Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Handling anxiety when stress piles up

I have so much going on right now... Money worries, I haven't even been able to buy my daughter her school supplies and school starts Thursday, rent is due, and my car is in the shop cause it stopped running. My landlord wants to do an inspection and I'm scrambling to make the place presentable, which is time consuming and again, costing money... I'm so scared this is not all going to work out... Its all feeling like too much, and I'm freaking out. I hope the car issue is something simple cause if its not, I wont have a car.

What do you do when it all feels like too much and you have anxiety on top of it? I try to take a moment at a time, but I feel like I'm breaking down.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Is there no back to school assistance in the US? Secondhand books and the likes. That is what a lot of parents do over here. They don't buy new books. They get them all secondhand. The school sells them at times. But have a word with the school and explain the situation. I know we all have pride. But at times we have to put that to one side. If it was me I would have been buying books from the day the last term ended. One or two a week. Over the period of the summer holidays. You are beyond that option. Best you can do there is just be honest with the school. Right now you simply can't afford them. There might be a grant you don't know about.

House nest. You can only do your best with this one. Clean it up. Get it looking well. Little else you can do here. I am sure it is not in that bad a shape. Hour or two put aside and you can have that one sorted.

We will have to wait to see what is wrong with the car. Could be small. Could be big. Right now we don't know. That one is out of your hands for the moment.

Rent wise, simply put a small bit aside each week. Learn how to save. I do it on a smaller scale here. To pay bills and the likes. Might mean having to go without some things some weeks. Been all but broke other weeks. That is life for you. i have about five boxes I put money in here. If I didn't do it that way, I would be stuck. I always plan ahead of times. Be it birthdays or Christmas. I am sorted out well in advance. Seems all I do here is save money. It can feel that way at times. Save to hand over when the bills roll in.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Is there no back to school assistance in the US? Secondhand books and the likes. That is what a lot of parents do over here. They don't buy new books. They get them all secondhand. The school sells them at times. But have a word with the school and explain the situation. I know we all have pride. But at times we have to put that to one side. If it was me I would have been buying books from the day the last term ended. One or two a week. Over the period of the summer holidays. You are beyond that option. Best you can do there is just be honest with the school. Right now you simply can't afford them. There might be a grant you don't know about.

House nest. You can only do your best with this one. Clean it up. Get it looking well. Little else you can do here. I am sure it is not in that bad a shape. Hour or two put aside and you can have that one sorted.

We will have to wait to see what is wrong with the car. Could be small. Could be big. Right now we don't know. That one is out of your hands for the moment.

Rent wise, simply put a small bit aside each week. Learn how to save. I do it on a smaller scale here. To pay bills and the likes. Might mean having to go without some things some weeks. Been all but broke other weeks. That is life for you. i have about five boxes I put money in here. If I didn't do it that way, I would be stuck. I always plan ahead of times. Be it birthdays or Christmas. I am sorted out well in advance. Seems all I do here is save money. It can feel that way at times. Save to hand over when the bills roll in.
    I'm really trying. Those 6 weeks I had off, I didn't get paid, so I'm behind now. I'm try desperately to catch up, but it all seems impossible. I have 2 repairs that need to be done to the house this week after I get paid. I have some money I have coming from a retirement acct and once I get that I'm going to start putting money aside. In the meantime, I'm a ball of nerves. I am trying so hard to make it work. Thanks cuch.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When you talk the issue of "Money Issue" you are not alone in this world. Others have the worst. Lets consider those people who are affected a lot terrorist and bombing. Even a piece of bread they have nothing to eat. You are in a safe place so to can find money in a decent way. Good luck!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Don't laugh @BrookeAshley On the plus side the bird is not swimming and the fish is not flying in this answer.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Conceda View Post
    When you talk the issue of "Money Issue" you are not alone in this world. Others have the worst. Lets consider those people who are affected a lot terrorist and bombing. Even a piece of bread they have nothing to eat. You are in a safe place so to can find money in a decent way. Good luck!
    I have sympathy of course for those that are suffering. But I do have a daughter and when I can't afford the things that we need like food, daycare, etc it is going to stress me out. Your logic is ridiculous.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Amen to that sister.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @Conceda I understand the point you're trying to make, I think. But no amount of you feeling bad, no amount of me feeling bad, is going to help anyone's situation. The fact that there are people in the world suffering much, much worse than I am does not help my situation, and no amount of me feeling bad for them is ever going to help my situation, ever.

It doesn't mean that I don't care about people starving in third world countries. I do care, very much, and I give to charities when I can. I've volunteered to help the homeless. But no amount of me being heartbroken for them is going to change my situation or anyone else's situation. The fact that there are millions of people living in poverty doesn't change the fact that there are people struggling to pay bills and provide basic needs for their kids.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.