Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CuriousCurious
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

How do we let others know on SAS about AS?

I let 2 of my friends know that blogs are here and people from SAS are here too but they censor the name out of anxiety websites like anxiety space and I feel people should know that there is a blogging option on Anxiety Space that socialanxietysupport.com no longer has.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just tell them. Use a short URL or space the wording. If you have them on other platforms you can tell them there. It's only right they can come here too.

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If we all only link to a small handful of people each with a tinyurl.com or if you are active in any other SAS off the site groups that would be best but don't over do it to people you aren't close with directly on SAS.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    You can get around it by spacing out the letters.

If you dont want to be banned on there, do not post it on the main forums. Unless the policy has drastically changed, you will end up with a ban for promoting a rival site.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post

If you dont want to be banned on there, do not post it on the main forums. Unless the policy has drastically changed, you will end up with a ban for promoting a rival site.
    Which is sad that people would get banned for promoting anxiety resources. This board is for all anxiety disorders and other spectrums that lead to anxiety were SAS is for just Social Anxiety Disorder. Especially now that the board layout has changed there drastically were basically two different types of forums as well. The two deffo can co-exist; but yeah, I would hate for anyone to be banned.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

We wouldn’t ban anyone for posting a link to AS, but the VS admins might not be happy if they saw it. It isn’t really a “rival site.”

We ban people if they join just to advertise something or try to get people to pay for something, but those people are mostly spammers or scammers. If an established member posted a link to another SA forum, we wouldn’t do anything about it - I think the rules are a little bit more lenient now. The only people who would care are VS. I know they didn’t want me to start a thread about a small forum I made this time two years ago, which I asked them about.

I tried sending a link in a PM to one of the mods so he could join if he wanted to because I thought the “upgrade” might have removed the censor, but it was still censored and I had to type it with a space in the middle.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Glad to see its changed then. I have a ban on there from a few years back for precisely that - linking to AnxS, rival site being the precise wording given in the ban reason. At the time that had happened, I was not the only one who had been hit with the banhammer for that.

The two sites can definatley co-exist - SAS is social anxiety specific, we are all of the anxiety disorders. It is a shame that the name is still ****'ed out.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    good to see the policy changed

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I was sayin' in the other post (n' I'll add it here too for good measure) is some bots can probably filter out spaces if they were smart and well done to check for URL/Email spamming that way but unless I'm outta the loop they can't really take into account any obscure ASCII ya'd wanna put in place of 'em while just telling the folks on the forum "just remove X character"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Glad to see its changed then. I have a ban on there from a few years back for precisely that - linking to AnxS, rival site being the precise wording given in the ban reason. At the time that had happened, I was not the only one who had been hit with the banhammer for that.

The two sites can definatley co-exist - SAS is social anxiety specific, we are all of the anxiety disorders. It is a shame that the name is still ****'ed out.
    Was it a temporary ban or a permanent one? That is sad, especially if it was without a warning and you weren’t new.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Silent Memory View Post
    Was it a temporary ban or a permanent one? That is sad, especially if it was without a warning and you weren’t new.
    Better to talk about it in PM because it's a really sore spot for a lot of members.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.