So now im nervous afff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote goldenRush View Post
    Yeah it sucks so bad! She called and said she wanted to talk to me about that

Then explain your side of things. Explain that you wish to try ACT/DBT, and feel that CBT is not helping you, and that you do not feel comfortable currently attending the alchohol support group, not that you feel it is helping. Explains you concerns to her that you have mentioned here. You may find that she may be able to find an alternative therapist who better suits your needs. As I said, you are entitled to request a different therapist, for whatever reason.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Then explain your side of things. Explain that you wish to try ACT/DBT, and feel that CBT is not helping you, and that you do not feel comfortable currently attending the alchohol support group, not that you feel it is helping. Explains you concerns to her that you have mentioned here. You may find that she may be able to find an alternative therapist who better suits your needs. As I said, you are entitled to request a different therapist, for whatever reason.
    I see her on the 21! She'll probably say its because im not trying

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote goldenRush View Post
    I see her on the 21! She'll probably say its because im not trying

If she is a good therapist, then she will listen to what you say, and listen to the decisions you are making regarding your care. Her dismissing your complaints is inappropriate.

If that does that happen, and she is unwilling to let you switch therapists, then you need to go back to whoever organized you seeing her for therapy and request a move. At that point, you have done all you can, and you have tried, and it would not be reasonable for them to say that it's something that needs to be dealt with between you and therapist and this stage. And to be honest with you, it does seem odd that they weren't willing to help you with your concerns in the first place.

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on on the 21st.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you! I will let you guys know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.