Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    There are large parts of the US that teams from the UN have declared at least as bad for their inhabitants as the ones faced daily by people in "developing countries." Some people in the US are extremely well-off, and we are told if we work hard enough and make necessary sacrifices, one day we too can live like them. At least other countries don't pride themselves on believing something like that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I'm just saying, if you think Florida is nice, you need to come to Iowa and see it in person, too. Iowa #1!
    I only drove through Iowa so I don't know really

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't like macho men with very big muscles

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No worries Kevinjoseph. I don?t have bad feelings for anyone and decided that it?s impossible for me to debate in this type of forum.
    -peace to all-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote JamieWAgain View Post
    No worries Kevinjoseph. I don?t have bad feelings for anyone and decided that it?s impossible for me to debate in this type of forum.
    -peace to all-
    I have no quarrel with that. I hope I haven't done something to make you feel unwelcome here. I disagree with one or two things you have posted in this forum, but that doesn't make it alright for me to treat you as anything other than another person like myself who is suffering from anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bacon is overrated.
    *Fart noises*

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Whataburger is very over-rated.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Their hamburgers are OK, they're good, but they're a long, long ways from being great. I'd rather eat a burger at Fuddruckers. Or FiveGuys. Or a dozen hole-in-the-wall burger joints I know of.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Coffee is overrated

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    Coffee is overrated
    Agree
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote TwerkinForTalos View Post
    Agree
    I also agree. Technically caffeine is the most widely used psychotropic substance. People use it to perk themselves up. How that is any different than using methamphetamine or any other thing as a stimulant is beyond me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I also agree. Technically caffeine is the most widely used psychotropic substance. People use it to perk themselves up. How that is any different than using methamphetamine or any other thing as a stimulant is beyond me.
    Whilst I am probably one of the worlds biggest caffeine users at the moment, there is one drug that I can gurantee that the majority of students will abuse at one point or the other. Caffeine.

Whilst not illegal, a lot of stores here won't sell Energy Drinks to under-16's here, partly due to it's higher-caffeine content. There was one person who ended up in the news after overdosing on them recently. Drank to many in a short period of time.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Whilst I am probably one of the worlds biggest caffeine users at the moment, there is one drug that I can gurantee that the majority of students will abuse at one point or the other. Caffeine.

Whilst not illegal, a lot of stores here won't sell Energy Drinks to under-16's here, partly due to it's higher-caffeine content. There was one person who ended up in the news after overdosing on them recently. Drank to many in a short period of time.
    Four Loko and other companies here in the United States sell caffeinated alcohol. Their products have been banned because people would drink too much of them and die of a heart attack or some other unintended consequence. Mixing caffeine with alcohol is no different than mixing nicotine with alcohol, yet companies are allowed to do exactly that if they can get away with it. The whole point of the FDA in the United States is to prevent people from dying from what they consume. One of my senators started a company he named Tin Moon that helped companies undermine the FDA, and people think that's a good idea for some reason. Just my unpopular opinion.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Worst thing here is parents buying these drinks for their young kids. Young? We are talking 10 to 14 year olds. Even with a ban or an age limit on them, you still have idiot parents out there.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I bought my oldest daughter a 12 pack of Monster for her 14th birthday (it was a gag gift). It's a caffeinated drink they sell here that's also loaded with sugar lol. She really likes Monster, but she doesn't abuse it....she has anxiety disorders, and too much caffeine can trigger her, just like it does me. She'll drink a can of it maybe once throughout the day but not every day. Sometimes she'll go weeks without caffeine, it depends on how she's feeling.

I think (in my unpopular opinion, I guess) you can take things to extremes, so much so that it becomes beyond ridulous. I mean, my youngest daughter bounces off the fucking walls when she eats sugar. She becomes reeeeally hyper. She runs at least several miles a day for ROTC at her high school, so she's in really good shape so no worries about that. But should we outlaw sugar because it makes kids hyperactive and it's not good for them lol? How about chocolate? Chocolate contains sugar and caffeine, should we restrict minors from buying that? This is what I mean when I say it can get ridiculous when taken to extremes. There's nothing imo wrong with high school students who drink a Monster or a cup of coffee when they're cramming for exams, for example. God knows there are much, muuuuuch worse things they could be doing.

ETA: I don't mind being called an idiot for having given my 14 year old caffeinated drinks, especially if that opinion comes from someone who doesn't have kids. Opinions about parenting from someone who is not a parent is kind of worthless to me anyway lol. Give me advice after you've had three kids. Give me advice after you've had three teenagers, then we can talk.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Totino's Pizzas aren't so bad.
    *Fart noises*

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.