I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Why some of us don't have one true calling

This is a Ted Talk link

http://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wapn...e_true_calling

About the talk:

What do you want to be when you grow up? Well, if you're not sure you want to do just one thing for the rest of your life, you're not alone. In this illuminating talk, writer and artist Emilie Wapnick describes the kind of people she calls "multipotentialites" ? who have a range of interests and jobs over one lifetime. Are you one?

------

I felt / feel very similar. I can't ever stick to 'one thing' and always need to try different things. But, also struggling because I want to make sure I have a main career... but I want to do so many different things.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am forever changing what I want to do, but I also feel that it is part of growing and developing as a person.

I still don't know what I want to do
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I always just go with the flow. To set myself a goal to become something is also setting myself up for failure should that not happen. Much like in life, I expect nothing and am never felt let down. I have had a host of jobs over the years too. Typical in Ireland for years was the old cash in the hand type of jobs. Fair to say I know how to do a lot of things, but on record I am not qualified in anything. I could rewire a house with no fear at all. Install fitted wardrobes. Have done it all. On paper there would be no record of me as have ever worked at all. The invisible man.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.