Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @CloudMaker it's not a special privilege and Otherside already explained why. I'm not gonna re-hash what's already been explained. Imo, there is something else going on with your reasoning here, because imo most rational people wouldn't think like you. And the reality is, the overwhelming majority of people do not think like you.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Have you people not copped on yet that if people are all in agreement on a subject CloudMaker will go against it. It is not that she has anything against disabled people. She simply wants to be the one different opinion in the thread. We have seen it many times before. If we all agreed that snow looks white, she would disagree. Just, not trying to be awkward, more mixing the topics up a bit. Just to see how others will react. I agree some of her posts have made me shake my head. As to how a person can even think like that. But it was simply just a different opinion from everyone else. I am not saying this in a bad way. It adds to the debate. We may not agree with her. Don't think I ever have. Always good to be different.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Have you people not copped on yet that if people are all in agreement on a subject CloudMaker will go against it. It is not that she has anything against disabled people. She simply wants to be the one different opinion in the thread. We have seen it many times before.
    Yep. Seems to be the case, pretty much all the time lol.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I know you think I'm being difficult because most people seem to disagree with me but that is really what I think.

I believe in free market and enterprise. Most topics on here go against those freedoms so I disagree. Just my 2 cents IMO.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @CloudMaker that's where this whole "indoctrination" thing comes in. Free market and enterprise does not equal discrimination against the disabled. What you're talking about is something else. I even provided you with a dictionary definition of indoctrinated. See my earlier post

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    I believe in EGALITARIANISM....that means everyone is treated EQUALLY.

I don't think we should have special privileges for some people and not others!
    Two of my three children are disabled. My granddaughter is severely disabled. It is a privilege to not be disabled. It is a privilege to have legs to walk. It is a privilege to have eyes to see or a fully functioning brain to think.

You are not the victim of disabled people. They did not choose to miss out on a full life. They merely want to be like you. Nothing more.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Can I add a small story in here. I was raised to hold doors open for people. Manners. Was entering a shop one day and had the door open. Bloke in a wheelchair appears behind me, so I held the door and said ' after you '. If it had of been a woman walking or a man walking, I would have done the exact same thing. This bloke shouted me '. I am not fucking useless, I can open doors by myself '. Cheeky fucker. I let the door go and said ' Then help yourself '. The door swang backwards. He had to move out of the way of the door. You try to be nice. But in his case I think he had a grudge against society as a whole. I am sure he would get pissed off if somebody offered to get something from a top shelf for him. With myself it was just manners and respect. Nothing else. Something he certainly hadn't got. Have held doors open for a few wheelchair users over the years. They do thank you as a rule. They don't see it as you been patronising towards them. He was a one off. Rude person.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Can I add a small story in here. I was raised to hold doors open for people. Manners. Was entering a shop one day and had the door open. Bloke in a wheelchair appears behind me, so I held the door and said ' after you '. If it had of been a woman walking or a man walking, I would have done the exact same thing. This bloke shouted me '. I am not fucking useless, I can open doors by myself '. Cheeky fucker. I let the door go and said ' Then help yourself '. The door swang backwards. He had to move out of the way of the door. You try to be nice. But in his case I think he had a grudge against society as a whole. I am sure he would get pissed off if somebody offered to get something from a top shelf for him. With myself it was just manners and respect. Nothing else. Something he certainly hadn't got. Have held doors open for a few wheelchair users over the years. They do thank you as a rule. They don't see it as you been patronising towards them. He was a one off. Rude person.
    I was speaking generally because the quote I cited was spoken in general terms.

Any one human being can be a dick and like every class, race, culture, one person does not constitute the whole.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    OK, this is completely off topic but after reading these comments I was reminded of a time recently when I decided to ‘pay it forward’. I went into a pizza parlor to pick up my pizza and while I was paying for my pizza I said I’m also going to buy the next person who walked into the pizza place a pizza too. So I payed for the next person’s pizza, feeling all great about myself for being so generous, do you know that feeling? Anyway, I was walking out the door and in the door came a really rude man. I was balancing a pizza and he let the door slam on me. I stood there thinking.. ‘now what’ Do I go back in and say ‘not for this guy, I’ll pay for the next person instead?’ Lol. I just went to my car thinking maybe I made this guy smile.

The whole ‘pay it forward’ movement is really to make ourselves feel good. At least that’s the honest conclusion that I came to.

Carry on. Sorry to interrupt...
    Ps
    Highly edited as my fingers weren’t on the home row keys...

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've done the same before. Tbh, I do hold doors open for everyone, male, female, doesn't matter, and I do the same for anyone that's disabled, and it's not because they're disabled, I just do it for everyone. It's not like I stand there and hold the door for everyone like I'm some kind of doorman at a hotel lol, I just casually hold it open a little longer so the person behind me can catch it and it doesn't slam in their face. It's kind of rude imo to just walk in and ignore someone who's right behind you. I've done the same for people in wheelchairs before, and obviously I can't just give the door a push so they can catch it, I had to actually HOLD the door open and let them get in. I've probably done that half a dozen times or so, and they've always been very thankful and never reacted like this guy did to you, thank god. That guy would have really set me off. I'm honestly not sure how I'd react. I don't know.

Also....fwiw.....I've never, ever, not once in my life parked in a handicapped spot. Not thirty one years ago when I first got my license. Not now. Not anytime in between. I decided it was really a dick move, long, looooong before my mom ever became wheelchair bound, so it has nothing to do with that. If I were dating a woman and saw her do that, or was friends with a guy and saw him do that.....I'd probably just break all ties with them, just for that reason, right then and there. Seriously.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post
    Two of my three children are disabled. My granddaughter is severely disabled. It is a privilege to not be disabled. It is a privilege to have legs to walk. It is a privilege to have eyes to see or a fully functioning brain to think.

You are not the victim of disabled people. They did not choose to miss out on a full life. They merely want to be like you. Nothing more.
    I was not answering directly to your post with my story. Sorry if you thought that. Do have a disabled kid leaving close to us here. Hard to even know her age. I admire her parents because the kid is unaware of life going on around her. Just the love they have for that kid is amazing. I would not like to be in that same situation. I couldn't even imagine what it must be like. To be that kid. I use the word kid, but she is probably in her late 20's or early 30's by now. Just never grew past a certain height. Can't talk. Wheelchair 24/7. Is a condition. One she was born with. She is aware of touch though. Have gotten a lift from her mother. You hold the kid's hand and she knows you are there. I sat in the back seat with the kid. Her mother did explain that she only responds to touch. One of those people that you wonder what goes on inside their brains? Concerning life in general. They were told she would not live past a certain age. She has reached that age and added a few more years onto it. As I might see them often enough it is good to know what goes with the kid and what doesn't go. Touch lets her know you are there. But she would have no idea who you were. They are a positive family. Which is a credit to them. Just been around this kid, you see small, simple things make her smile. Just to know somebody is there. It is a world far removed from our own world in many ways. We are all so lucky. We may have our anxiety conditions. But anxiety is nothing when you see people like this. I would gladly accept my anxiety any day of the week.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.