Page 208 of 380 FirstFirst ... 8 108 158 198 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5698
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Hm, I think I was asked to be the Godfather of my neice..now I don't know what to do o.o

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    There's no babies in my family, so if it were me, I would embrace it, though I was never really clear on what being a godparent exactly entailed.

Maybe you have to adopt the kid if the parents die.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have godparents but I don't remember who they are, and neither do my parents (who chose them). I don't think it's taken very seriously a lot of the time.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote 1 View Post
    Hm, I think I was asked to be the Godfather of my neice..now I don't know what to do o.o
    I'm the godparent (godfather lol, I'm the godfather....always wanted to say that) of two of my ex-wife's best friend's kids.

I think it means you act as an informal guardian, you watch out for their welfare, and if something were to happen to their biological parents you step in of course.

I'd do that for my neice and nephew, and for a few friends, even though I'm not their godparent.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    In the interests of not having a massive bitchfest aimed at ones person rather insensitive Facebook posts (they are now unfollowed. Debating the unfriend button):

- From someone with a long term and severe mental health problem who attempted suicide three times, and was almost sectioned for one of those attempts - 13 Reasons Why is a load of shite, it's not revolutionary, and it's certainly not addressing stigma. The whole bloody thing goes on and on and on about how there's deep seated reasons for this girls suicide. Very few times during that whole series is there any attempt at seeking help for a mental health problem. Very few times is it suggested that there is a mental health problem. The words "Depression" and "PTSD" and "anxiety" or not uttered and instead the suicide comes down to a load of shitty life events. So why don't you STFU instead of complaining about people bring this up, people who, have been in a very similar situation to me, and are simply saying that the whole program is appalling when it comes to battling stigma, and going on about "love and hugs cures all"? JFC.

- You went to a Grammar School, you don't know what its like going to the "regular comp". You've never been to a normal school, a further education college, anything with the regular, normal rabble. Some ranting about how it's no different. Yes, they are bloody elitist. They want a perfect student who fits a perfect mould. And no doubt, you have no idea how soul crushing is it to be told at the age of 11 that you're not intelligent enough to go to a certain school, or to be denied a place at that school because "your hand writing is not good enough". Sorry, but [BEEP] off.

There. Facebook rant not posted angrilly on Facebook. Drama avoided.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    In the interests of not having a massive bitchfest aimed at ones person rather insensitive Facebook posts (they are now unfollowed. Debating the unfriend button):

- From someone with a long term and severe mental health problem who attempted suicide three times, and was almost sectioned for one of those attempts - 13 Reasons Why is a load of shite, it's not revolutionary, and it's certainly not addressing stigma. The whole bloody thing goes on and on and on about how there's deep seated reasons for this girls suicide. Very few times during that whole series is there any attempt at seeking help for a mental health problem. Very few times is it suggested that there is a mental health problem. The words "Depression" and "PTSD" and "anxiety" or not uttered and instead the suicide comes down to a load of shitty life events. So why don't you STFU instead of complaining about people bring this up, people who, have been in a very similar situation to me, and are simply saying that the whole program is appalling when it comes to battling stigma, and going on about "love and hugs cures all"? JFC.

- You went to a Grammar School, you don't know what its like going to the "regular comp". You've never been to a normal school, a further education college, anything with the regular, normal rabble. Some ranting about how it's no different. Yes, they are bloody elitist. They want a perfect student who fits a perfect mould. And no doubt, you have no idea how soul crushing is it to be told at the age of 11 that you're not intelligent enough to go to a certain school, or to be denied a place at that school because "your hand writing is not good enough". Sorry, but [BEEP] off.

There. Facebook rant not posted angrilly on Facebook. Drama avoided.
    God this exactly why I'm heavily thinking about tanking my Facebook. Just doesn't do me any good

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    God this exactly why I'm heavily thinking about tanking my Facebook. Just doesn't do me any good
    Tell me about it. Most of the people on mine are on ignore. So instead my daily feed is mostly filled with cute images of puppys, cat pictures, and a page called "Angry People in Local Newspapers" (hilarious. People whining about how there neighbour bought a yellow car or something and its ruining the view and thats somehow newsworthy.) Mostly keeps my blood pressure levels down.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Happy Easter All...NOW GIVE ME UR CHOCOLATE GIFTS

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    NO. THE EGGS ARE MINE.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Day four of some...icky, fluey bug beginning to actually feel slightly better.

Haven't eaten anything much in the last three days, and I've woken up starving. It's six in the morning and a bank holiday Monday meaning that absolutely nothing is open...but there's nothing in the house and I really want a curry.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Day four of some...icky, fluey bug beginning to actually feel slightly better.

Haven't eaten anything much in the last three days, and I've woken up starving. It's six in the morning and a bank holiday Monday meaning that absolutely nothing is open...but there's nothing in the house and I really want a curry.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. I hope you recover 100% and get some food soon!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. I hope you recover 100% and get some food soon!
    Thanks.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    IBS is being a son of a [BEEP] today.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    BLah

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I should be out going to the park enjoying the beautiful spring blossoms, plants coming to life, blue skies and warm temperatures. Yet I sit inside, alone.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.