Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Saw the beautiful picture this morning that about sums up America at the moment. Meaning the protesters out chanting ' America '. When America is top of the list for deaths and infections. What are they actually chanting for? Bit like been last in a race and still celebrating.

Attachment 4687
    Pretty convenient your graph doesn’t account for percentage of population, if it did it would look a lot different!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If it did Ireland would be up near the top. Small population. I think it was more a take on those Americans who want everything opened again and life to continue as if nothing was happening. If you were in charge would you open everything up again? Call off the lockdown?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    If it did Ireland would be up near the top. Small population. I think it was more a take on those Americans who want everything opened again and life to continue as if nothing was happening. If you were in charge would you open everything up again? Call off the lockdown?
    I would have things be on a volunteer basis to open up but not penalize workers who didn’t want to. Let us old people go in to work and run things. We have already lived a full life. I am happy to go back to work if it means the young people don’t face a depression.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is a fine line between keeping people safe and keeping the country running. In the UK 2 people suggested / said to forget about the elderly. Let them die. I know one was a woman. Think she said it first. @Otherside might be able to tell us their names. The way it was put was bad. They are old. Let them die. That is not exactly going to win anybody any friends. People might be old. But they are still alive. I am sure they don't all want to die. Hence when said it went down very bad. If I look here were I live, I see old people out every day. It is not a law that they have to stay in the house. Some thought it was to begin with. My own mother is fed up in the house. The government is well aware that they can't keep people in until a vaccine is found. That might be a year away. Just not possible. One thing that was said is that social distancing might become the new norm. If places can implement it and stick to it, fair enough, let them open. But some have said it is impossible to do. Those places will remain closed. As they won't even make an effort to give it a go. You see people of all ages out here. Not like life has just stopped. Few new rules in place. I do think older people are slowly starting to come out a lot more.

Sad here was to hear of 6 day old baby who caught the virus. The mother had not got the virus. Trying to find who infected the new born baby. Miracle is that she didn't die. Was also five other babies who had it and all survived. Must have been a weaker version of the virus they had. That young, the full blown virus would have killed them all. Nice to hear a few happy endings in with all the other misery.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Qute a few who suggeted that. Problem is a couple are in government. Dominic Cummings was one (who later got covid, and was apparently quite ill.) Had a few idiots in the news still saying the same - Toby Young. Boris was on TV initially arguing for it ("Just take it on the chin (Britishism for "deal with it.), let it rip through the population.").Idiots such as Nigel Farage was protesting the lockdown initially, though not heard a single thing from him lately aout it. There's very few people thinking thats a good idea though. Apparently they're surprised by how much support there is for it, and how much people are actually keeping to the lockdown. Mind you we're allowed to exercise once a day so thta's keep people sane. Thing about the British is that generally, we don't like being told what to do. So this is serious if this has that much support. I'm willing to bet if we had been told we all must exercise once a day, we'd do the complete opposite and all be sat indoors in protest lol.

Country doesn't really keep going under that approach. Half a million were predicted to die. With the huge numbers we were having, France was threatening to shut the border. So no freight. No food, medications, supplies coming in. We don't produce near enough food. Might be different in the US. Already had worries here that we wouldn't be able to get fruit-pickers into the country for the summer to pick the food we do grow here - these are mostly Romanians and Bulgarians. They've had to charter flights to get them in, because commercial airlines have mostly stopped flying. Healthcare is pretty much very limitted the moment. No GP, all hospital appointments/surgeries all cancelled. Even the private healthcare sector has stopped. Worried about how I'm going to get meds when my stockpile of those runs out.

They don't have a plan for lifting the lockdown, most likely because they're all a bit incompetant. Scotland, however, does have a plan and has realeased that. I suspect that they'll sigh in relief and adopt that plan. Seems to be a very, very slow lifting, and they'll just re-lockdown if we have a very, very bad second wave. Schools and offices could reopen, but they'll have to keep socially distancing. Pretty much everyones doing that automatically now. You just stay away from everyone, go nowhere near another person, view everyone as someone who could be infected and infect you. It's odd. Pubs and large gatherings (such as the summer festivals that are a yearly event here, and no new-years events/christmas events) are not going to happen. For a very, very long time. Good. Soon as that happens we'll have a huge outbreak. Again. People wear masks when it lifts - or cover there mouth with a scarf or something. And theres the question of the huge-bill we've now got. Government has been covering 80% of furloughed workers salaries, covering losses for self-employed and bailing out businesses. One of the few things they did right was the financial-support aspect. No idea how this is going to be repaid.

Speaking of bailouts, Trump has applied for one here for his golf-course. Done the same thing in Ireland. He's paid no tax here, and he's an American. Not a Brit. So not sure why he feels he's entitled to one. Same with Richard Branson. He wants one for his airlines. He's also asked for one from Australia. He's also paid no tax in the UK, lives in the tax-haven Cayman Isles to avoid paying tax, and his airline is part owned by Delta - which is American. So not sure why he's asking for one from us. He can go ask the Cayman Isles or the Americans for a bailout, given thats where he lives and where the company who owns that airline is based. These bailouts are designed for Britsh companies, that pay tax in the UK to stop them going under. Mostly small/medium sized companies. Not companies owned by multi-millionaires who run off to tax-havens to avoid paying tax. Want it both ways. Want a huge payout from the system, but don't want to pay into it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    We are seeing a rise in cases. Some are putting it down to more activity by people outdoors. At first everybody was great about everything. I have seen a lot more people out and about. I think the longer they extend the lockdown the more people will start to go out more. Problem as I see it is the rules of the lockdown. They seem to change to suit the government. They allow these workers to be flown in from Bulgaria amd telll Irish people to stay at home. So people are getting a bit pissed off with the double standards. Leo has been asked to define the word ' lockdown '. What exactly does it mean? In his version of it. Because he is quick to bend the rules to help people he knows. People who flew in the fruit pickers are good friends of his. He might have to define what the word means a bit more clearly. Then show he can stick to his own rules. As a rule we tend to go along with things here in Ireland. The government breaks its own rules? People will say ' if they can do that, so can we '. The health board dude who does the evening death roll even had a pop at the government for allowing those workers to enter Ireland. He is not part of the government. Has stood up to them a few times. He suggests things to them to implement. We will have a new batch of suggestions later in the day. Based around the increase of activity outdoors by people.

People like Trump are all about money. The EU tried to block the building of his golf course here in Ireland. Which is why he hates the EU. He will get nothing from Ireland. Simply because we can just about manage to help our own out. We are the same over here with workers getting a special welfare payment. That amounts to nearly what they earned when in work. I can see that figure going down. Or else the country will go bust very quickly. That is a lot of workers and a lot of money to be handing out.

Music festivals are all cancelled here. Still trying to figure out what to do about sport. The All Ireland begins soon. Gaelic football. Scotland have just scrapped the league there. Think Celtic are been handed the title. They were so far ahead anyway. But clubs had to vote. I think Dundee got a backhander. They were down to vote NO. Which would have meant the league was not scrapped. Their vote went missing. Then they voted YES. That single vote made all the difference. They had said they were voting NO. In England it looks like nobody will be awarded any league titles. Liverpool are so far ahead of all other teams. Not won the league in 40 years. They had this one in the bag. All about cutting losses. End the league now and because nobody wins anything the league won't have to pay out any money. You win a league title you get so many million for doing so. Scotland awarded cliubs the money. Even bigger things to come. Champions league been the biggest. Had reached the quater final stages of that. That might have to be scrapped too. Can't just award to somebody. Is all new to everybody. Never had to be done before. They are making it up as they go along. Works out better for some teams than other teams. Some might have to fold. They depend on TV money and fans showing up at games. Smaller clubs.

Life has changed. And with it people are making up things as we go along. Wonder how long it might be before some are made actual law?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If you read the book titles from left to right, it makes for interesting reading.

Attachment 4688

The English Patient
    Had
    Caught
    It
    On the Beach
    I Should Have Stayed Home
    She Said
    Now
    She Was
    In Quarantine
    In the Dark
    House of Splendid Isolation
    Still
    Hope Springs Eternal
    With a Little Bit of Luck
    Common Sense
    And
    Personal Hygiene
    Horror Stories
    Must End Soon
    Always Remember
    Clean Hands Save Lives
    And
    When In Doubt
    Don't
    Go
    Out
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    If you read the book titles from left to right, it makes for interesting reading.

Attachment 4688

The English Patient
    Had
    Caught
    It
    On the Beach
    I Should Have Stayed Home
    She Said
    Now
    She Was
    In Quarantine
    In the Dark
    House of Splendid Isolation
    Still
    Hope Springs Eternal
    With a Little Bit of Luck
    Common Sense
    And
    Personal Hygiene
    Horror Stories
    Must End Soon
    Always Remember
    Clean Hands Save Lives
    And
    When In Doubt
    Don't
    Go
    Out
    Very creative! As a librarian this tickles me. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Have to get your views on Trump and his telling people to inject bleach into themselves to kill the virus off? What was the man thinking? God forbid anybody actually took him serious and done what he said. They would kill themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate

it would appear somebody tried the Trump cure and killed himself by doing so.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Have to get your views on Trump and his telling people to inject bleach into themselves to kill the virus off? What was the man thinking? God forbid anybody actually took him serious and done what he said. They would kill themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate

it would appear somebody tried the Trump cure and killed himself by doing so.
    Trump should let the adults in the room speak from now on LOL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    LOL I know he later said he meant for people to put bleach on the hands. That would blood hurt as well. I am sure others around him sit there and think ' Nooooooooo '. Medical experts here were asked about what he said. When answering they looked a bit in shock. Saying he is no way fit to talk about medical matters. LOL Maybe he should have a person who is medical with him and let them talk all things virus. Then he can talk about retrictions and all of that sort of stuff. They way most countries do it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    LOL I know he later said he meant for people to put bleach on the hands. That would blood hurt as well. I am sure others around him sit there and think ' Nooooooooo '. Medical experts here were asked about what he said. When answering they looked a bit in shock. Saying he is no way fit to talk about medical matters. LOL Maybe he should have a person who is medical with him and let them talk all things virus. Then he can talk about retrictions and all of that sort of stuff. They way most countries do it.
    He usually does have medical professionals with him (Birx and Fauci) for press conferences so IDK what his deal was. Suddenly he thinks he’s a doctor.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Just such a stupid thing to come out with. That is why a lt of people see him in that light. As in dumb. I think it is in that area he needs help. To stop doing such things. Then saying he never said it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Just such a stupid thing to come out with. That is why a lt of people see him in that light. As in dumb. I think it is in that area he needs help. To stop doing such things. Then saying he never said it.
    I know people hate Trump, but he's so awful he makes me laugh.

He just says what everyone thinks.

The [BEEP] in the lunch bowl. Everyone hated him when he ran, both establishment republicans and democrats.

At the very least he probably threw a wrench into the globalist’s plans. That’s worth something, even if it only sets us back a while.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.