Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Struggling with loneliness

Hey guys, just thought I'd share and see what you guys think as well as hear your stories. Alongside struggling with panic attacks and depression, I struggle with an aching sense of loneliness. Social media was only making me worse as I'd always find myself reaching out to people who'd always read my messages and ignore me so I got rid of it. After awhile of trying, I usually just give up. Being almost 24, I find it very hard to find friends, especially those whom I click with. I made friends at my old job but as usual, I was the person always reaching out and never hearing anything so as always, I stopped. I understand people have their own lives and things but I've also seen with my own two eyes how these same people blow me off but will be hanging with their other friends. It kinda makes me sad and makes me think if I did or said something wrong. So here I am, a 24 year old single mom with absolutely no life and barely any friends. Does anyone else struggle with loneliness?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    I know how discouraging that can be when you reach out only to experience rejection. It's tough, makes you feel less than. And you overanalyze why. But I also did my fair share of shunning people (due to SA). I try to keep it in perspective - not everyone has to like me. I certainly don't like everyone, lol. And rejection is a universal experience. I know this is easier said than done, but if you can't abide the loneliness, you gotta keep making the effort. Do you have a job now?
    Thank you for your insight Honestly, I'm just taking a break from reaching out to others. I'm currently not able to work due to some issues I am going through. I have no problems making friends - keeping them is the issue. I try not to overextend myself so I don't come off as being desperate but after so many attempts of trying to be a friend, I just stop. What makes me angry is after I stop reaching out, I'll either run into them or get a text saying why I haven't I called or texted anymore. It's frustrating.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    It sounds like they prefer you to take the initiative and make the effort, but not reciprocate. I know people like that.
    I don't get it at all. I've made a few new friends who actually return the effort so I'm going to give them a chance it see where it goes. I just fear they'll stop talking to me and I'll be back to square one but I guess I'll never know if I don't keep trying to meet others.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I have the same problem where I don’t know anyone and no one ever talks to me. So I don’t see how I could ever know someone in the future. Someone recommended to me to go to a dancing class, but I’m not up for that, it’s too much social interaction. Maybe you could handle it though. What you described is why I don’t reach out to other people. Nine times out of ten they just reject you and go hang out with someone with better social skills.
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.