Page 120 of 137 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2052
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    feel so dumb since I keep reading online "black people have low iqs" I'm so sick of seeing that [BEEP]!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    feel so dumb since I keep reading online "black people have low iqs" I'm so sick of seeing that [BEEP]!
    People write stupid things to get a reaction. Some idiot probably looking at mainly Black areas in the US. High unemployment and people leaving school earlier. Much like they could say about working class areas in Dublin. They would be no different from the Projects in the US. Lot of intelligent black people out there. You aware the Irish are considered the blacks of Europe? In England in the 60's and 70's signs in shop windows looking for workers would say ' No blacks, No Irish, No dogs '. So the Irish began telling people they were black. And proud of it. Blacks and the Irish stuck together in England. Shared houses and shared housing estates.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm feeling so very, very.....old....right now.

My sister's son, my nephew, just bought his first car. He's going to be driving in a few months. This is the kid, the baby, that I held in my arms right after he was born. I saw him take his first steps.

*sigh* My oldest daughter is 16 years old, also. She's just too anxious to drive. And.....I can't say that that's a bad thing. I can wait for her to drive, she can take her sweet time getting ready to do that, for all I care. She can take her sweet time growing up. They grow up too fast. Way, way too fast.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ok

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tired

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    weird

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Board

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tired.

Also, worried. I had always thought my oldest daughter didn't want to drive yet (she's almost 17) because of financial reasons....insurance for a 17 year old is just ridiculous. But I recently found out my ex-wife's parents actually offered to buy her a car. A nice car. She's just too anxious to drive, and I think she's so anxious about it she doesn't even want to admit that's the reason.

I read a news story recently that more and more 16 and 17 year olds are waiting to get their license, so I guess it's not too big a deal. It's like a trend now in the USofA to wait to get your license. Just have your parents or friends or an older sibling, relative drive you where you need to go. But she's going to have to get a license eventually. I hope it doesn't become more of an issue.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    terrified, stupid, crazy, and tired

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tired

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    Tired.

Also, worried. I had always thought my oldest daughter didn't want to drive yet (she's almost 17) because of financial reasons....insurance for a 17 year old is just ridiculous. But I recently found out my ex-wife's parents actually offered to buy her a car. A nice car. She's just too anxious to drive, and I think she's so anxious about it she doesn't even want to admit that's the reason.

I read a news story recently that more and more 16 and 17 year olds are waiting to get their license, so I guess it's not too big a deal. It's like a trend now in the USofA to wait to get your license. Just have your parents or friends or an older sibling, relative drive you where you need to go. But she's going to have to get a license eventually. I hope it doesn't become more of an issue.
    Speaking from personal experience, it could be something that fades as she grows older. I personally did not have the confidence to drive until I grew older.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Speaking from personal experience, it could be something that fades as she grows older. I personally did not have the confidence to drive until I grew older.
    Yeah, I hope that's the case. I was really anxious. I got my license at 16 but I barely passed the driving test I was so damn anxious.

Her younger brother and sister really resent her not getting her driver's license. They are constantly talking about how much easier life would be if she could drive. There is actually a lot of conflict going on between my oldest daughter, and her two younger siblings. They really resent her for having the anxiety and depression, and for being in a psychiatric hospital, and for having all the problems she has. At first they were worried for her, about her....now it's turned into pure resentment.

I was at this watch part for the MLB all star game, and my twins, the younger ones, ended up sitting away from us, with my oldest daughter beside me, and an empty seat between us, then them two together. That's just strange. It's just....sad, really. Their feelings are their own, and they are what they are, they're neither right nor wrong, they're just feelings. I just don't know why they seem to have so much resentment. I've talked to my ex-wife about it and she says "they are just so, so tired of her drama". I feel like there's nothing I can do to help the situation.

She's victimized because of her anxiety and depression, by her own family. I of course stick up for her. And that's a big, huge issue lately. They don't like me sticking up for her when she gets bullied by her younger brother and sister, I get called out for it all the time.

They actually might resent me, too....that idea is not lost on me. It's been going on for years now and there's no real easy solution, no quick fix that I can see.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    Yeah, I hope that's the case. I was really anxious. I got my license at 16 but I barely passed the driving test I was so damn anxious.

Her younger brother and sister really resent her not getting her driver's license. They are constantly talking about how much easier life would be if she could drive. There is actually a lot of conflict going on between my oldest daughter, and her two younger siblings. They really resent her for having the anxiety and depression, and for being in a psychiatric hospital, and for having all the problems she has. At first they were worried for her, about her....now it's turned into pure resentment.

I was at this watch part for the MLB all star game, and my twins, the younger ones, ended up sitting away from us, with my oldest daughter beside me, and an empty seat between us, then them two together. That's just strange. It's just....sad, really. Their feelings are their own, and they are what they are, they're neither right nor wrong, they're just feelings. I just don't know why they seem to have so much resentment. I've talked to my ex-wife about it and she says "they are just so, so tired of her drama". I feel like there's nothing I can do to help the situation.

She's victimized because of her anxiety and depression, by her own family. I of course stick up for her. And that's a big, huge issue lately. They don't like me sticking up for her when she gets bullied by her younger brother and sister, I get called out for it all the time.

They actually might resent me, too....that idea is not lost on me. It's been going on for years now and there's no real easy solution, no quick fix that I can see.
    Yeah it was a similar issue for me. My younger sister resented me for my mental health problems. She may well still do so, to a degree, although it's lessened somewhat. It's not an easy situation and there's not an easy fix at all. Age does breed some understanding. She has grown older, seen friends and her ex deal with depression and anxiety, and even deals with it herself somewhat, even if she is somewhat in denial about it (although I do not wish that on your other children. Mental health problems are horrid.)

I can't speak as to why the resentment is there, because I never fully understood why my sister had it. I know she felt as though my own issues were affecting her and everything she did. And sure, as harsh as it is, I was hardly an easy person to live with, and people need a time out from the drama.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yeah it was a similar issue for me. My younger sister resented me for my mental health problems. She may well still do so, to a degree, although it's lessened somewhat. It's not an easy situation and there's not an easy fix at all. Age does breed some understanding. She has grown older, seen friends and her ex deal with depression and anxiety, and even deals with it herself somewhat, even if she is somewhat in denial about it (although I do not wish that on your other children. Mental health problems are horrid.)

I can't speak as to why the resentment is there, because I never fully understood why my sister had it. I know she felt as though my own issues were affecting her and everything she did. And sure, as harsh as it is, I was hardly an easy person to live with, and people need a time out from the drama.
    Yeah, I know it can't be easy for them. I was the oldest child, so I don't know and don't pretend to know what it's like to be the younger, behind the oldest, and behind someone with very real, very serious issues, like I had, or like my oldest daughter has. I imagine it's not easy being in that position.

I can sort of understand why someone might be resentful for being in that situation....but I don't understand how you cannot be able to put that aside, for compassion, and for trying to help them get well. Even as a teenager, I don't understand anyone that's not able to do that. They're you're own flesh and blood. She's your sister. Tbh, that really, really bothers me. Maybe I'm the one that's not seeing things clearly, but I don't understand why my ex-wife, and my youngest two kids, all seem to resent me for sticking up for my oldest daughter. She is really, seriously bullied sometimes. Idk why you wouldn't want to stick up for someone like that. Maybe my perspective is just way different because I've been through what she's going through, I've been depressed and anxious, I've been hospitalized. But, also, where is the empathy.....I don't understand.....if my oldest daughter tried to kill herself, and if she did kill herself, which she has tried in the past, how would my ex-wife, how would her brother and sister feel. I don't understand the way they treat her. It's wrong, imo.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Pretty gud

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.