Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Specific Businesses?

Does anyone have anxiety about specific businesses or a type of business?

For example, I get anxiety that they're going to find something wrong every time I go to an auto shop.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Man I tend to be afraid to go to places in general any crowded place is going to give me some form of anxiety, but places like hospitals, or any tiny store or small store gives me worse anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post

I fear certain doctors (however; most of the time my fears are valid and normal) and worry about certain parts of my health worsening.
    Most of this seems pretty rational. What are some 'invalid' or 'abonormal' fears you have about doctors?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Man I tend to be afraid to go to places in general any crowded place is going to give me some form of anxiety, but places like hospitals, or any tiny store or small store gives me worse anxiety.
    Aw. Anxiety sucks!

Why do you dislike small stores? Is it because they tend to be more crowded?

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    Aw. Anxiety sucks!

Why do you dislike small stores? Is it because they tend to be more crowded?
    I tend to get claustrophobic in places like those, so when it is crowded I don't have much room to move around in and I like my personal space. Not a good situation to be in! >_<

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    I tend to get claustrophobic in places like those, so when it is crowded I don't have much room to move around in and I like my personal space. Not a good situation to be in! >_<
    I can relate to this so much! I tend to avoid shopping in person and purchase nearly everything online except for groceries.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    I'm not sure if I have any abnormal or irrational fears with the situations. I question doctors whom are quickly to DX me and throw medicine or rush a surgery... it's very uneasy. I sometimes have to seek 2-3 opinions because I get worried they are trying to give me things that could be harmful and need more treatment.
    Eugh, I think that would worry me too!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Travel anxiety.

Basically will worry about missing trains/buses/planes. Will turn up a large amount of time early to avoid this. (45 minutes Once for a bus) and will still worry that I missed the bus/train etc.

I got therapy for it and it's gotten better. But it still bad.

Last time I had to get a plane was horrendous. Had to take to buses to the airport. Arrive on a bus that got me there ab hour before boarding time (recommended time for domestic flight.) Whole journey was an anxiety nightmare. Every time we stopped at a red light or roundabout was a panic. Didn't help that the people in front of me in the he security queue decided to argue that they didn't need ID to get on a domestic flight for twenty minutes, holding the entire bloody queue up. I eventually lost it with them in the end and snapped "look, just show you're bloody ID or move yhe hell out of the queue. Some of us have flights to get." Wasn't my finest moment, I have to admit. I don't make any excuses for it.

I was fine once I was through to security.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Small shops, yip, the person in thethe store stares at you like you are a criminal.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Always feel awkward in Home Depot....feel weird like I'm invading male territory. Doesn't help that they have those loud beeping "trucks" to move merchandise all over the place. Then in some parts of the store (expensive tool area) there is more beeping when you pass by. I believe it's to prevent shoplifting.

I get lost half the time and can't find what I'm looking for. There are very few women working there, so I just wander and wander till I find it or I give up and go home. Don't feel comfortable asking one of the male workers for help.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote lethargic nomad View Post
    Always feel awkward in Home Depot....feel weird like I'm invading male territory. Doesn't help that they have those loud beeping "trucks" to move merchandise all over the place. Then in some parts of the store (expensive tool area) there is more beeping when you pass by. I believe it's to prevent shoplifting.

I get lost half the time and can't find what I'm looking for. There are very few women working there, so I just wander and wander till I find it or I give up and go home. Don't feel comfortable asking one of the male workers for help.
    I get lost in huge hardware stores like Home Depot too. Eugh!

Why don't you feel comfortable asking a male worker for help?

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.