Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't think our self-worth is based on anything external to ourselves. Self-worth is basically about whether we feel we are generally "good people." If we happen to need others' approval or validation, that's okay, but that might be more accurately called "other-worth."

My unpopular opinion I wish to share is that when medical professionals ask someone to rate something subjective, like pain or anxiety, using an objective scale of 1-10 is ridiculous. Some things can be a 1 for one person if they happen to have a lot of experience with it, and for another a 10, if they haven't experienced it. I have even had people ask me to rate nausea on such a scale.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    I don't think our self-worth is based on anything external to ourselves. Self-worth is basically about whether we feel we are generally "good people." If we happen to need others' approval or validation, that's okay, but that might be more accurately called "other-worth."

My unpopular opinion I wish to share is that when medical professionals ask someone to rate something subjective, like pain or anxiety, using an objective scale of 1-10 is ridiculous. Some things can be a 1 for one person if they happen to have a lot of experience with it, and for another a 10, if they haven't experienced it. I have even had people ask me to rate nausea on such a scale.
    On that note, I personally hate it when I go to a medical professional about anxiety/mood/something mental health related, and I'm given a questionaire to fill in asking me to answer a load of questions on a scale of strongly agree to strongly disagree. Like, how does this help?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    On that note, I personally hate it when I go to a medical professional about anxiety/mood/something mental health related, and I'm given a questionaire to fill in asking me to answer a load of questions on a scale of strongly agree to strongly disagree. Like, how does this help?
    I actually had a psychiatrist make a diagnosis for me based solely on one of those questionnaires. He talked to me for no more than five minutes, gave me the questionnaire and made the diagnosis, and gave me a script for meds to help with it lol. I got a second opinion eventually, and never saw him again. I've since had three other psychiatrists tell me he misdiagnosed me.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This might apply especially to psychiatry, but I think it is true of a lot of medical fields: "The only thing you can get two psychiatrists to agree on is that a third psychiatrist is wrong."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sleep overs are terrible. No matter the age.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote TwerkinForTalos View Post
    These sort of things are another old custom that is quickly dying out. Parents are less trustful. How well do we know the parents of the other kid? All questions like that. So they are all saying no to sleep overs. It was a topic on a radio show only last week. The lack of trust was amazing. Talking about 90%. Such a state the world has come to.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote TwerkinForTalos View Post
    They are ok I'm just kind of ashamed of my weird sleeping habits and my body when its half naked.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't like small talk, As a person living in the south in the united states I find it super exhausting greeting every tom dick and harry on every corner all the time in one day. I don't know how they do it. I'm tired of being obligated to talk to everyone I see. I wish the cashiers at stores/banks would just do their work and not force small talk on me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I don't like small talk, As a person living in the south in the united states I find it super exhausting greeting every tom dick and harry on every corner all the time in one day. I don't know how they do it. I'm tired of being obligated to talk to everyone I see. I wish the cashiers at stores/banks would just do their work and not force small talk on me.
    Most people want to just get through a shift at work experiencing as few unpleasant things as possible. Some jobs require you put on a pleasant mask and do your best to please your clients despite your thoughts on it. Small talk can be pleasant when appropriate, but I don't want to be asked by someone how my day is going when I just want to buy some gas or order some food at a restaurant. And some people might be genuinely nice, but I don't think they want me to tell them all about my day.

My unpopular opinion is that they should get rid of the whole idea of tipping waitstaff at restaurants when you receive average and even exceptional service from them. I think it is basically adding more cost to the price of a meal without the restaurant owners having to pay their waitstaff minimum wage, and the customer has to pay for that, not the owner.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Over here there is a service charge added on to the bill. Those people are serving you. So you are paying for their service when you pay the service charge. So why should you tip them as well? The owner should give them the service charge. Having that and tips is a bit like 2 tips, is it not? Which I see no point in doing at all. I am paying a service charge. That should be enough.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    Most people want to just get through a shift at work experiencing as few unpleasant things as possible. Some jobs require you put on a pleasant mask and do your best to please your clients despite your thoughts on it. Small talk can be pleasant when appropriate, but I don't want to be asked by someone how my day is going when I just want to buy some gas or order some food at a restaurant. And some people might be genuinely nice, but I don't think they want me to tell them all about my day.

My unpopular opinion is that they should get rid of the whole idea of tipping waitstaff at restaurants when you receive average and even exceptional service from them. I think it is basically adding more cost to the price of a meal without the restaurant owners having to pay their waitstaff minimum wage, and the customer has to pay for that, not the owner.
    I agree with your opinion on tipping. I got into an argue with some idiot I used to talk and that person told me that tipping is better than giving money to the homeless cause the homeless will only spend it on drugs wtf! how do you know?! You shouldn't generalize a group of people.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I agree Cuch and Fetisha. For some reason it is ok for restaurant patrons to have to try to make up for their waitstaff being paid less than minimum wage. When I was a waiter I worked really hard for tips at times, because I wanted to do my best. Then I realized that some of my coworkers were receiving larger tips for less work because they happened to be female and considered attractive by the customers. I even had female coworkers neglect their other job duties and screw over their coworkers (including me) so that they could try to get better tips. I got sick of that, basically relying on how much bs I was willing to put up with in a day if it meant they could take home more money, and I quit. Later learned the restaurant owner had an unwritten rule of only hiring people he considered to be "attractive females" and in the meantime those hires would do what they wanted if it meant they could take home more money in tips, including making my job, and others', harder.

As far as giving homeless people a bit of money to try to help them out, I think it is okay. Had a friend who would do the same, then one day he caught some flak for doing it, and he went on some tirade about how even homeless people have it good in the US so why should they get "free money" when they can go be prostitutes and somehow earn a living. Disgusting.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I always tip, always, unless the service is bad. I even tip at Sonic...which is not a sit-down restaurant, but they bring the food to your car. It's NOT the fault of the wait staff if the food sucks, or if it took longer than expected. My best friends in college were bf/gf (they're married now) and they both waited tables, and they have some horror stories of customers who didn't tip, and customers who were just ***holes. It's a really tough job. I think anyone that doesn't tip should have to spend a week waiting tables.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Modern battle rap is the highest form of performance art.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    My unpopular opinion involves earphones. The new type they are all making. I will post a picture of them. What do they think our ears are made of? They are horrible to stick in your ears. They hurt. Give me the old type any day of the week. You remember. Flat with a covering that just sits in your ear. Which I do still own. There is much more comfort in the old style. The new ones are pointed. They are like small bricks in your ears.

earphones-flat-icon-music-and-image_csp51899479.jpg

Below this are the older flat style, which I am glad to say, that some big names are still making. I like to relax and feel comfortable. Not have those horrible bloody things jammed in my ears that you see above.

head.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.