Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My best isn't good enough

I feel like no matter how I try, not matter how much time I work... I can never make the bills at the end of the month. My landlord cashed the rent and its suppose to clear tomorrow but I don't get paid till Friday, so now its going to bounce one day before the cash is gonna be there. Its so frustrating. I'm scared to call her and explain why I'm low on money. I had to take 6 weeks off work to heal after the birth of my daughter, and I really don't want to go into details of what happened with her. The bank won't cover the check for one day and its not like I can get a loan from someone for that much money, even if just for one day. I'm scared of whats going to happen.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I doubt anything will happen. I assume you have always paid on time before. That will let her know you are a person to trust. You don't have to go into any details with her at all. You could simply say you were off work sick for a few weeks. That is all she needs to know. Nothing more. Explain the cash doesn't get paid into your bank account until Friday and could she hold off 24 hours before cashing that Cheque. That the weeks off meant you had little in the bank. So there would not be enough there until the Friday. You are only been honest with her. Not like you are lying. Is only 24 hours you are asking of her. That is not a lot at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My apartment complex will not budge on that, at all. I've been here for three years, and always paid on time, except for one time, and it wasn't even really my fault....it was a problem with setting up the bank transfer. It was actually my bank's fault. Though. It was my fault lol. Funny how that works.

It's always struck me as strange how they will not budge, an inch, they will not give anyone any breathing room, no matter how long you've been here and no matter how on time you've always been. But not every place is like that....imo, it's worth trying to talk to them. On the upside, I'm not sure where you live but where I'm at the most they can really do is charge you $50 or so in late fees. I realize not everyone has an extra $50 to spend....I don't....all of my money goes to my kids, after bills. But I would try to talk to them. You have nothing to lose, they might understand if you explain the situation.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've unfortunately been late a few times. When I was in the hospital in April, it bounced cause I never made it to the bank. I told them I was in the hospital and they let me bring them cash... so this is the second time, and it scares me. I'll have cash Friday but its going to bounce tomorrow.

Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I doubt anything will happen. I assume you have always paid on time before. That will let her know you are a person to trust. You don't have to go into any details with her at all. You could simply say you were off work sick for a few weeks. That is all she needs to know. Nothing more. Explain the cash doesn't get paid into your bank account until Friday and could she hold off 24 hours before cashing that Cheque. That the weeks off meant you had little in the bank. So there would not be enough there until the Friday. You are only been honest with her. Not like you are lying. Is only 24 hours you are asking of her. That is not a lot at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    How long would it take for her to get back to you to tell you the cheque bounced? Hide and seek time. Until the Friday. When you know the money will be there. I know it is a business for them. But a whole day is not going to break them. Your hospital stay had a knock on effect as far as work payment was concerned. Would she find it hard to believe that most people get paid on a Friday? Not a Thursday. Is an odd day to be looking for money off of anybody. Good lot of people over here get paid the week of every month. Getting paid by the week is a dying thing. You are going to have to say something to her. Put it all down to your time in hospital. Such places cost if you have to stay in them. You are still getting back on your feet. Friday is the day money is placed in your bank account. You can pretend you asked at work could they make it Thursday. But you were told everybody gets paid on a Friday. That part you can't help at all.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I agree with what's been said. I think you should talk to them.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.