Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Peeing a lot...is it just my anxiety?

Hey everyone

Sorry for the subject of my post.

Im a 34 yo guy and for the last couple of weeks I've been feeling the need to pee a lot. I can actually hold it for quite a while but as soon as I go, I'm almost waiting for the "needing to go" feeling to return. And it returns very quickly.

I've been to the doctor and there's no infection. And if I'm busy or distracted I can sometimes forget about it. And it's worse when I'm trying to relax or lying in bed and my whole focus is on it.

But it just feels like there's always a sensation there. Could it be anxiety? My anxiety has certainly been much worse since it started. Crying a lot in front of my partner etc.

Thanks for the support.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much.

Yes the doctor checked for all infections and it was clear.

I think it's a lot to do with anxiety but just wanted to see if anyone else experienced it.

Thanks again

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It would be anxiety. If you ware waiting for the next pee, then that is not time I would want to waste.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If it is bad ask your doctor about Betmiga. They are for people who feel the urge to go every so often. My own mother used to take them. It simply got rid of the urge to go. With her, she felt like she had to go, but there was never anything there. In other words she didn't really need to go.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    For me needing to use the bathroom was part of my flight or fright response. If I need to get out of something due to anxiety I would often need to pee...my counsellor described this as my body almost getting ready to run away if I was feel afraid or anxious. That's just my personal experience.
    life---> <---me

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did it start after something happened in that area? Like a sexual partner, or possible irritation caused by something else? Urgency sounds like you could have some inflammation in the urethra or related areas.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember how in the winter on cold days i urinate alot sometimes too...think its related

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.