Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Our government just passed a second stimulus check for us. A whopping $600 LOL how generous of them

That won’t even pay rent for anyone.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Now the talk is of a lockdown starting the day after Christmas. That was something I said would probably happen. They will discuss it today. If they don't do it, by the New Year the cases will be the highest yet. Just thought they lifted the last lockdown too soon. Don't need to be any kind of expert to predict that by Christmas day those numbers were going to be through the roof.

I do be another forum. One person on there, played it safe from day 1. Her husband picked it up in work. Now the whole family have to be tested. After she wrote that up, she continues with the fact that the whole family went out for a drive. Including the husband who tested positive. This is what we are dealing with. He tested positive and still went out. Get caught doing that over here and you are fined big time.

Doing an edit here because they have changed their minds again. That is what we have to put up with. Nearly changes every hour. Won't be a full level 5 lockdown now. Restrictions will be eased in on various dates. Which to me is a nicer way of saying things will be closed down on various dates until there is nothing left to close down. Which is still a lockdown.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Our government just passed a second stimulus check for us. A whopping $600 LOL how generous of them

Ouch. Wouldn't even have paid half of mine. :/
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Attachment 4752

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,
    Do you know why? Because none of us were
    allowed out,
    Looked out into the street and no Christmas decorations about,
    Looked out of the window, what did I see?
    A spread out group of six people, two sets of three,
    What tier is it today, Tier 4 or Tier 3?
    A new strain of Covid coming to a town near me,
    Waiting for santa to slide down my chimney,
    Cause let's face it i'm all alone & my friends can't celebrate with me,
    Santa finally came! What did he bring?
    A sack full of vaccines, some toilet paper and things,
    He came prepared with extra handwash in his stocking,
    Because he knew that Boris was keeping us locked in,
    We sat and we cheered opening presents all night!
    As we talked and reminisced about this year's
    cancelled flights,
    Up on the roof, his red nosed reindeer was seated,
    Keeping his distance by approximately 2 metres,
    Soon it became time, for Santa Claus to go,
    He could only stay til 10pm under new rules on Tier 4,
    He flew up my chimney I said, "When will you be back?"
    He replied 'Hopefully in a year's time if some [BEEP] doesn't try to eat a bat!"
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    LOL @ six hundred dollar man

Nice Christmas carol

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    SO TRUE!!

If lockdowns work why do we need more than one
    If social distancing works why are we forced to take vaccines
    If vaccines work why do we still need masks

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The first jabs begin here today. Nurses are getting them first. Then nursing homes. Work their way down from there. Just from reading all I have read, most people will refuse the vaccine. Some are worried they will have to take it if they want to visit a different country. Also think the government might, for example, use rock concerts and football matches, by way of saying if you didn't get the jab you can't attend these events. So those with no jab can't go to all events with large numbers. Bit of a sneaky one. By getting the jab you can do things others won't be allowed to do. Made me laugh when they said most people won't be getting the vaccine till the Summer. When there will be better vaccines made. Does this mean they even know this vaccine is not good? Bit like saying if you hold off there are better ones on the way.

A grandmother of nine became the first Irish person to get the vaccine. Though the WHO still states there is no vaccine available as of yet for Covid.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post

Quote Otherside View Post
    Ouch. Wouldn't even have paid half of mine. :/
    Our President vetoed it because it had these wonderful items thrown into the over 5,000 page document lol :

Pakistani transgender study (they can use their own money!)
    Jordanian border wall against Syria (and they complain about a border wall here with Mexico)
    Sudanese business-sprouting funding (don't they mistreat people there?)
    A SECOND multimillion dollar grant to the Kennedy Center for the Arts - which has been CLOSED all year due to Corona (thanks Nancy!)
    Renaming military bases because of self-shaming (Forget history and you're doomed to repeat it people!)
    ….and the big one -> FISH SEX TRAFFICKING - Pimp the fish to see how they mate....Sorry Charlie (Star-Kist tuna tag line)

...and we get crumbs. Congress vetoed the bill and they complain about our President not wanting to help the people. He vetoed it due to the list and more that I just presented. He wanted the $2,000 for the people and less of that crap in my list!
    This one is one Congress!

….so what do they do? Veto the bill and pass a second bill stating the $2,000 to everyone.

Quite frankly, and I don't mean to brag, but I have had my job this entire time and have saved money due to not have to commute to work or eat out. I calculated that in the last nine months, I would have traveled about 16,000 miles (~25,600km) - I have only traveled about 4,000 miles/6,400km and that's to appointments, men's groups, family trips, and errands for my mother. It's going either to my savings account or more than likely my credit card. Thank God I only have one.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    The first jabs begin here today. Nurses are getting them first. Then nursing homes. Work their way down from there. Just from reading all I have read, most people will refuse the vaccine. Some are worried they will have to take it if they want to visit a different country. Also think the government might, for example, use rock concerts and football matches, by way of saying if you didn't get the jab you can't attend these events. So those with no jab can't go to all events with large numbers. Bit of a sneaky one. By getting the jab you can do things others won't be allowed to do. Made me laugh when they said most people won't be getting the vaccine till the Summer. When there will be better vaccines made. Does this mean they even know this vaccine is not good? Bit like saying if you hold off there are better ones on the way.

A grandmother of nine became the first Irish person to get the vaccine. Though the WHO still states there is no vaccine available as of yet for Covid.
    Well, your last sentence fits my mantra:

Wuhan Coronavirus 2020:
    The Chinese Communist Party LIED
    The World Health Organization DENIED
    Economies FRIED
    People DIED

….and the top two don't seem to be held accountable for what has happened. I call it for what it is - bioterrorism by omission.

My mother's in assisted living and her birthday is Christmas Day. I fully expected to just drop off her presents and Christmas dinner and go back home when I got a shock from the staff lady.
    She said I was allowed in the house as long as I wear my mask - the first time since the end of June (and this was lockdown #2). She told me that my showing up outdid anything I could have given her. I didn't even think to bring my phone since I didn't know I would be staying. She hasn't seen pictures of her grandchildren in six months - her grandson/my nephew will be 4 in February and her granddaughter/my niece is now 13 months old!

They are supposed to get vaccinated this week, but I have not been contacted as her guardian.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quite frankly, and I don't mean to brag, but I have had my job this entire time and have saved money due to not have to commute to work or eat out. I calculated that in the last nine months, I would have traveled about 16,000 miles (~25,600km) - I have only traveled about 4,000 miles/6,400km and that's to appointments, men's groups, family trips, and errands for my mother. It's going either to my savings account or more than likely my credit card. Thank God I only have one.
    Yeah, I'm in that fortunate position as well - I'm working remotely, not having to commute into London for work is saving a whole heap (which costs a ridiculous amount - about $5kish a year), plus all the other things that I'm spending not spending because they're not open. Considering spending some of that on a holiday when this is all over.

Someone on the radio pretty much said it the other day - you're either better off financially because you've kept your job and you're spending less because of no commute + less purchases, or you've lost your job and your really struggling financially.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Money been handed out over here is only for those who can't work due to Covid. Nobody else at all. You had a job. But as long as lockdown continues, you are out of work, you get a special weekly pandemic payment. When they lift restrictions and places open back up, it is very hard to sign off this weekly payment. Sounds stupid. More forms to fill out. This can take weeks. You would imagine they would be happy you are back to work and no longer have to give you the payment. The problem? By the time people signed off the last time, we were back in lockdown. So they had to sign up for it again. For some they were earning more on the pandemic payment than they would have earned in work. Some didn't bother signing off from the payment. Talk about confusion. Easy to get on, harder to get off. You get off and you get back on it again. But now we are going to enter level 5 again. So they will all be back on it again.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    No sign on/sign off system here. If you can't work, employer pays you 80% of wage as normal, then the employer claims that money back from gov. They still have to make national insurance (social security) and pension payments though. Companies that are struggling are now saying "well, we can't afford to do that." If you lose your job, you claim jobseekers benefit, which is pretty much nothing.

Here's the embarressing part - UK is the one of the richest countries in the world, 5th largest economy or something. Because of how badly the pandemic has hit some people, how little support there has been, child poverty has risen quite fast in the UK, to the point that it's bad enough that UNICEF has had to step in in order to feed starving children here.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    No sign on/sign off system here. If you can't work, employer pays you 80% of wage as normal, then the employer claims that money back from gov. They still have to make national insurance (social security) and pension payments though. Companies that are struggling are now saying "well, we can't afford to do that." If you lose your job, you claim jobseekers benefit, which is pretty much nothing.

Here's the embarressing part - UK is the one of the richest countries in the world, 5th largest economy or something. Because of how badly the pandemic has hit some people, how little support there has been, child poverty has risen quite fast in the UK, to the point that it's bad enough that UNICEF has had to step in in order to feed starving children here.
    I’ve heard 1 in 5 kids in the United States are now facing hunger too. Really sad how these governments have ruined people’s lives and they don’t care about it at all. Big business is doing better than ever here in the US. Jeff Bezos just got a lot less competitors.

Don’t worry I bet those $600 checks will fix it all LOL

Attachment 4758

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The pay system began the same way here as in the UK. Company paid so much and the welfare paid the rest. Now it is just the welfare paying the money. You could get more at Christmas on this welfare than at work. You got a bonus week. Like a double week.

LOL at that picture. Feed an American family. Made me laugh.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.