Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    A lot will depend on this pandemic. How long will it last for? The UK quitting the EU before it ends. Not saying the EU is doing anything to help the UK with the pandemic. Just a strange time to have to leave. Longer it goes on for the harder things will become. Been out on your own during those times might not be wise. Trade is going to be near impossible the longer it lasts. At least with the EU you can still trade freely until it ends. When it does end might be the right time to go. But that will lead to protests. Those who want out now. No better over here. Back into lockdown again. Christmas might be cancelled yet. In lockdown till December. 6 weeks. Though you can still buy alcohol. So house parties will continue. Panic buying has began for Christmas. I kid you not. Toy shops reporting empty shelves.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Problem is, we had the chance to extend transition back in June. Would have been sensible during the pandemic. Most accepted it was needed. The decided against it. Ideology over sanity. It's not going to affect them personally- they're far too rich for that. 2021 is going to be quite something as a result. Suspect Boris will be pushed by then and blamed for mishandling it. Suspect there will be a lot of people whining that the promised post-Brexit utopia with sunshine, rainbows and unicorns hasnt been delivered.

We'll be locked down again by Christmas. Numbers are rising here. Wales is going back under Friday. They're trying to half-heartedly do local lockdowns here in the Northern cities. Trying to keep the economy going whilst locking down enough to prevent the disease. They'll manage neither. They'll trash the economy in those places anyway, whilst not doing anything to.prevent covid. We've seen this happen last time. They'll wait until it's a crisis point, then shut things off.

Thought shops were shut in Ireland. Might be where the panics coming from though. Buy everything in case you can't go to the shops to buy Christmas presents.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Everything begins at midnight tomorrow. One shop posted pictures of the empty store. As in nothing left to buy. That was a toy store. Halloween comes first. We will be in lockdown for that. Telling kids to stay in the house. That should be some night. They tried the county lockdowns. Done nothing at all. Border counties have it worse. As they come and go across the border. Be an interesting one. AS FG don't seem to have idea what FF are doing. All saying different things. Leo slated the health bloke on TV. Saying level 5 would never ever happen. That was last week. Here we are on level 5.

Brexit thread. Can only wait and see what does happen at the end of the year. I think an extension would be best for now. Until the pandemic is over. So they will still have the trading and all of that in place. Leave and they might lose all of that. They can shop around between now and when they do leave. Be the smarter move to make.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    ^It would be best. If we had a sane government in charge that is what would happen. "We appreciate that people voted to leave, and we will honour that decision, but regretfully, we must focus on the pandemic, and ensure peoples livelihoods are nor impacted more than they need." Most would accept that, except by the thickest of thick. Who for honestly, nothing would satisfy them. Next they'll want to physically leave the European continent.

Part of me wonders if they just want it over with. Hide the economic damage with covid. Blame Boris for the fallout, get rid of him. He's very unpopular now - frustrating that it's taken ten months for my country to realize that they elected a knobhead. Start again with someone else in charge who isn't Boris. Lot of people here are comparing how bad the political scene here as it the moment to Game of Thrones.

We have Tier 1, 2 and 3 here. Roughly corresponds to "medium threat", "high threat", and "very high". We don't have low anymore. 3 means lockeddown again - sort of. Not full lockdown. But still means a few things have to shut. Pubs and the like. And not much financial support this time for them.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Boris as a fall guy. I could see that. Cameron jumped ship knowing what was about to happen. May never stood a chance. Another fall person. So why not Boris as well. It will only be when the full impact is felt that your average person will know what they have voted for. All sounds well and good to just up and leave. The average person has no idea of the fall out from such a move. Those who do want to stay in the EU. The rest of them think some sort of miracle will happen. Everything will be perfect.

Over here we changed to a new ' living with Covid ' system. Level 5 is total lockdown. Though a few things they altered at the last minute. Just various parties have no idea what other parties are about to do. FF and FG been the main two. They are in power together with the green party. Is like they are all acting alone. Things they say contradict each other. As I mention, Leo having a go on TV about the head medical bloke. The names he was calling him. Saying he had no idea what he was doing. Level 5 was not the way forward. FF then go and put us all on level 5. Making Leo look like an idiot.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.