Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    At least Trump is willing to admit he was wrong. So glad we have a strong leader standing up to the corruption in the WHO. Axe all the funding!

Looking forward to casting my vote to keep America great in 2020!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    At least Trump is willing to admit he was wrong. So glad we have a strong leader standing up to the corruption in the WHO. Axe all the funding!

Looking forward to casting my vote to keep America great in 2020!!!
    Bernie dropped out.

It's all "up to Biden now". If he could only finish a sentence....

Trump will get reelected. This is a business-related recession. He knows what to do to get small businesses going. The only sad part is that it was longer than he predicted. He wanted to start opening by Easter. Instead, estimations are closing in on peak illness times here. Most states are hitting the peak in the next 5 to 10 days.
    @Cuchculan - he was going by what China told us....it was disturbing to hear about all the China coverups. We had incomplete data to start with.

When you are given data saying that up to 2,200,000 people in a country of nearly 360,000,000 would die of the virus, we couldn't take any chances!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Opening stuff up again isnt going to happen for a while. Easter was never going to happen. For all the bluster though we've seen...Trump is at least realizing the seriousness now.

Boris unfortunatley, has also suddenly realized the seriousness the hard way.

Not that we're being told the truth about his condition. One moment hes being rushed into A and E for routine tests at 8pm at night, then hes feeling fine and recovering in hospital, next think we know hes in ICU. Which he has been for three days, whilst being completely fine.

Even with Boris as Prime Minister, it's been a shitshow. All rhetoric, very little action. We have nowhere near enough ventilators, PPE for medics (who are now catching and dying from covid as a result), nowhere near enough tests. They shut down far too late and instead tried a herd immunity policy. "Herd immunity - protect the economy at all costs, and if a few pensioners have to die, so be it."

I would hope the lot of them would be held to account for the herd immunity experiment/approach. Now as a result of that, we're set to higher numbers of dead than France, Spain and Italy combined. We had warnings - we should have acted when Italy started going downhill. Needs to be some sort of inquiry when this over, and heads need to roll over the herd immunity experiment (but it won't, and like other things where heads should have rolled - it will be covered up and sat on.)

Least we finally have something of a sane, credible opposition.

TLR - Boris is not somebody who handled this at all well, our government failed and have doomed us all with a "herd immunity"/let everyone get infected approach, even Trump can see how moronic that approach was.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Opening stuff up again isnt going to happen for a while. Easter was never going to happen. For all the bluster though we've seen...Trump is at least realizing the seriousness now.

Boris unfortunatley, has also suddenly realized the seriousness the hard way.

Not that we're being told the truth about his condition. One moment hes being rushed into A and E for routine tests at 8pm at night, then hes feeling fine and recovering in hospital, next think we know hes in ICU. Which he has been for three days, whilst being completely fine.

Even with Boris as Prime Minister, it's been a shitshow. All rhetoric, very little action. We have nowhere near enough ventilators, PPE for medics (who are now catching and dying from covid as a result), nowhere near enough tests. They shut down far too late and instead tried a herd immunity policy. "Herd immunity - protect the economy at all costs, and if a few pensioners have to die, so be it."

I would hope the lot of them would be held to account for the herd immunity experiment/approach. Now as a result of that, we're set to higher numbers of dead than France, Spain and Italy combined. We had warnings - we should have acted when Italy started going downhill. Needs to be some sort of inquiry when this over, and heads need to roll over the herd immunity experiment (but it won't, and like other things where heads should have rolled - it will be covered up and sat on.)

Least we finally have something of a sane, credible opposition.

TLR - Boris is not somebody who handled this at all well, our government failed and have doomed us all with a "herd immunity"/let everyone get infected approach, even Trump can see how moronic that approach was.
    So sorry the European response seems poor to this. I believe I read that the antibodies only live for around 6 weeks so herd immunity couldn’t have ever worked as a policy.

There are not enough ventilators here or anywhere else either, but it seems that the large majority that get to the point of needing one will die anyways. Something around 75%+ on ventilators die and a good number of survivors need oxygen for the rest of their life. Sad.

We can only hope this will wake people up and stop the spread of globalism. China sending faulty test kits and equipment. We in the west need to make these things ourselves.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, some of the South-East asian countries are reporting re-infection. Not good. Then theres the problems if you have a severe case of covid. Needing oxygen due to permanent lung damage, as you said. Pretty horrid.

I have to agree that we all need to start becomming more self-reliant after this. Having supply routes flung out across the world is proving to be a very stupid decision. I don't think the world is going to go back to being the same after this. Going to have to be some changes.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Americans and Europeans don’t always see eye to eye but I know at least we can trust transactions on either side.

No one is buying something from a major American or European company and wondering whether it’s faulty, fraud, or counterfeit. Not the case with China.

China is cheaper with cheap labor and human rights violations. Integrity has been sold down the river for the sake of profit, and now we are seeing the consequences.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    China sells crap. All the medical gear that landed hear was not good for anything at all. So we demanded more and told them how we wanted them made. Ireland is doing its best. But I fear that won't even be enough. We are still only learning about this virus. What you see in the US are the early stages. 3 or 4 weeks from now you might hit peak. Trust me that will be thousands more dead. As for China and lying? Did anybody ever believe what China was saying to begin with? I think on here I wrote if they said one thousand are dead, then that means at least ten thousand. That is China for you. If normal people knew they were lying, why not world leaders?

Trump stays in power if there is no election anyway. This pandemic will run on and on. Don't expect it to end any day soon. I also told the story of the woman who said she had it twice. At that time they were looking into her claims. It is [BEEP] storm with no place to run.

Bank holiday weekend here. English people are said to be coming over here. We are saying ' stop them '. Holiday homes and all of that. Irish people are been stopped from moving county to county. Police have new rights to arrest anybody not going by the new laws. Movement of people is the worst thing that could happen. Hence some people are still no grasping how bad this is.

Won't mention the other forum I use. But one American on there was saying people have blown this up into something it is not. He said he had been talking to a nurse. I asked a nurse in what exactly? Hardly not a hospital nurse. The amount of them that have died from this. To see a post like that. It shows what some people are still thinking like.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    There's still a lot of misinformation out there about treatment, people still in denial, etc. There is no treatment and the only way to address this is to isolate from people who don't live in your househould. The ignorance and delayed measures prolongs the misery. History just keeps repeating itself. Some national parks finally closed off access and I read angry commenters who couldn't understand the reasoning behind it. Unbelievable. That's why government has to intervene, you can't rely on people exercising common sense. They're now asking people in my area not to shop for at least a week.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Americans and Europeans don’t always see eye to eye but I know at least we can trust transactions on either side.

No one is buying something from a major American or European company and wondering whether it’s faulty, fraud, or counterfeit. Not the case with China.

China is cheaper with cheap labor and human rights violations. Integrity has been sold down the river for the sake of profit, and now we are seeing the consequences.
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    China sells crap. All the medical gear that landed hear was not good for anything at all. So we demanded more and told them how we wanted them made. Ireland is doing its best. But I fear that won't even be enough. We are still only learning about this virus. What you see in the US are the early stages. 3 or 4 weeks from now you might hit peak. Trust me that will be thousands more dead. As for China and lying? Did anybody ever believe what China was saying to begin with? I think on here I wrote if they said one thousand are dead, then that means at least ten thousand. That is China for you. If normal people knew they were lying, why not world leaders?

Trump stays in power if there is no election anyway. This pandemic will run on and on. Don't expect it to end any day soon. I also told the story of the woman who said she had it twice. At that time they were looking into her claims. It is [BEEP] storm with no place to run.

Bank holiday weekend here. English people are said to be coming over here. We are saying ' stop them '. Holiday homes and all of that. Irish people are been stopped from moving county to county. Police have new rights to arrest anybody not going by the new laws. Movement of people is the worst thing that could happen. Hence some people are still no grasping how bad this is.

Won't mention the other forum I use. But one American on there was saying people have blown this up into something it is not. He said he had been talking to a nurse. I asked a nurse in what exactly? Hardly not a hospital nurse. The amount of them that have died from this. To see a post like that. It shows what some people are still thinking like.
    We have to break our dependence on China. They were going to withhold pharmaceutical stuff from us during all of this. Fortunately, the meds involved in helping Corona patients is made here. 29,000,000+ doses of hydroxychloroquine. Can you believe it? A med created in 1955 used for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and malaria ends up helping defeat The Corona.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I found it very hard to believe that the ferry service between Ireland the UK is still running. Laws state you can not travel more than 2KM from your home. Unless you are worker working in some important place. So by even getting a ferry, are you not breaking the new laws? Makes no sense at all. So far those who arrived via the ferry claim they are working in the UK but are from here. Still think they should have been sent back to the UK. Come Tuesday they will be going back anyway. Did they bring the virus with them? Will they catch the virus here and bring it back to the UK with them? A few Irish people managed to get around the police and reach caravan sites where they own caravans. May all sound good for them. But now they are been told they have to stay there. They are not allowed return back to their actual homes. Movement makes this worse. We have seen this in all countries. People have to see what they are been asked to do is for the good of their health. We had another person jailed yesterday for coughing on a policeman and saying she had the virus. Once upon a time it used to be drug addicts with needles full of blood who would say they were HIV. Now we have these idiots coughing and spitting on people. At least the law is coming down hard on them. Jail time. Criminal record too.

My picture of the day.

Attachment 4673
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I found it very hard to believe that the ferry service between Ireland the UK is still running. Laws state you can not travel more than 2KM from your home. Unless you are worker working in some important place. So by even getting a ferry, are you not breaking the new laws? Makes no sense at all. So far those who arrived via the ferry claim they are working in the UK but are from here. Still think they should have been sent back to the UK. Come Tuesday they will be going back anyway. Did they bring the virus with them? Will they catch the virus here and bring it back to the UK with them? A few Irish people managed to get around the police and reach caravan sites where they own caravans. May all sound good for them. But now they are been told they have to stay there. They are not allowed return back to their actual homes. Movement makes this worse. We have seen this in all countries. People have to see what they are been asked to do is for the good of their health. We had another person jailed yesterday for coughing on a policeman and saying she had the virus. Once upon a time it used to be drug addicts with needles full of blood who would say they were HIV. Now we have these idiots coughing and spitting on people. At least the law is coming down hard on them. Jail time. Criminal record too.

My picture of the day.

Attachment 4673
    Nice picture LOL. Where will those people go if they?re not allowed to go home? Stay homeless until after curfew?

I Finally left the house and went to Winco to shop for fresh produce. I was concerned because I haven't gone shopping at a grocery store for a long time and the last time I went it was awful, with almost no food of any kind left.

I got there at 12:00 noon and had to wait outside. They are only allowing a small amount of people in at the same time now. There were only maybe 8 in front of me in the line and we all got in really fast. Winco had almost no shortages at all, only hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, and wipes. They had a good supply of TP with a 1 item limit. They put up plexiglass in front of the cashiers and wiped down the debit card reader for each transaction. I asked the clerk how they were holding up, and she said it's much, much better now, and that they are discussing doing away with the line to go inside soon.

Also they said on the TV and radio that California is doing much better with infection rate than was projected. They are now admitting that they think most of us were exposed earlier last year and built up antibodies! Stanford is started randomly tested people for the antibodies now. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what I had when I was so sick.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Ferry service is kept running for couriers. Same with France, although there enforcing it so nobody who's not a lorry doesnt get on the boat or train. Very difficult for the Irish government to stop anyone Irish from entering. Should be isolating when they go back though. Surprised nobodies stopping them on our end before they get to a boat.

Keep seeing all these "but I want to be with my family/boyfriend/whatever over easter" as well. Getting pissed off with these idiots. What, you think then rest of us wouldnt like that? I had flights to travel back to ny family this week this week, I'm stuck here, avoiding them as we're meant to be and not travelling - not that those flights weren't cancelled, but I still wasnt planning on going long before that. Absolutley gutted I cant see them. Particularly as my 95 year old grandfather is not particularly well. But somehow they're special and should be allowed to travel because there boyfriend lives the other side of the country and they're entitled to spend a few days with them and we should all respect that, apparently. Already fallen out with one person over this.

English idiots are coming to Wales as well. We dont want them here. AirBnB was still offering holiday bookings over here. Some even marked "self-isolation retreats" and giving you advice as to how to avoid the police on your way there.

Hopefully getting antibody tests here soon. Likely going to healthcare workers first - as they should - but I do wonder if that cough and shortness of breath that came with it in February was covid.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There is so much I would stop if I was in charge. Any cargo should be sent by planes. Think of what that would cut out. Driven to one airport. Dropped off. Picked up at another airport. These truck drivers do be all about the place. I would simply stop the ferry service. Simple as that. No flights other than cargo flights. Who needs to travel? We are not meant to be doing so. You bring in laws for a reason. Enforce the bloody things.

Hope your grandfather stays safe. Have an aunt in a nursing home. A lot of them are getting hit over here. Clusters of deaths. All from these homes. We can only pray it stays out of the home she is in.

For each shopper that leaves a shop, another is allowed in here. Is a lot of items that are simply never coming back. How badly have shops been with bottles of hand soaps? You would have imagined they knew what was going to happen. Even sites on the net are sold out of the stuff. Badly managed.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I heard the rumors that the flu going around back in Nov/Dec might've been COVID but that doesn't make sense because then there would've been massive die offs and an overrun of hospitals. But I wonder if that helped with immunity for COVID? I'm going bonkers. When this is all over, I'm going to catapult myself into a travel binge. They said that there really isn't hope for the shut downs to be over until they testing is more available and/or until they find an effective treatment/vaccine. Which makes sense. I would think for schools/companies to re-open, everyone would need to be tested before being allowed into facilities and resume business as usual.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    I heard the rumors that the flu going around back in Nov/Dec might've been COVID but that doesn't make sense because then there would've been massive die offs and an overrun of hospitals. But I wonder if that helped with immunity for COVID? I'm going bonkers. When this is all over, I'm going to catapult myself into a travel binge. They said that there really isn't hope for the shut downs to be over until they testing is more available and/or until they find an effective treatment/vaccine. Which makes sense. I would think for schools/companies to re-open, everyone would need to be tested before being allowed into facilities and resume business as usual.
    If there were no test kits and it wasn’t on the radar there could have been many covid deaths that were reported as flu / pneumonia. The death stats in the US for the flu last year were between 20,000-60,000

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.