Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @Ironman I really look up to you guys, that went through all of that. You did it with a lot of maturity, and from what I hear you didn't stoop to their level, and you had more integrity in the end than they did. Some of the management at that time (and today also, imo) must have been extremely hard to work with. I really admire you guys for that. It had to have been difficult to deal with. I didn't do so well and I was just a member there lmao. I called them out on certain things they constantly tried to avoid and sweep under the rug, and I ultimately ended up getting perm banned just for doing that. Which, looking back, was probably the best thing that could've happened to me. It is, imo, a place with some pretty toxic, negative people...the whole site is not very conducive for people trying to struggle with or deal with anxiety disorders. It's actually the opposite. It started making mine worse. Good riddance. I don't need that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    @Ironman I really look up to you guys, that went through all of that. You did it with a lot of maturity, and from what I hear you didn't stoop to their level, and you had more integrity in the end than they did. Some of the management at that time (and today also, imo) must have been extremely hard to work with. I really admire you guys for that. It had to have been difficult to deal with. I didn't do so well and I was just a member there lmao. I called them out on certain things they constantly tried to avoid and sweep under the rug, and I ultimately ended up getting perm banned just for doing that. Which, looking back, was probably the best thing that could've happened to me. It is, imo, a place with some pretty toxic, negative people...the whole site is not very conducive for people trying to struggle with or deal with anxiety disorders. It's actually the opposite. It started making mine worse. Good riddance. I don't need that.
    It continued with me (we all know my "true" identity at this point) all the way to February 2017. They left me in limbo, out of the loop, and wasting my time. Then, they pull the plug with a weird "thank you for your service and keep being supportive"........blah blah blah. Now, they are stuck with the stuff they have tolerated.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hello and welcome!!

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    It continued with me (we all know my "true" identity at this point) all the way to February 2017. They left me in limbo, out of the loop, and wasting my time. Then, they pull the plug with a weird "thank you for your service and keep being supportive"........blah blah blah. Now, they are stuck with the stuff they have tolerated.
    I wondered what had happened. Well...it's their loss. I can't believe they'd just say "thank you for your service" after all those years and then just pull the plug. But. Then again, I can sort of believe it. If you look at the way some of the members have been treated (not to mention the mods)....and the back and forth, indecisive way some of them moderate and even ban members (someone was perm banned recently and then un-banned, and that's not the first time that's happened)....when you take all that into consideration, it's not that surprising to me that they'd just dismiss a mod with barely even a thank you. It's happened before, more than once. It's just a damn shame, because that site has a lot of traffic but people don't realize how broken the system is over there. They get sucked into the site, hoping to find friends or some compassion, or someone who can relate and all too often they find conflicts (that go totally unchecked) and trolling and hostility. It's just sad, imo.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Sorry. Hijacking to send :hug. That's horrible. You did a lot for that site.

Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    I wondered what had happened. Well...it's their loss. I can't believe they'd just say "thank you for your service" after all those years and then just pull the plug. But. Then again, I can sort of believe it. If you look at the way some of the members have been treated (not to mention the mods)....and the back and forth, indecisive way some of them moderate and even ban members (someone was perm banned recently and then un-banned, and that's not the first time that's happened)....when you take all that into consideration, it's not that surprising to me that they'd just dismiss a mod with barely even a thank you. It's happened before, more than once. It's just a damn shame, because that site has a lot of traffic but people don't realize how broken the system is over there. They get sucked into the site, hoping to find friends or some compassion, or someone who can relate and all too often they find conflicts (that go totally unchecked) and trolling and hostility. It's just sad, imo.
    Most people I knew on the site when I was on it (mind you, this was three/four odd years ago or so now) - found it through a Google search. Generally they wouldn't search up "Social Anxiety" or "Social Phobia" or the likes, but more something such as "panic when talking to people". Thread comes up. Browse a bit. Find a load of relatable posts and suddenly they've found that the panic has a name and there's a whole load of people in the world dealing with SA and despite appearances, they're not the only friendless person in the world.

It's just a shame that larger sites often are more likely to have trolls/pricks/etc included in the member count.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @Otherside @InvisibleGuy Yeah, and they are really down to one admin who doesn't know the intricacies of the site. Then, three mods for a site that large would be overwhelming - they are also distant.

The people who run the site share one account lol.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh no! What's happened to my thread?!

*runs away*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote HypnoticTrance View Post

*runs away*
    You started a whole new discussion .

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    @Otherside @InvisibleGuy Yeah, and they are really down to one admin who doesn't know the intricacies of the site. Then, three mods for a site that large would be overwhelming - they are also distant.

The people who run the site share one account lol.
    Having one admin is pretty much always a bad idea. And the one who's there currently, is incompetent.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Having one admin is pretty much always a bad idea. And the one who's there currently, is incompetent.
    He's mean and disinterested, too. That's a big concern. There is no communication between them either.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Imo he has a God complex. He is not capable of being impartial, and moderating without being biased towards certain members. He had a grudge against me lol, and....he eventually just banned me, for no real reason. And I agree, there is no communication going on there. I don't think he's qualified to even be a mod, and he's an admin that has final say in all the mods' decisions there. And that's why things are being run the way they are, and people are being perm banned and then decisions being reversed, people being given warnings and given infractions by mistake. I'm glad I'm not there anymore. What a mess.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote HypnoticTrance View Post

*runs away*
    Sorry. Felt sorry for Ironman.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I thought there was more than one "admin" there? As in an entire company that specialized in forum management that just used the "SAS" account.

Far as I'm aware, the mods are volunteers though. Don't think any of them work for the company. I agree though - forum that size would need more than three. We have three here + admin - on a four considerably smaller and with less activity. Seem to remember there were more but I guess a few left

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I thought there was more than one "admin" there? As in an entire company that specialized in forum management that just used the "SAS" account.

Far as I'm aware, the mods are volunteers though. Don't think any of them work for the company. I agree though - forum that size would need more than three. We have three here + admin - on a four considerably smaller and with less activity. Seem to remember there were more but I guess a few left

The rest of the admin (who are mainly concentrated on one account so we don't really know how many there are), are only tech admin. They play no role in moderation nor have any interest in it. TDK is the only admin in charge of the moderation.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum, HypnoticTrance!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.