Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anxiety causing indigestion?

Ok guys I am just curious if any of you have gone through this, are going through it or can shed a little light.
    My anxiety has been really bad the last month and it probably isnt helping that I am 4 months post partum and my hormones are still wacky. But nonetheless, in the last month my anxiety has really been messing with my tummy, like if I get even a little stressed out I will loose my appetite for hours and hours but throughout I have forced myself to eat a little. I think I have messed my digestion up because everytime I eat I am burping and getting stuff coming up my throat, I get the feeling of a knot in my throat from it too. Certain foods and drinking plain water make me feel yucky in my tummy too. Its a little concerning because my anxiety what was everything up into catastrophic proportions which in turn makes it worse.
    I am just wondering if anyone has had this happen. Its starting to make me have a bad realtionship with food because I am worried about eating or drinking anything and feeling yucky after. I have had anxiety for about 10 years (I am 25) and this indigestion and burping and stuff is all new. I know anxiety wreaks havoc on your guts.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Anxiety affecting appetite is fairly common, as is the issue with knot in the throat, or any feelings of nausea that may accompanying it.

Anxiety/Stress can indeed play havoc with your guts or the levels of stomach acidity, which I would guess is probably causing the issue. If this is the case, antacids may help you. I'd suggest seeing a doctor though regardless.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    anxiety causes me to have nausea instead

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Since you said you are 4 months postpartum it could be that everything is still shifting back into the 'right' position?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I can't eat when I am anxious. It happens.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yep! I've had bad digestive issues for what feels like years now lol actually had to go to the hospital some months to get checked because my stomach was going berserk >_< it seems that's fairly common with anxiety issues! I know quite a few people that sensitive stomachs due to anxiety issues as well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I know that it kinda contributes to a type of lactose intolerance, too. I cannot have dairy products before going to bed or I will end up sitting on the toilet a few hours later.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had bad GERD and indigestion issues for the last few years and they were getting worse and annoying so I decided to go to the doctors, I did the faeces test and it turns out I had a stomach bacteria called H. Pylori... I was on a anti biotic course twice a day for about 7 days..it was tough but I feel better now..so its good to get yourself checked out anyway, you never know.

Oh and another thing.. I was also bleeding daily from my gums when I had these issues and after I did the treatment its stopped it about 95% which was amazing.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.