Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We have one clock in the house we never go near at all. Always just leave it alone. So high up on a wall in the hall. To get at that you would have to move things and then stand on something to reach it. Bound to run out of batteries soon. I wonder, when it does, will we just leave it. Loads of other clocks still in the house. One in my bedroom changes by itself. Having said that, it done it a week too early last time out. How useless is that. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, my wallclock is situated up on the wall behind this massive old CRT screen we have (yes, no fancy new stuff here!). The thing is so heavy we can't even dream of moving it. I swear my partner must've used the descendants of the guys who built Stonehenge to get this thing up here. Either way, because of this cycloptic megalith, I have to contort and stretch my body into a weird position to get the clock off the wall when it's battery changing time. It's not fun. I'm old and not quite as flexible as I used to be.

As much as I kinda like the old screen as a bit of a "screw you" to modernity (well, and a lot of our peripherals are old.... I don't have a game console newer than a.... I think the Wii is the newest thing we have), I wouldn't mind if we could get rid of the bloody thing, It would probably make life a lot easier.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Only consoles I have are retro ones. Plug and play. All the old games from the late 80's and early 90's. Plus poker world tour plug and play. Not exactly with it when it comes to modern consoles or modern phones and the likes. Very old flip phone here. Some things simply don't interest me. Got a dartboard a few weeks back. Prefer to play that as my game of choice. No TV needed. What you think? Got a cabinet with it.

DSCI0002.JPG
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, aside from the Wii, which actually belongs to my partner, I've only got old stuff - a PS2, an XBox donated by my brother a decade or so ago, Sega Mega Drive and Master System.... But I'm more likely to emulate them on my laptop these days instead of stuffing around with the cartridges. Being in the living room during daylight hours gives me anxiety problems due to neighbour noise, so this is much more convenient for me.

It's a nice looking dartboard, reminds me of the one my mother has at her place. I do enjoy a round of darts, it's a good time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    Yeah, aside from the Wii, which actually belongs to my partner, I've only got old stuff - a PS2, an XBox donated by my brother a decade or so ago, Sega Mega Drive and Master System.... But I'm more likely to emulate them on my laptop these days instead of stuffing around with the cartridges. Being in the living room during daylight hours gives me anxiety problems due to neighbour noise, so this is much more convenient for me.

It's a nice looking dartboard, reminds me of the one my mother has at her place. I do enjoy a round of darts, it's a good time.
    Anyone remember figuring out the Sega master console code?You could take out the cartridge and input a code for a maze mini game.I thought that was the coolest thing when I was a kid.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post
    Anyone remember figuring out the Sega master console code?You could take out the cartridge and input a code for a maze mini game.I thought that was the coolest thing when I was a kid.
    That was on the original Master System wasn't it? I think I remembered hearing about it years later, but we didn't get on the SMS train until the MS2, which had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, I was an Atari kid until then! The only code I remember discovering was the Shinobi level select which was quite by accident, but I was pretty pleased with that nonetheless. Everything else came from my brother's gaming magazines or the ones he borrowed from his friends.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    That was on the original Master System wasn't it? I think I remembered hearing about it years later, but we didn't get on the SMS train until the MS2, which had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, I was an Atari kid until then! The only code I remember discovering was the Shinobi level select which was quite by accident, but I was pretty pleased with that nonetheless. Everything else came from my brother's gaming magazines or the ones he borrowed from his friends.
    Yep yep.I almost forgot about the original Shinobi.Fun game that I did not have the code to lol.I briefly played Atari. I remember pac man and pitfall being fun.I think gaming really took off when the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis released.

The PS2 was crazy good for it's time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Thinking of the retro games I like. Road Rash series of games. Love motorbike racing.

Top Gear 2. Great car racing game.

International karate. ( I beat that game )

Dragon - Bruce Lee story ( Very hard game )

All the old FIFA games.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Love the opening scene to this film.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post
    Yep yep.I almost forgot about the original Shinobi.Fun game that I did not have the code to lol.I briefly played Atari. I remember pac man and pitfall being fun.I think gaming really took off when the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis released.

The PS2 was crazy good for it's time.
    I loved the Shinobi series. The original and Revenge of Shinobi are two of my favourite games of all time. It coincided very nicely with my "ninja period" (Blame the Ninja Turtles cartoon series). Even better now with emulation.... Save states make the difficulty a bit easier to cope with.

My favourite Atari game was Enduro. It was a superfun driving game that really got the adrenaline and my young imagination going. Driving the car insanely fast was cool, but looking at the game world as you'd drive.... It got me into the whole idea of "I want to go over there where the game won't let me go".

River Raid, Pitfall and Ice Hockey were some other favourites that I recall enjoying a lot.... Oh Crystal Castles too!

Loved the PS2.... Spent many a stoned evening playing it. I managed to get a nice, little collection of PS2 games too. I think my favourites were probably GTA Vice City and San Andreas. Vice City for the aesthetic and the soundtrack, San Andreas for the game world. I didn't really care much about the stories of the games (that said, I've finished every GTA game since III onwards). I was more into the opportunity to go cruising around the game world causing mischief to some cool music.

I spent many a stoned and/or drunk evening with the guitarist from my band getting 5 star wanted levels and seeing how long we could last. If I recall rightly, I won.

Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Thinking of the retro games I like. Road Rash series of games. Love motorbike racing.

Top Gear 2. Great car racing game.

International karate. ( I beat that game )

Dragon - Bruce Lee story ( Very hard game )

All the old FIFA games.
    Love the Road Rash games, I mean, what is not to love about fist fighting on motorcycles at high speed? I shudder to imagine the hours I logged on RR 2 + 3 growing up.

I loved the old FIFA games (thinking Mega Drive era here) at the time, but I find they didn't age overly well. I used to play them a lot with my brother, but he started getting angry when I kept beating him. That said, I think FIFA 98 is still one of my favourite games ever, even if I can't play it anymore because it's too easy for me now.... I just spent waaaaaaay too many hours on that one.

This is giving me ideas for a future blog post on vidya. I've got way too much material/history to write here.

-------

Just realising that I've been waxing lyrical about driving/racing games..... Yet, I can't drive myself.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Looking at the names of the more modern games, is great to try out the original versions. Bad as the graphics were. GTA games. Still have not copped how to rob a car in the very first version of that game. i stand in front of the car. It stops. I have pressed everything. Even blew myself up a number of times. LOL You also had Assassin Creed games back that far. One actually involved Batman. Nothing special. Like most other games back them. You walked along a street and you killed people. That about sums up 90% of the games from back then. Had you sports games too. All the wrestling games. Even had a Hulk Hogan version of streets of rage.

if you wanted to think, microsoft had a few good mind bending games. Mostly involved jewels and patterns. Had to make the pattern you saw in the corner of the screen. Problem was, when you turned a tile, 3 other connecting tiles would also turn. Really made you think. Think there was two microsoft pack of games. One lot were great. The other lot were very bad.

Every film and TV series almost had a game. Dirty Harry. Die Hard. Both were the same with different main characters. Nightmare on Elm street. Lucky if you actually meet Freedy in that game. More jumping over things. About sums the whole game up. Star wars and all the spin offs. Star Trek and all the spin offs too. Platform type games.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Looking at the names of the more modern games....
    https://anxietyspace.com/forums/show...697#post464697

My response got too long and I was worried we were hijacking the thread, so.... Clicky linky, see response.

All vidya nerds are welcome.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    This thread is not for any one subject at all. Is a pointless thread. Anything goes.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Whenever I hear this song, I always imagine it being in a trailer for a terrible late 80s comedy that never happened. Worst song on a great album.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Have you ever tried the fit girl repack site for games? I am not saying every game works. I have gotten a load of good games from that site. You do need a torrent downloader. Well worth a look in on a PC or laptop.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.