Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I also like turtles, but I don't like Tosh.0.

JamieWAgain, I respect that you like Trump. I don't know of any action of his that I like, but I don't mean to come across as super intolerant.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Cool Kevin snd thank you. I respect your thoughts as well.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well I mean it's a free country lol. I find it very, very difficult to have any respect for anyone that abuses women (wrt Trump). Just my opinion. Based on what I know, countless reputable news stories.....he is, imo, a sexual predator.

On a side note I think he's dangerous in other ways, he is wreckless. He doesn't seem to be able to grasp the very simple concept that....sometimes the best policy is to try to deescalate things. Foreign policy with North Korea immediately comes to mind.

The scariest thing to me though is how he treats and talks about women. I have two daughters and either of them getting involved with a man like that scares the hell out of me. He is imo what gives parents nightmares. In a purely hypothetical situation I wonder how many Trump supporters would be comfortable with letting him date / marry their mom, or their sister. Omg.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I also like turtles, but I don't like Tosh.0.

JamieWAgain, I respect that you like Trump. I don't know of any action of his that I like, but I don't mean to come across as super intolerant.
    I don't find tosh.0. funny either.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I agree Fetisha.

Sunrise I agree with you also. I don't want to dominate this thread, can you explain more?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Wow I’m glad you are ready to hand over your right to defend yourself to the feds but I AM NOT

If we outlaw guns then only criminals will have guns

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Sunrise, thank you! I totally agree with you. People claiming things like "The Founding Fathers were right" and "Gun control = tyranny and while we're at it US citizens having guns keeps other countries from invading us" conveniently ignore a lot of hard facts. The Founding Fathers were right argument is easily countered with the fact that they believed owning other human beings against their will and profiting from their work was a great foundation for a national economy. I believe that if you are a 2nd amendment supporter, you also have to support alllll the other amendments, including the ones recognizing the Founding Fathers were wrong about things like slavery and voting rights, and we had to amend the Constitution to recognize things like women have the right to vote and people shouldn't be slaves. I think there are two amendments dealing solely with the prohibition of alcohol and its subsequent legalization. So any appeal to to some infallible Founding Fathers being right about everything is nonsense.

My belief is that the second amendment needs to be updated to acknowledge present day reality at the least, at worst it is a cop out for people to say they deserve to own a device capable of casually killing another human being and it's a God-given right because the Bill of Rights. These same people tend to argue that health care is not a human right, but they need to be able to own a thing capable of killing a lot of people fast or their rights are being violated.

Cloudmaker no one said anything about handing over one's rights to "the feds" to defend oneself. If your only ability to defend yourself is a reliance on a device you own that is far outclassed by anything "the feds" have in their armory, you've already lost whatever you thought you were defending. Until the 2nd Amendment guarantees US citizens the right to possess methods of self defense against their own government that are capable of taking out things like drones, nuclear weapons, law enforcement, several military branches, etc., that argument is a fantasy. If you feel threatened by your own government enough that you believe your only recourse is to weapons to wound or kill members of law enforcement and the US military, feel free to emigrate to some country where that fantasy is somewhat realistic, but you'll probably find stricter gun laws there than here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I don't think your gun laws take into account the amount of crazy bastards out there. Over here farmers can own guns. Who else would need them? Never had a school shooting in Ireland. Little Johnny can not simply stockpile weapons up. Because the weapons are not there to stockpile up. We have the right to defend our homes. Only two months back a chap killed a person who broke into his home. No charges brought against him at all. He didn't need a gun to defend his home. Kevin says it right above. The gun laws are out-dated. The World has changed. People have changed. It is a dangerous place out there these days. Only over here that danger does not involve guns. Because they are not part of our culture.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    People in the US will claim owning guns is an inherent "God-given" human right, while healthcare is not. Mental contortionists.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    More of a reply to an RHCP lyric, but the medicated state of mind is not overrated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I like RHCP, despite Anthony Kiedis' tendency to choose lyrics that rhyme but don't really mean much. My favorite musical artist is actually Beck, and I'm pretty sure his lyrics are absolutely meaningless but they fit his extraordinary musical talent. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'll fight ya to the death to defend it maybe.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There's a lot of talk about repealing the 2nd amendment, since the latest school shooting. Which, was less than 15 minutes from where my kids go to hs. It scared me. It scared me to death. My first thought was are my kids OK. That was my first and only thought, for hours that morning. Mass murderers like this do not choose just one location, not all the time.

What I think doesn't matter, but even if the 2nd amendment had been repealed, this monster, this mother*ker wouold have still gotten his hands on the weapons. They weren't his weapons.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I still like bill cosby..
    And he still likes Jell-O Pudding Pops. I miss them!

From 1989:

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    There's a lot of talk about repealing the 2nd amendment, since the latest school shooting. Which, was less than 15 minutes from where my kids go to hs. It scared me. It scared me to death. My first thought was are my kids OK. That was my first and only thought, for hours that morning. Mass murderers like this do not choose just one location, not all the time.

What I think doesn't matter, but even if the 2nd amendment had been repealed, this monster, this mother*ker wouold have still gotten his hands on the weapons. They weren't his weapons.
    The whole point of the Second Amendment is protection from rogue military and Government - the right to self-defense.
    Can you imagine what would happen if we couldn't protect ourselves?

That kid can't even face the death penalty - he's only 17!

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.