Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How Often Do You Dust?

This is a chore I often sort of forget about until, eventually, I see and consciously take note of a layer of dust on some piece of furniture in my suite and think '[BEEP] -- it's been a while since I last dusted! Better get to it!'

I'm one who appreciates a clean place, but I admit that my SA, due to tiring me out and making me not want to make much noise when folks are here (I don't like for people to hear sounds from my suite as this, for some reason, makes me anxious; really, I prefer for most people to not even acknowledge me), and my off and on severe depressive episodes, can at times make me hold off cleaning in general for a while.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Couple of times during the week usually.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I dust and hoover a lot too. Baffles me where all the dust comes from. Have a good few items in my bedroom that are dust collectors. Have to clean them or live in the dust. This is Ireland. We get a lot of rainy days. Those are the days I get to work on the house.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Couple of times during the week usually.
    Damn. You make me feel like a slob . . .

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some people are simply not into cleaning. Lived with one such person for a short while. Heck the house was a tip. Nobody ever cleaned up. Lots of animals in the house as well. I got to cleaning one day. She actually gave out to me for cleaning the house. I kid you not. She had grown kids. I asked one were the hoover was and she had no idea if they even had one. After dinner they would pile what they used in the sink and could sit there for a days. Enter the bathroom and the bath was full of dirty clothes. No washing done. Just dump them in the bath and get other ones. I couldn't live like that. I was raised to clean and keep a tidy house. Not over the top sort of cleaning. But washing up after you eat. Not leaving things in the sink for days until there is no more room. I couldn't understand how a family could live this way. Couldn't even see the carpets in the rooms underneath the dirt and thrash just thrown about the place. Needless to say I didn't last long there. Not often you get told off for cleaning up. Just how some people live. They get so used to it, they don't notice how bad it really is. To them all looks normal. To someone entering the house for the first time, you can't help but see the whole mess. Each to their own.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When it starts bothering me. All my furniture was black, so the dust did really stand out. I think stuff got dusty really quickly because I was living on a busy street. All the exhaust fumes coming from the cars.

I wouldn't just use some fluffy thing to spread the dust all over the floor. I used a paper towel and cleaning fluid. Maybe once or twice a month.

I get grossed out by some people's places where the soles of your feet turn black if you go barefoot in the house for a few hours. My dad's apartment is like that. He also lives on a busy street and they wear their shoes in the house.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    They get so used to it, they don't notice how bad it really is. To them all looks normal. To someone entering the house for the first time, you can't help but see the whole mess.
    This is something I've been worrying about lately. It's my plan next month to stock up on tons of cleaning products and give my suite a thorough clean.

I'd rather not have anyone visit here before everything's been cleaned thoroughly.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I like to keep my place pretty clean. I'm not obsessive, I don't dust things off as often as I should. But I try to keep my place clean, you never know when someone might come by. I used to have a room mate at my apartment (my cousin), and he tried to set me up with the woman that lives to my right. I've met her, she's been in my place before but we're just acquaintances...though we talk once in a while when we see each other. She brought me mail a few days ago that had been delivered to her by accident. Thank God my apartment was clean. It usually is. I don't like living in a mess.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Spent a few hours a day during the last few days researching cleaning products and cleaning tips. Next week I plan on getting the mother load of cleaning supplies -- so far 37 products! -- and plan on cleaning the hell out of my place. I want this place to look cleaner than it ever has before.

Lately I've been more grossed out than usual over the fact that so many previous tenants lived here prior to me moving in. This place has been rented out to people over the last thirty years and I believe it's usually exchange students, who leave within a year, who move into the place. So that's a lot of people!

After reading all these cleaning tips, I've realized that some parts of this apartment -- such as the baseboards -- very likely haven't been cleaned since way before I moved into here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Mmmm....my daily, if not working routine is tidy bathroom and kitchen, hover, take out rubbish and do washing....do I need to add dusting now....how does one dust??
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.