Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I don't live over there so it won't really bother me at all. I just think it will turn ugly. That was my original point. Just like we have seen over here in Northern Ireland. Us against Them sort of thing. Riots. Even killings. I will watch on with interest. No offense to you ever meant in any of my posts. We have different opinions only. Mine for the reasons I just stated. I know why you have your opinions too. So we can agree to disagree and still get on with each other.
    I feel the same.

I'd just add that....I have explained my POV in every way possible. People that don't understand it are either flaming or gaslighting, or just flat out refuse to see my POV because they're convinced they're right. Whatever lol.

I can see the opposite POV here. I can see why some people might think it's wrong to take the statues down. But. I don't think they're thinking it all the way through. I don't think they're seeing the big picture. They refuse to see what the statues mean, what they symbolize, what they've always symbolized. They refuse to believe that there are other ways to educate people about the past. It's almost as if they are going out of their way to create an argument to keep the statues up. They have to manipulate, construct these arguments to justify keeping the statues up, when anyone can clearly see they are racist.

If things turn ugly here, if there is a race war here, it won't be because we decided to take down racist statues, statues that glorify slave owners. It will be because there's been racial tension that's been building here for years. It won't be because someone took down a statue.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I have temporarily closed this thread until we have had some further discussion on how to manage it in the Staff Room. We may open it back up once we have some better guidelines in place or have come to a decision on how to handle the heated nature of these topics.

Please also note that it is NOT OK to publicly argue with a forum moderator's decision. If you take issue with how moderation has been handled then please report the post for a site administrator to review and we will handle the matter internally.

Thanks,
    Lunaire

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.