Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Temporary loss of voice?

Is temporary loss of voice when your anxiety is high a thing? Ive been experiencing this on some anxious days, sometimes my words come out very low..like my throat is tight and dry

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I haven't heard of this but wouldn't be surprised at all if it was anxiety-related. I struggled with selective mutism through school. And I have a stutter that will come out of nowhere sometimes....it doesn't happen often, at all, but when it does happen, it can be pretty bad. Temporary loss of voice sounds like it could be anxiety related.

When I stutter (it's very rare with me, but it happens) I try to focus on what's bothering me. A lot of the time when it happens, I'm anxious about something but I'm trying to avoid it....I'm ignoring what's bothering me, and it seems to come out in other ways.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Could simply be a case of like shying away with your words. You are anxious. So when you try and speak the words are low. A person with social anxiety may have something similar. Not been able to talk as they want. Because they are in a social situation. So I would not rule it out as another symptom of anxiety. Maybe suck on a sweet and keep your throat moist. See if that helps. If not I would assume it is similar to the social anxiety loss of words. Not wanting to be heard. Rather be silent in the background.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you all, for your good advice and words as always

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You ever remember the film ' Police Academy '? Hooks. The black cop. Shy. When asked to speak she could hardly be heard. I know that was just a film. Is the same thing that can happen with types of anxiety. She just came to mind as the classic example.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.