Thread: "Gut feelings"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Gut feelings"

So we've all heard that saying, trust your gut instinct or if you gut says something is off, it is.

Well this is throwing me off this morning. I keep getting the gut feeling something isn't right but I'm not sure if its my anxiety or if something really isn't right. Its driving me crazy cause now I can't stop thinking about it, and furthermore, now that I see that saying to trust it, I'm scared something really is wrong or something bad is gonna happen.

How do I separate a gut feeling from anxiety? Its hard and I can't tell what I'm feeling.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You ask yourself is there anything big coming up that may have you worried? Can I be honest I am there is. You have your landlord coming round to inspect the apartment next week. Is that giving you this gut feeling/ That he might find something wrong? That is the sort of thing you have to look at. Is it a gut feeling or simply anticipatory anxiety about an upcoming event? There is still a lot going on in your life right now. Easy to think negative about any of those things. That something might not go as planned. Might be nothing got to do with anything I just mentioned at all. Only you will know. But balance what is going in with your life verses how exactly you are feeling. Are the two related in any way at all. If not we have to look for another answer.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have a lot that I'm nervous about, you're right. I'm just at a limit for stress so everything seems bleak. I'm trying so hard to not fall into depression but today I just feel spent. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop fidgeting. I went home for lunch and instead of relaxing, I cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathrooms and then left and I'm back at work now. I just need a break, some small amount of hope that I can find happiness again, that things are going to be okay, that I will wake up happy again one morning, that life won't seem so harsh.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    What you done when you went home during your break from work shows me you are simply worried about the landlord coming to look at the place. How much cleaning can a person do? Only so much. Allow yourself some time off. Allow yourself to sit down and watch a movie. Have a cup of coffee. No point in spending all your time cleaning up the place. You have a weekend ahead of you. You can't spend the whole weekend just cleaning up. I want you to give yourself one day off from cleaning. Just to do other things. Have fun with your daughter. No need to over clean the place. That will only drive you up the wall. I bet the place is spotless. But until it is inspected by the landlord you won't allow yourself to rest easy. That is why I am saying to take that one day off over the weekend. Just head out to a park or something with your daughter. Forget about the apartment during your time out together. You just have to believe in yourself at this stage. That everything will work out for you when the landlord comes to look over the place.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The fish can't fly and so with the bird can't swim.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Conceda View Post
    The fish can't fly and so with the bird can't swim.
    ?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Say what? I can't fly either or I can't swim. But I don't brag about it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I believe of trusting guts. Confidence of your decision is important.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.