Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure how to cope and feel so alone

So around 2 and half weeks ago I was suspended from work. The next day I went out on my bicycle (exercise is my way of making myself calmer/ less anxious/depressed) and I was hit by a car which fractured my elbow. I then found myself unable to run or cycle and just found myself sitting at home waitin for work to contact me. During this time I constantly felt sick (never physically sick), I couldn't sleep at night and I started to feel nervous about leaving the house. When I did go out I would just want to go back home again.

I went to my final hearing today and have been sacked. I was not expecting it as I was not guilty of what they said. I went straight home and now do not know what to do. I feel like it will take me ages to find a job. Who will want someone that has been sacked?! And I have debts and am also worrying about how I am going to pay them.

I feel like I can't cope and don't want to talk about the situation with family because I feel they don't understand and spend a lot of time just staring at me. My mum also suffers from anxiety and I don't want to tip her over the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Well you can't just sit at home all day. That will just make you feel much worse. Plus you can get into a pattern of not wanting to leave the house. So try and continue going out. Even if it only for a few minutes each day.

Is there any types of courses you can do were you live? Maybe something different than you had worked at before. Courses can help you find you work. Not sure how the system works were you are at. Over here the welfare can get people on courses. They also pay them a small amount when they are on these courses. Then the course hooks you up with a company. They have a look to see how you cope with the work. Might end up with a new job out of that. Plus nobody will have to know about your old job.

Maybe tell your family you workplace was letting people go. To save them any worry at all. That way they might be able to help you out until a new job comes along.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Right now, you are overwhelmed. It happens to everyone at one point or another. You are not alone.

Talking it out will help. You do need to get outside, even for a few minutes, just to take in the sun.
    You can handle this period in your life, but you have to have the right perspective - take things one step at a time. Right now, focus on getting your elbow healed and write up a resume for jobs. Just take a look at ads for opportunities and such......read up on what you need to know.

It's all about taking the mental energy and bending it outward toward accomplishing things and not inward to make yourself sick.

We are too good at making ourselves sick when we should not be!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.