ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Blocked here too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Blocked? From channel 4? Wtf???? It’s not even from channel 4 whoever that is, it’s an Amazon movie called Utopia that I guess was finished production in October 2019. It’s about scientists creating a highly contagious virus so that people will take several vaccine injections that will sterilize them so that the global population rapidly decreases to prevent the future effects of climate change!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So Channel 4 is one of the big TV companies here in the UK - think they made the original Utopia TV Series 5 years back or so, looks like they sold it on to Amazon who made a remake of it. They're a bit trigger-happy though when it comes to blocking off stuff on YouTube that they claim to have the exclusive rights to show on there own channel and online services here. Surprised they're able to block off Irish viewers though as well, unless they also broadcast there.

Sounds an interesting series though. Will give it a watch.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Here is a funny take on the knocking on doors. Plus I hear all the birds are dying in the US? Someone can explain why to that one.

As for why things are removed in Ireland. We do get C4 here. But here is another reason it might be blocked in Ireland.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh, it figures I would be able to see that video from here in the States. THey seem to block anything that doesn't lift our "President" in a positive light.
    Instead, they are displaying his son BLUNTer's "straw art" where he is blowing through a straw to spread paint on a canvas. $500,000 a pop? A little some'in' some'in for stupid art? He's used to sucking IN with a straw to his nose, NOT OUT! DUH! You can't make this stuff up! Our Health and Human Services Secretary just got nailed for saying that it is the Government's role in knowing who is vaccinated. JOEjanHorse can't pronounce his name - Javier Becerra. They are freaking out because they failed to reach the "70 percent vaccination by July 4th". Kids are 99.995% likely to LIVE if they catch the Corona. THey are trying to let minors get shots without their parents permission.
    @Cuchculan - Dying birds? I haven't heard a lot of that. Our western states are broiling in a second nasty heat wave that they are trying to blame on climate change. The fact is last year, we had a record high Atlantic hurricane season. We had THIRTY tropical cyclones when ELEVEN is normal! That means it was dry in the West and the annual monsoon didn't arrive - drought allows for hot temperature because of lack of humidity. This year, we are currently on our fifth named storm and it is only the sixth week of a six month season.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    @Ironman here is a link to the story. Lot of birds dying from something. They have no idea what and why.

https://www.dw.com/en/birds-are-dyin...why/a-58163063
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Have quite a few people here wanting permanent restrictions, wtf.

Edit - the first two I can understand (for another month + until under control worldwide I can understand). But the last one (permanently regardless of covid 19 threat is just bizarre and pretty extreme.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    @Ironman here is a link to the story. Lot of birds dying from something. They have no idea what and why.

https://www.dw.com/en/birds-are-dyin...why/a-58163063
    Bird flu, maybe. Flu messes with the head and balance. My neighbor has a ton of bird feeders, so if there were dead birds, I'd probably find a few in my yard. . I haven't seen anything like that, but I am further inland in the State of Ohio. I'll have to be on the lookout, though. Corona Beta strain - Beta as in BIRD.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Vaccine certs on the way here. Same as vaccine passports really. Indoor dining and drinking. If you don't have one, hard luck. One owner of a place he would start reading palms to see if people were lying or not. Kind of a way of saying he will not be checking them. They are bringing in fines though. Big fines at that. Anybody tries to forge one of these will have to pay out big time. You own a place and allow people in without one, you will be fined too. Thank God I don't drink or dine out. Let us see how far they are going to take this.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw the palm thing. White Moose Cafe, Phibsboro way? Guy running it is a good laugh on facebook. Also make good pancakes.

It is going from mandated to advised now. Gov advising nightclubs to check for those passes. Lot have said that unless they legally have to, they won't do it. Similar story with masks. Advised, not legally required, but a business can decide to enforce it or not. Asking people to show common sense. Will see if that holds. Gov has uturned before.

Euros final here a few nights back - and England was playing. Will see if theres a huge spike or not because of that. Was nuts the scenes from that. On the topic of commonsense, had a guy who stuck a firework up his backside...so...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @Cuchculan - I had a dead bird fall into my air conditioner pump. I just heard a loud clanging noise (like a rock had fallen into the blades, and I shut off my air conditioner.....then I look outside....guts and feathers like a horror movie and the dead bird falling to the bottom of the inside of the big box. I sprayed it with the industrial spray I use to kill viruses. Just touching the box makes me nervous. It's the first time I have seen this.

I just saw a report about what you were talking about and Ohio is one of the states! The bird's eyes get crusty and they go blind and then there is the neurological symptoms.

I just hope I didn't catch something this morning. They said it would not be bird flu. What if it's bird global bioterrorism? I could have caught birdbrain's disease!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Whole vaccine cert thing is going to cause queues. Line of people all holding their certs to get in places. All have to be checked. Is going to be one big nightmare. France have talked about making everybody take the vaccine. No choice for anybody. It was quickly shot down. But all their healthcare workers must get the jab. They have no choice. They wanted to extend that to the public too. In parts of Australia they are said to be knocking on doors. This is the army. Again, they can't exactly hold you down and force the vaccine on you.

The Euro finals and the English fans was a massive cluster F. Thousands showed up who had no tickets at all. Most of them got into the stadium. Others were fighting outside of it. Social distancing was done away with. Lot of people talking about how there were far too many people squeezed in together. Then the whole BLM thing. Fans not liking it. Been a tad bit offensive when the players took the knee. Then as it worked out it was 3 of the black players who missed their spot kicks in the final. Which only made this whole us against them thing a lot worse.

@Ironman now it happening to you. I first heard about it from a friend over in the US. Saw a picture of hundreds of dead birds. They had simply fallen out of the sky. Once they don't have anything that can pass on to humans. We are bad enough with Covid.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Why the nightclubs have said they are not doing it. Already have queues out the front. Got to check ID before letting anyone in. But passes as well for each person will slow it all down.

Yes, wasnt great at Wembley. Massive cluster f. Questions being asked about how that happened. Want to make a joint England-Scotland-Wales-NI-ROI world cup bid in 2030. Will make that a lot more difficult. (Only way Scotland will likely qualify though, heh.)

The BLM thing? England took the knee at the start of matches. Got booed. Have been throughout whole tournament. Gov refused to condemn it. Had a few others say they would boycott matches because of it. England continued to do it. Got to the finals, lost. The three black players who had missed the penalties were racially abused. Gov hit out at the racists, currently demanding that big tech hands over the details of the racists. Had one England player turn round to them and say "you dont get to pretend to be disgusted now when the very thing we were protesting about happens." All blown up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Priti Patel it was who made a double standard comment. She said it was a choice for those who were against taken the knee and she understood were they were coming from. Then she has a go at people for been racist and no respecting those same black players she spoke out against a few weeks earlier. A couple of the players called her out on it. The thing is how long do you allow it to go on for? They done it for a full football season. Taken the knee before every match. We had two teams who told the Ref they didn't want to do the whole taken of the knee thing before their game. Both teams were slammed. As somebody said, there has to be an end time for all of it. It can't just go on for ever. I agree with that. The fans did respect it to begin with. Then it just kept going on and on. The fans got fed up with it. Then we had the penalty shoot out and those who missed their ones for England. You couldn't write a better script. Or a worse one. Depending on how you are looking at it. There has been a call to look into how things happened at the final. Why no police about? Game began at 8PM. The fans were acting up at 2PM. Enough time to know things were not going as planned. No police bothered showing up. It got out of hand. Now people want answers. The English FA and the police have a lot to answer for. You might see a fine for the FA. Or they might be told no fans allowed at the next few home games. Nothing worse than that. They can live with that. FA will blame it on the police. Were a few there. A very small few. They should have drafted in thousands more when they saw how things were going. We shall have to wait and see what happens.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Priti Patel it was who made a double standard comment. She said it was a choice for those who were against taken the knee and she understood were they were coming from. Then she has a go at people for been racist and no respecting those same black players she spoke out against a few weeks earlier. A couple of the players called her out on it. The thing is how long do you allow it to go on for? They done it for a full football season. Taken the knee before every match. We had two teams who told the Ref they didn't want to do the whole taken of the knee thing before their game. Both teams were slammed. As somebody said, there has to be an end time for all of it. It can't just go on for ever. I agree with that. The fans did respect it to begin with. Then it just kept going on and on. The fans got fed up with it. Then we had the penalty shoot out and those who missed their ones for England. You couldn't write a better script. Or a worse one. Depending on how you are looking at it. There has been a call to look into how things happened at the final. Why no police about? Game began at 8PM. The fans were acting up at 2PM. Enough time to know things were not going as planned. No police bothered showing up. It got out of hand. Now people want answers. The English FA and the police have a lot to answer for. You might see a fine for the FA. Or they might be told no fans allowed at the next few home games. Nothing worse than that. They can live with that. FA will blame it on the police. Were a few there. A very small few. They should have drafted in thousands more when they saw how things were going. We shall have to wait and see what happens.
    Priti Patel, yeah. Said it was gesture politics. Few others made comments saying they intended to boycott the matches. Then this happened after the final. So now being accused of hypocrisy over it. Even a few other MPs now saying they screwed up over there response to it.

Racism in football is not really anything new. But quite a few people have realized just how bad it is now. Not just an England problem. Few other teams in trouble for racist fans this euros. Quite a few England fans need to get a grip though to be honest. Is a gesture that takes a few seconds. No need to be booing them at the start of the game. Going after the three players that missed the penalties as they have is not on.

Should have had more at Wembley. Should have drafted more. Why they did not will be a question. Wont look good at the upcoming world cup bid.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.