Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Should Marijuana be Legal?

*ahem*

As today is 4/20 I figured this would be a good discussion.

Should marijuana be legal? Why or why not?

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes. Legal for recreational and medicinal purposes, imo. I'll post a reference just because....

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...marijuana-uses

but if you just google it you'll find tons, hundreds of studies that have shown it's benefits for everything from pain to asthma to anxiety and depression. I'd rather light up a blunt than swallow a bunch of DEA controlled opioid painkillers. The DEA is actually cutting back on production of opioids, and it's getting much more difficult to get a script from a doctor. Because they're addictive, and they ruin people's lives. When was the last time you heard of someone getting addicted to kush? You can get lazy, and just sit around all day, and do nothing but smoke, but it's not addictive. There's no reason why it shouldn't be legal imo. I think it will be everywhere, eventually, it's just gonna take some time.

I wish I could smoke it lol, I just can't, if I got drug tested from my employer it would end my career. All my customers and clients would find out and I'd have to find a whole new line of work.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Probably will be at some point in the future. Is already legal in some places (Amsterdam is the only one I can think of.) Likelihood? Will probably be sold in the same way alchohol/tobacco is sold (age-restricted, high-tax).

Medicinally? No reason for not allowing it under a prescription, there's already studies that proved it can help various different conditions.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yes indeed. hell, its only illegal in the first place because govs didnt make money off it, and seems they always like to control peoples fun with stuff....we better be careful with that kinda stuff....

weed is sure better than things like alcohol anyway which create dangerous alcoholics.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Goats love to eat healthy green grass. They are plants and shouldn't be illegal. Here is one goat rooting for it.
    I'm also from anxietyzone.com .... If you would like to know my anxiety zone username.... PM me.

OCD driving me crazy everyday

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes (and next year it should be officially legal everywhere in Canada). When things like alcohol and tobacco are legal, it doesn't make sense for something like marijuana to not also be. I'd especially like to see a drop in violent crime, something that would surely happen with the legalization of weed. Marijuana users (typically) aren't violent, but whenever some kind of substance with high demand is prohibited, there's always going to be violent crime that will come with it. Just look at the crazy gang violence that went on during prohibition in the USA. Legalize weed, and you'll see less thugs committing serious crimes.

Personally, I dislike pot culture and I don't like the stuff nearly as much as most potheads do, yet I often find myself buying it. I guess when you have as easy access to it as I do -- I have access to dozens of dispensaries -- that can quite easily happen. The government in some parts of Canada has actually allowed dispensaries to freely sell marijuana to people so long as they're not under 19 and have no gang affiliations. There are loads of dispensaries in Canada. In the city of Vancouver alone, there are hundreds.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I agree with it for helping people out. It does help pain. I see nothing wrong with people using it for those reasons. Here in Ireland they are starting to test out various forms of it on patients who have various illnesses. That is a good thing. Not up for it been made legal for every pot head out there. They have also brought in drug testing at check points here as of this week. These idiots who claim they drive better after a joint. Will carry the same punishment as drink driving. Can be a gateway drug for a lot of people. It loses its kick after so long been used. So the people need something a bit stronger. Plus people can be paranoid as feck on the stuff. Have seen many people like this. The negative effects it has had on them. All ended up needing treatment for mental health disorders as a result of smoking the stuff. I will never accept that it is just a harmless little drug. That is a load of BS. Has ruined lives. But also has a positive effect for certain medical conditions. Use it to treat them. Nothing else. Not that the police do much if you are caught with a small amount of the stuff anyway. Nearly always just a warning. Is like they don't care about small time users. They want the dealers and the growers. The big fish.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Not a drinker at all. Hate the stuff too. Ban on alcohol wouldn't bother me one bit. Governments know what they can make money on. They can spin things to make drink look safer than any form of drug. I am sure just as many people have died from alcohol consumption as from using drugs. That part they will never tell you. Alcohol and tobacco make up a fair amount of the yearly income for all governments via the taxes on them. They are all addictive. They can all kill. But two are made to look better than others. All spin for you. They can't be seen to make a drug they had classed as bad for decades now legal and good for you. Is taken them long enough to admit that it can help various illnesses. Some don't even want to admit that much. Alcohol Was meant for recreation purposes only to begin with. As was smoking. People used both in excess and died. Lesson's learned? Might be a bad excuse. One I am sure people will be quick to use. They botched up with alcohol and tobacco and don't want to give people the chance to do the same with pot.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    another thing ive seen is some alcoholics have quit drinking because of weed. I know of people who can stay off the drink when they smoke it and its deff the much much lesser of two evils

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, of course. What you do with your own body is no one else's business.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I agree. Each to their own. Is your body come the end of the day. I have known people who kept fit and didn't drink or smoke, who died young. Smokers who also drank that lived well into their 90's. Life is a gamble. Who knows what tomorrow holds for us.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    LOL. I assume this is satire?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Of course it is. Good son to have though. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    LOL. I assume this is satire?
    Seen a large number of books like this. None as good as that one though.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.