Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Five Fascinating Facts About Carl Jung

He thought he was two people (sort of) and more things you didn?t know about the pioneering psychologist

Jung's interest in the subconscious was a driving force in his work. (Wikimedia Commons)
    By Kat Eschner
    smithsonian.com
    July 26, 2017

Carl Jung was born on this day in 1875 in Thurgau, Switzerland. Some years later, he became the world-renowned founder of analytical psychology, a branch of the discipline that focuses on a person?s inner life to help understand how they think and any problems they may be facing.

It should come as no surprise, then, that Jung himself was quite a complicated person. Learn more about his quests for knowledge and self with these five lesser-known facts:

Jung coined ?introvert? and ?extrovert?

The terms ?introverted? and ?extraverted? (Jung spelled the latter with an a, though the dominant spelling in the U.S. now uses an o) first appear in Psychological Types, a book which Jung published in German in 1921. ?In his model, differences between the personalities basically boil down to energy,? writes Joseph Bennington-Castro for io9.

Introverts, as Jung wrote, get their energy from their own self-dialogue and defend themselves ?against external claims? on their energy with shyness or other means. Extroverts, on the other hand, are ?friendly and accessible characters? who are constantly looking outward for their energy.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...tT5BVksbke1.99
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    He thought he was two people (sort of) and more things you didn?t know about the pioneering psychologist

Jung's interest in the subconscious was a driving force in his work. (Wikimedia Commons)
    By Kat Eschner
    smithsonian.com
    July 26, 2017

Carl Jung was born on this day in 1875 in Thurgau, Switzerland. Some years later, he became the world-renowned founder of analytical psychology, a branch of the discipline that focuses on a person?s inner life to help understand how they think and any problems they may be facing.

It should come as no surprise, then, that Jung himself was quite a complicated person. Learn more about his quests for knowledge and self with these five lesser-known facts:

Jung coined ?introvert? and ?extrovert?

The terms ?introverted? and ?extraverted? (Jung spelled the latter with an a, though the dominant spelling in the U.S. now uses an o) first appear in Psychological Types, a book which Jung published in German in 1921. ?In his model, differences between the personalities basically boil down to energy,? writes Joseph Bennington-Castro for io9.

Introverts, as Jung wrote, get their energy from their own self-dialogue and defend themselves ?against external claims? on their energy with shyness or other means. Extroverts, on the other hand, are ?friendly and accessible characters? who are constantly looking outward for their energy.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...tT5BVksbke1.99
    My workplace did a research study on introverts and extroverts. I finally found out why I have both tendencies. They've added an in-between called ambivert which is someone who flip flops between the two.

Jung always fascinated me. I think his views back in his day was very out of the box.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I love carl jung. Read all his books... really like the idea of a shadow self.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.