Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Yeah, the speed of approving it worries me. They have rushed it I think. They're desperate to get the economy going again, we've had the biggest economic hit in the G7. Fairly sure that me in my 20s with no other health conditions will somewhere near the bottom of the list anyway.

Someone came up with a vaccine passport idea the other day, where if you can have the vaccine you can go back to your normal life. Thankfully shot down by Gov quite fast. Such bad optics if they did that. All the older people who are higher priority because they're higher risk and who we're staying and putting our lives on hold for - because let's be honest here, whilst I'm not so fussed doing this, the younger and healthier ones are hugely low risk and generally just feel a bit crappy when they get it, rather than having to be ventilated - get to go out and have fun in restaurants and theatres whilst the rest of us remain stuck indoors for the next few months it takes to get the vaccines out.

Edit - Yup, been told being vaccinated wont exempt you from self-isolating, or the other restrictions. Whether thatd because we dont know if it works, or done in the interest of fairness, who knows.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Another point is Boris sort of flaunting the idea that they are now out of the EU. A vaccine within the EU would have to be approved by some sort of standards board made up of top EU experts. None of whom have approved this vaccine as of yet. Once approved by them, it has to be approved by experts in each country. The fact the UK are going ahead with it without the normal approval from the EU seems like a real Boris stunt. I think the NHS are top of the list. I am not saying they don't deserve it. But that is like saying we know there will be loads more cases, so give them the vaccine to be able to look after the sick people when they catch the virus. It is certainly not cutting out the virus and the spread of it. Next in line are the elderly. If there is any left after that it will be those with high health risks. From there you move down the age groups. 70's and then 60's. This is were herd immunity will finally be allowed come into play. By protecting so many, you hope the rest are fine based on their immune systems. Herd immunity works best along side a vaccine. It is been debated on the radio as I write this post. What should Ireland do is the debate. They are all saying to wait. We can see what happens in the UK. Or another vaccine that is better might come along. There are 3 at the moment been tested. Looks like 1 of those will be tested on a large scale in the UK. That is the key point here. It was only still been tested. From testing with some results that they said they could approve on, to be put in use in a matter of weeks. Boris wanting to win a race?
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    They're desperate to come up with a Brexit win. Because they havent prepared for it (Brexit Team at work still hasnt been given the "what we need to do for Brexit" or "how to trade GB-NI" information yet, for example). Come January it looks like there will be queues at the border, food shortages, job loses...so they need a benefit. Not sure it's much to do with the EU. The Swiss are not tied the EMA, and they're waiting. The US is waiting. It's been rushed in hopes of getting the economy going. Not sure I trust that.

We need to see what the vaccine does, how it works, does it reduce cases. But if reduces cases to the point where the NHS is not being overloaded - which is supposedly what they're basing the restrictions on - then the restrictions need to lift a bit. For all, not just those who were first in the queue. Which, yes, they should be first. Nothing will kill any sort of lockdown compliance like 60 year old Aunt Bessie going on her second cruise, whilst 20 year low-risk Emma is stuck self-isolating for the second time in a month, hasn't seen family and friends since March, and lost her job in retail.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Was it the swine flu vaccine they rushed a few years back and it was a botch up? That is my only fears. Putting everything on this one working. Anything goes wrong they will all be looking at each other not knowing what to do. Over here it was suggested our government get it first. LOL. Nice idea. They would have to do it on live TV. Few other big names have been put forward. Mainly people who the public hate. That shows what the public are thinking about the vaccine. Inject that lot first and let us see what it does to them. People are all saying the same thing about it been rushed through. So there is not a lot of trust in it.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Yeah they're supposedly going to have ours do it - or at least Boris - have it live on TV. If they have faith in its safety, why not?

Aye, its rushing it that worries me. Dont trust they've ensured it's safe enough, don't trust that they're not rushing it because they need the econony reopened. Guess we'll see, first doses are meant to be next week.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.