperation that "mild sore throat is something that could waited until 8:30am the next morning for a GP, and does not need to be dealt with ASAP."
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They are called ' Locums '.After hours doctors. Here they were begging people to stop calling them out last December. Wait until the next day. Go to your normal doctor. Some people call them out for little or nothing. They have drivers. Why? Because at times the call outs are false and they are mugged. As they carry medication with them. Last one I had out said he was mugged 3 times. You call them in the middle of the night. Might have to wait a few hours before they show up. Rare that I would use one. I would have to be very bad. No charge for a call out here either. Is all free.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'll start a new unpopular opinion. Children should generally not be in public places if their presence there causes disruption because their parents are basically irresponsible.

I mostly like kids and believe their parents shouldn't have to worry about some place they're going to being kid-friendly. But I was killing time this morning at a service garage in the waiting area and three kids were there, and along with their dad, making a lot of noise. One was watching "The Mask" so loud on her cellphone I could tell which scene she was watching because of the dialogue. Another was walking around with her cell phone, asking questions to her day about stuff she saw, like cars being worked on, which was fine, but her dad kept telling her to stop asking questions about stuff and then would ask her if she knew what a caliper was, what a rotor was, what a torque wrench was. Their dad was actually making the most noise trying to keep them quiet.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Kids are raised by technology these days. Not by parents. Let them loose outdoors and they have no idea how to behave. They want to get back home to their computer or games console. Hence the kid watching the film. That is how a lot of parents keep kids quiet these days. Gone are the days of a smack on the legs. Not allowed do it these days. They class it as child abuse. Parents need to learn how to be parents. Take the place of the computer or the games console. But most parents are happy to let the kids be once they are not been annoyed by them. Is all messed up. You know there are kids free holidays and hotels for adults only. Popping up all over the place. People are happy to see them too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well.....a three year old is not going to sit quietly in their booster seat at a restaurant and say "I'd like a milk and mac n cheese, please, thank you" and join in as much as they can in adult conversation. Anyone that thinks that's gonna happen is delusional. I'm obviously exaggerating to make a point, but you'd be surprised what some people (mostly in my experience, people with no kids) would expect a three year old to behave. They're three years old ffs. Having said that, I've seen plenty of cases where the three year old seemed to be in charge of the parent. I'll be damned if that EVER happened with me and my kids. I remember seeing a young 20 something mom carrying a screeeeaming, crying three year old out of Walmart once. This kid was crying bloody murder over a candy bar. Mom was getting tired, and had to put her down, gave in, gave her the candy. All that does is teach her that if she screams and throws a temper tantrum she'll get what she wants. That mom was an idiot. I felt bad for the kid. Seriously. As a parent cardinal rule one is if you reward bad behavior that's what you're gonna get. Just common sense.

Teenagers and their hand-held devices are different. It's easy to tell which kids have been taught respect and which are really the ones in control. My kids know to never take out their phones at the table. And they don't, never have. If we were at the doctors office and they wanted to watch Netflix on their phones while we're in the waiting room, they use earbuds. My kids would never think of blaring out a movie for all to hear.

The difference between the two is....if you watch a three year old you can see in a few moments HOW they're being raised. If you watch a teenager for a few moments you can see how they WERE raised. By the time they're that old it's almost too late. There are people out there who have noooo business parenting anyone imo.

ETA: Prisoners in the state of Texas currently spend more time outdoors than the average kid now. Prisoners are forced to spend at minimum 15 minutes a day, kids most days spend zero, unless it's for a PE class at school.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    For some reason Trump moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. This one failed businessman reversed seven decades of US foreign policy because he thought it would benefit him or doesn't fully understand the consequences of his actions.

I'm not pro-Israel, I'm not pro-Palestine. I'm anti-actively pursuing bad decisions. Not supporting Trump's actions because they negatively affect my country/devalue human life is somehow an unpopular opinion.

Below is a photo of a Palestinian protesting the embassy move. He is holding a tennis racket. It is this fearsome enemy that has caused the Israelis to shoot over one thousand Palestinians, so far today.32737292_1807995055906071_7412641724968730624_n.jpg

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    @kevinjoseph The US has supposedly recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel for a long time.... about time we actually go forward with supporting our ally IMO

So happy with Trump right now

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tanks against Stones.

f1072600250025921adbf8e06801423c.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    With friends like Netanyahu, who needs enemies?

I guess Trump's approval rating is pretty high for someone like him. Must take a lot of painful mental gymnastics to know he's done what he's done and think he is a good president at the same time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I like Trump.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I still like bill cosby..

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.